What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Darrell Scott Leaving For NFL

Either he wants all the shortcuts, has an inflated view of himself, or received some bad advice (probably a combination of these).

He will not be drafted, and if a team signs him as an undrafted free agent, I don't think that GM will be around very long.

Wonder how he would be recieved in Texas? Dallas, Houston. What would be the fan response to a guy who turned down the beloved longhorns.

I think at present everywhere outside Colorado and Tampa people would respond with "Who?"

If he does get drafted Roger should walk to the podium in a unicorn costume just to show he can have a little fun.

I'd bet on him getting drafted in the late rounds. He is very big and has some decent speed. There aren't that many big RB's out there. The only reason he may go UFA, is if teams are scared of his durability issues.

First off, I have been less critical of Scott than most on this board, but let me say that there is no way in hell I think I would draft the dude. However, that thug from Oregon, Blount, did get drafted, didn't he? How much did he play in college?

First off, I have been less critical of Scott than most on this board, but let me say that there is no way in hell I think I would draft the dude. However, that thug from Oregon, Blount, did get drafted, didn't he? How much did he play in college?

1 full time season as a JR - 1000 yards, 17 scores, 7.3 ypc

SR season was cut short after the BSU game, where he carried 22 times for 80 yards and 2 scores.

1 full time season as a JR - 1000 yards, 17 scores, 7.3 ypc

SR season was cut short after the BSU game, where he carried 22 times for 80 yards and 2 scores.

Ok. Yeah. 7.3 ypc is pretty good. Nevermind.

That, and not all character problems are alike. I'd rather draft a guy who threw a punch over a guy with the work ethic of Jamarcus Russel.

i've seen bits of him playing this season, but not much. is he still way over his weight and a step slower? if so, then i can understand the doubt. if not, then i would point back to his vitals--- if he is in shape and uninjured, he'll show up in workouts. i would think it is possible that someone will take him in the later rounds and hope they got a diamond in the rough.

Classic TBD rant from USF board:

"hey, Darrell... Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.
rolleyes.gif
"

Classic TBD rant from USF board:

"hey, Darrell... Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.
rolleyes.gif
"

TBD or DBT?

"If he doesn't want to be a (insert whatever South Florida's mascot is...a bull, maybe?), than we don't want him here! We just want kids who want to be here and work hard regardless of their talent level. **** referees...they hate South Florida!"

My guess is that he just bombed his finals, and might be looking at academic problems.

Or just doesn't like the college environment and wants to get on with whatever is next (getting paid), be it NFL, CFL, or Europe (or delivery groceries to Sackygate). He's a man, it's his decision and his life. I understand USF fans' frustration, but no one else's.

Funny stuff - could not crack the starting line-up at a 3-10 CU team and is going into the NFL:huh:

LeGary was an undrafted free agent, i think if Scott turns into the next Blount, it would be a miracle

Blount had tons of talent and production. In 2009 he rushed for over 1,000 yards and had 17 touchdowns, AS A BACKUP. In 2010 he was suspended for missing voluntary workouts (think about that for a second), then he showed up out of shape for the fall camps then we all remember this:

[video=youtube;SGTYiCqzpcw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGTYiCqzpcw[/video]

Blount had problems but was at least productive in college. Darrell and his mom (sarcasm), not so much...

I wish DS no ill will but it's really hard to see what he's seeing. Sort of like 'tini declaring for grad school at Princeton.

This might sound ridiculous (in fact, I know it does), but I think there is a 100% chance some team picks him up. He probably won't get drafted, but somebody will take him.

Remember folks, the NFL drafts on POTENTIAL. This kid has plenty of it. All it will take is one team saying they've got the coaching staff/veterans in place to get him on the straight and narrow. They'll get him to focus, practice etc and boom...Profit. He has the build of a NFL player (when he wants), the right size/speed combination to contribute (perhaps). Somebody will be desperate enough to take a flyer on him.

In fact, I'd go as far as to say he'd get more of a look than somebody like Speedy would get. Speedy doesn't pass the "eyeball" test. He also gets hurt. He won't be able to be on kickoff return teams or punt coverage teams. In the eyes of GMs, Speedy "probably can't" but Scott "could"

It's ridiculous, but that's the world we live in.

SIAP but could it possibly be that his academics are behind this "decision?"

Every year there is some player who declares early and ends up watching the enitre draft, beginning to end, and not hearing their name....this year it could be Scott.
I wouldn't doubt it. 800 yards and 5 TD's against small time teams. He's smoking some good $h!t.

Back