What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Darrell Scott's Facebook ... Goodbye Boulder, finally

shoud we remove the picture?

• Remove pic?

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • Delete thread?

Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Do nothing?

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • Extend Dan Hawkins?

Votes: 9 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Love the grammar.

Grammar_Time.gif

I think we need BCS's ruling on alcohol level. He is our expert.

Agreed. I have warring thoughts here. On the one hand, the grammar and style is very indicative of a young person who has had their forum experience consist entirely of the twitter/texting era. On the other, alcohol would also explain it. However, the complete lack of capital letters suggests the former to me.

Looks like someone did some housekeeping here. Probably a wise decision.

I must say the Interwebz sure change the way I learn things, true or not. After reading something here yesterday, I decided to google the name in question, and learned quite a bit I did not expect to learn - true or not. I debated with myself whether I should share the "info" which was just gossipy trivia, and am glad I didn't. Felt uncomfortable, yet it's all very strange that people post things about themselves and their friends and acquaintances that third parties, such as myself, who really should have no business knowing all that, can see quite easily.

This has reinforced my opinion that I'm too private a person to have a facebook page or access to anyone else's. Better safe than sorry, eh?

I must say the Interwebz sure change the way I learn things, true or not. After reading something here yesterday, I decided to google the name in question, and learned quite a bit I did not expect to learn - true or not. I debated with myself whether I should share the "info" which was just gossipy trivia, and am glad I didn't. Felt uncomfortable, yet it's all very strange that people post things about themselves and their friends and acquaintances that third parties, such as myself, who really should have no business knowing all that, can see quite easily.

This has reinforced my opinion that I'm too private a person to have a facebook page or access to anyone else's. Better safe than sorry, eh?

Allbuffs. Keeping AlferdJasper internet savvy and young at heart since 2008.
View attachment 4715

Last edited by a moderator:

What the hell are you talking about?

Why was Calibuff's post deleted? This thread was just getting good.

What the hell are you talking about?

Why was Calibuff's post deleted? This thread was just getting good.

I didn't delete it, but if I had to guess at the reason, it was because it named a real person and then listed quite a few embarrassing things this person was said to have done.
We don't let things get that out of hand on recruits and players, and this was neither, it was (presumably) some sharp criticism of a CU coed.
The thread was getting good, but if it had been a relative of mine, I can tell you I would have been shocked to see that much detail on a message board.

Which was why I was torn, it was the "can't stop looking at the car wreck" syndrome, where I know I shouldn't, but it had me riveted.

Mods cleaned this up a bit. Good choice. Believe it or not, we try to keep it classy here at Allbuffs :lol:

Allbuffs. Keeping AlferdJasper internet savvy and young at heart since 2008.

:lol: I do believe that's Jeremy Bloom or a close proximation. Not even close.
Pretty sure it's not my facebook page because of a spelling error. The photo I'm not sure about ...
..............................................................................:rolling_eyes:

But from what I hear, it's entirely possible for facebook and google to get together behind my back and create a page and invite people I don't even know to be my friends. And my "friends" and my facebook page may be off having a good old time without me. Technology can make real people redundant.

Back in the old days ... well, it was different. I'd tell you how different, but I can't even convince my kids that I got through high school and college without a laptop. Or a cell phone. Or cable. Or color tv.

Cheez. Let alone facebook and twitter.

dog internet.jpeg

i deleted the original post because it named a CU student (not an athlete) and it had all kinds of personal slurs about that student. additionally, the post had several slurs against a former player, too.

it was over the top. some college kid who isn't even subject to the scrutiny or attention that d-1 athletes are forced to live with doesn't deserve to be called names on an anonymous message board.

that's why.

i deleted the original post because it named a CU student (not an athlete) and it had all kinds of personal slurs about that student. additionally, the post had several slurs against a former player, too.

it was over the top. some college kid who isn't even subject to the scrutiny or attention that d-1 athletes are forced to live with doesn't deserve to be called names on an anonymous message board.

that's why.
However, calling DBT names is fair game. :smile2:

I don't even know what this thread is about.

Back