What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Darrell Scott's Facebook message ....

BroncoBuff

Only mention he's made online. Posted late Tuesday night.

Weird ....

Darrell Scott Call it my letter to god. I need strength, I need wisdom, I need you and your angels in my life. It is time for me to be a real man that is why I am writing this letter to you. I love you so much! I know you are a jealous god that wants his kids love, so that is why I am depending on you to get me out this mess. You blessed me with a great mother and father, who only wants the best for me. Philippines 4:13 AMEN!​

"get me out this mess"

Wow. I'm not sure what to make of that, but best of luck to DS, I still think he's going to be a monumental talent.

He's ready to be a real man. I hope he learns the lesson from this that you dont quit when things get hard. If he dont, he's gonna be quitting for the rest of his life. I think he will and maybe this will turn out good for him. Time will tell.

Ferdinand Marcos wrote that book.

I'm partial to 3:10 to Yuma.

Dan Evans: If I don't go, we gotta pack up and leave. Now I'm tired, Alice. I'm tired of watching my boys go hungry. I'm tired of the way that they look at me. I'm tired of the way that you don't.

He's ready to be a real man. I hope he learns the lesson from this that you dont quit when things get hard. If he dont, he's gonna be quitting for the rest of his life. I think he will and maybe this will turn out good for him. Time will tell.

That's bull**** to say. He went to college to progress and have a shot at the NFL, not because he loves the Buffs or Horns, or any other school. Kids that are 5 stars go where they think they will be showcased and can move on to the NFL.

He was sitting behind other RBs with coaches saying he was hurt when he was not!!! (and yes, I chat with him on FB occasionally, on more than one case he assured me he was fine to play and then would not get into the games for any significant time at all). A ****ty OL, not much hope of getting significant carries much less being the featured back---means the dream of the NFL is squashed if he stays here.

What he is doing is trying to keep pursuing his dream!! You think he is quitting on the Buffs-- but the coach has quit on him IMO, and he is still trying to work toward his dream of the NFL. He did not quit on his dream. DId you ever quit on a girlfriend that treated you bad?? NO???? SO you married that bitch?? Or did you move on to greener pastures.

To quit-- to me would have been to drop out of school and quit football. He is not doing that. He is doing what he thinks is best toward the realization of his goals.

I'm partial to 3:10 to Yuma.

Dan Evans: If I don't go, we gotta pack up and leave. Now I'm tired, Alice. I'm tired of watching my boys go hungry. I'm tired of the way that they look at me. I'm tired of the way that you don't.

One of my favorites from the book of High verse 12:00 (commonly called 12:00 High)

Gen Pritchard: "I've gotta ask you to take nice kids and fly them until they can't take any more, and then put 'em back in and fly 'em some more. We've got to try to find out just what a maximum effort is. How much a man can take and get it all."

Last edited:
There must be so much behind closed doors that most of us are not aware of. There are obviously problems on both sides. I wish nothing but the best for both sides to figure out their problems and move on...... I wish more that Hawk would figure out his problems and (literally and figuratively) MOVE ON :smile2:

Its a sad situation and we need to start resolving it rather than finding more problems with this program.

That's bull**** to say. He went to college to progress and have a shot at the NFL, not because he loves the Buffs or Horns, or any other school. Kids that are 5 stars go where they think they will be showcased and can move on to the NFL.

He was sitting behind other RBs with coaches saying he was hurt when he was not!!! (and yes, I chat with him on FB occasionally, on more than one case he assured me he was fine to play and then would not get into the games for any significant time at all). A ****ty OL, not much hope of getting significant carries much less being the featured back---means the dream of the NFL is squashed if he stays here.

What he is doing is trying to keep pursuing his dream!! You think he is quitting on the Buffs-- but the coach has quit on him IMO, and he is still trying to work toward his dream of the NFL. He did not quit on his dream. DId you ever quit on a girlfriend that treated you bad?? NO???? SO you married that bitch?? Or did you move on to greener pastures.

To quit-- to me would have been to drop out of school and quit football. He is not doing that. He is doing what he thinks is best toward the realization of his goals.
I agree with you in a sense but it takes two to **** things up. I wish him the best in pursuit of his dream but he did quit CU football did he not? Qutting CU football and giving up on his dream are 2 different things. I hope his dream comes true and, like every other CU fan, I wish it would've worked out here. Darrell seems like a great and classy guy but he did quit CU football no matter the circumstances with 4 games left and that's a fact. The other fact is, I dont blame him at all but it is what it is. For the record, I think the coaches messed this up way more than DScott. They clearly dont know how to handle their talent. I hope Darrell gets the hardship and succeeds wherever he ends up. I also hope we never have to play against him.

I can certify that I am Filipino and I have never heard of this. However, I have never been to the islands. I will ask my relatives though.

Philippians 4:13

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." - KJV

It was a funny typo, but cut the guy some slack. :smile2:

Back