What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Dave Logan to csu?

I think that CSU picked a bad time to look for a coach (of course they had little choice). There are an unusually large number of BCS level coaching openings and the competition for Candidates will be rough. Once the BCS schools have taken up and coming coaches then the next level will be filling the vacated positions. I think CSU will be looking at the 3rd tier. They also have Saint Sonny taking shots from the sideline - he is insisting that it be someone with CSU ties - Fairchild had CSU ties (played and coached there) and it did him little good. I know that CU emphasized that in the hiring last year but I disagree that it should ever be a primary criteria.

"They also have Saint Sonny taking shots from the sideline - he is insisting that it be someone with CSU ties"

BVP?

Probably right. I was just thinking that BVP was Pete Thomas before Pete Thomas was Pete Thomas

Probably right. I was just thinking that BVP was Pete Thomas before Pete Thomas was Pete Thomas

Have you ever seen BVP in the same room as PT?

Lambnation has also been down the last few days. :lol: I guess all 30 fans tried to log in at the same time.

Really? I took a gander at it yesterday and the day before...

Really? I took a gander at it yesterday and the day before...

Weird. I've tried today and yesterday and it timeout on me. And even right now. Maybe it is a CU thing. Why would they be blocking it? hmmmmm :lol:

Might be - it loads fine for me.

You aren't missing much, they're basically just constantly posting about this new stadium they're for sure going to get

Might be - it loads fine for me.

You aren't missing much, they're basically just constantly posting about this new stadium they're for sure going to get

I still don't get how they are going to build it. Even if Stryker gives them $20million that still leaves them well short of the money needed for a decent stadium. The state has no money and I'd be pissed if any tax money funded them while we state employees haven't received a raise in over 5 years.

Graham sounds like a high school student running for school president.

The amount of money such a stadium would cost, Graham said, is at least $100 million and probably more. But he believes a concerted effort from students, fans, major donors and others could make it happen in a way that would benefit them all.

Where the **** is the money coming from. Does he know we are in a recession? We thought we would be getting big name donors together donating a million a piece. That doesn't seem to be happening. Our alumni make more and care more and we don't receive the funding. How the hell are they going to?

I really hope they are able to get an on campus stadium. I would like to make the trip to Ft. Collins over Denver but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

They do seem to have those one or two BIG donors that CU lacks

For comparison sake, SMU built their 32K stadium on campus in 2000 for $42M. The pre-game atmosphere is now better than the in-stadium atmosphere, with all the BBQ smokers and tailgate tents lining campus. "SMU doesn't tailgate, they Boulevard" ...that's their game day motto. It's a vastly better scene now than it was at the old cotton bowl in fair park. But SMU still has trouble filling their quaint little stadium. I bought 50 yardline seats for $35 each for the Tulane game, and the stadium was half empty. This is 11 years after the grand opening.

I have no doubt that CSU fans would benefit from a stadium on campus. And based on SMU model, they should be able to do so for under $100M. But I don't see how CSU will double their gameday attendence by building it. If SMU can only get 20K with June Jones and a ranked TCU gets under 35K per game with their new or renovated stadiums here in the middle of one of America's most football crazy metro areas, then count me as skeptical that some MWC team 70 miles north of Denver will get more than 20K on a regular basis.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_J._Ford_Stadium

Last edited by a moderator:
For more comparisons, UCF built a 45K seat stadium for about $55 million, but that was 5 years ago. UNC-Charlotte recently broke ground on a 15K seat stadium that is costing a little over $40 million.

For more comparisons, UCF built a 45K seat stadium for about $55 million, but that was 5 years ago. UNC-Charlotte recently broke ground on a 15K seat stadium that is costing a little over $40 million.

So for a 50k stadium we are talking anywhere between $60 million and $133 million. That's a lot of cheddar, but they do have those two big donors.

So for a 50k stadium we are talking anywhere between $60 million and $133 million. That's a lot of cheddar, but they do have those two big donors.

Who the **** is gonna fill a 50k stadium in ft. fun? They can't even get a 30k half full for a rivalry game

So, you're saying they're delusional, right?

CSU can't be faulted for having Boulder tastes on a Ft.Collins budget.

Its clear that CSU (3-9) covets that which CU (3-10) already has: AQ conference membership with a big fat network contract, a 53k seat stadium on campus that mostly fills up, and a dynamic coach that comes from within the program with a winning record over their instate rivals.

It would be awesome, on a purely selfish level, if CSU does build this stadium and then tries to back out of Sports Authority. Bohn tells them to go **** themselves and they live in the red for years to come.

It would be awesome, on a purely selfish level, if CSU does build this stadium and then tries to back out of Sports Authority. Bohn tells them to go **** themselves and they live in the red for years to come.

The three most important things you need to fill a stadium are location, location, location.

CSU would have better luck attracting 50K fans if they moved the stadium a little closer to their alumni. The new CSU stadium should be built on their Denver campus.

Back