What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Dave Logan to csu?

Does seem to be a bit of a double-standard in the media and all this. CU get's crushed anytime there is any mention of spending on athletics.... CSU gets a free ride

How the **** does CSU get to use university reserves to build athletic facilities and CU has to take out a ****ing loan? (yes, I know CSU is doing that too, but only for a bit of the price).

Also, if you can only fund 1.5 mil in private donations for a face lift of your high school basketball gym... How the **** are you gonna get 100 million to build a stadium?

The $1.5 Million was a "gift" from one donor. A fundraising campaign will be utilized to raise the remaining funds.

I have no idea what Graham has up his sleeve regarding the football stadium. At this point, I am willing to wait and see. He seems pretty confident he can get it done.

Does seem to be a bit of a double-standard in the media and all this. CU get's crushed anytime there is any mention of spending on athletics.... CSU gets a free ride
DP would be throwing mortars at us if Cu tried to spend 5 mil of university funds on facilities.

The $1.5 Million is a potential "gift" from one donor that is so uncertain CSU already is planning on using more university funds. A fundraising campaign will be utilized to raise the remaining funds.

I have no idea what Graham has up his sleeve regarding the football stadium. At this point, I am willing to wait and see. He seems pretty confident he can get it done.
fify

I love that sheepnation is now moving past the new on campus stadium, because it's in the bank :rolling_eyes:, and talking about how they basically have a standing invitation to the Big 12. The delusions of granduer are astronomical over there. Sorry CC, but you can talk about putting lipstick on a pig, but it is still a pig. All the financial metrics point to CSU as a cellar dweller in the MW, which is itself crumbling as we speak.

I love that sheepnation is now moving past the new on campus stadium, because it's in the bank :rolling_eyes:, and talking about how they basically have a standing invitation to the Big 12. The delusions of granduer are astronomical over there. Sorry CC, but you can talk about putting lipstick on a pig, but it is still a pig. All the financial metrics point to CSU as a cellar dweller in the MW, which is itself crumbling as we speak.

I am well aware you are actively rooting against CSU to fail on all levels. So be it.

I remain hopeful that CSU is finally doing the things necessary to leverage its growing alumni base and location. At least the University is finally attempting to step up and do some things differently and setting goals. If making itself a potential player in Big 12 expansion is one of those goals, I will do all I can to support it.

I am well aware you are actively rooting against CSU to fail on all levels. So be it.

I remain hopeful that CSU is finally doing the things necessary to leverage its growing alumni base and location. At least the University is finally attempting to step up and do some things differently and setting goals. If making itself a potential player in Big 12 expansion is one of those goals, I will do all I can to support it.

You are absolutely right about me, although that is due to the blind hatred I have experienced constantly from CSU fans for all things CU, and I can't blame you for hoping for the best for your school. I just think that all this big talk from your Prez and AD are nothing more than that, and that it will eventually go away quietly while the impression the public has is that big things have been done.

A day after the AD comes out and states his initial "vision" for a $100 Million on-campus football stadium - CSU annoucned plans for Moby Arena to get an initial $4.5 Million dollar facelift with a total of $11 Million in renovations overall. Excellent developments going on right now.

http://www.collegian.com/index.php/article/2011/12/moby_arena_may_get_4.5_million_renovation_in_2012

So the talk goes from a new $100 million on-campus football stadium to a $4.5 million facelift of Moby? :lol:

Both are on the table.

I hope it happens for you. It would put a ton of welcomed pressure on CU boosters and administrators.

I do question, however, why CSU feels like it needs to spend like that to compete with Wyoming.

I hope it happens for you. It would put a ton of welcomed pressure on CU boosters and administrators.

I do question, however, why CSU feels like it needs to spend like that to compete with Wyoming.

They don't. They need to spend like this to compete with Colorado. That's who they are trying to catch.

I think this new AD is from Boulder. I can nearly guarantee you that he is sitting there, looking at what CU has, the progress it's made, the conference affiliation, etc. and is saying "why can't CSU have those things, too?" It's a good question. He sees what CU has done with an iconic on-campus stadium and a reasonably connected and passionate alumni base. He wants the same thing at CSU. It's a chicken and egg scenario, though. Does he get the fan/alumni support first, and then try to get a new stadium? Or does he get the new stadium in the hopes that it will lead to increased fan/alumni support? I think he figures he has to jump-start the process and get the facility improvements made first. My only issue with his approach is that he doesn't have anywhere near the money needed to get started on those projects. Typically, you have a capital campaign that raises upwards of 75% of the total before the campaign goes public. He's going public at the outset, which will probably lead to problems down the road. It's a big gamble.

They don't. They need to spend like this to compete with Colorado. That's who they are trying to catch.

I think this new AD is from Boulder. I can nearly guarantee you that he is sitting there, looking at what CU has, the progress it's made, the conference affiliation, etc. and is saying "why can't CSU have those things, too?" It's a good question. He sees what CU has done with an iconic on-campus stadium and a reasonably connected and passionate alumni base. He wants the same thing at CSU. It's a chicken and egg scenario, though. Does he get the fan/alumni support first, and then try to get a new stadium? Or does he get the new stadium in the hopes that it will lead to increased fan/alumni support? I think he figures he has to jump-start the process and get the facility improvements made first. My only issue with his approach is that he doesn't have anywhere near the money needed to get started on those projects. Typically, you have a capital campaign that raises upwards of 75% of the total before the campaign goes public. He's going public at the outset, which will probably lead to problems down the road. It's a big gamble.

The timing of the "annoucnment", if you can call it that really struck me as well. I totally agree with you in that I would hope CSU has a significant amount of money already raised for an on-campus stadium before going public. The conspiracy side of me wonders if something is going on in the background with either the Big 12 or the Big East to make these kind of announcments at this time. Supposedly Graham has a personal relationship with Chuck Neinas of the Big 12, but I don't think CSU is anywhere near ready to start thinking about inclusion in that conference. However, there are rumors circulating that the Big East might make a move to 16 instead of just 12. If that happens you have to think 3 additional teams would come from the West to finish out that division. Could a CSU be a part of those discussions? I could see that as a possibility.

CSU to the Big East would be a lateral move, well, it would have been a few years ago. Now it's probably a move they need to make to avoid total irrelevance.

CSU to the Big East would be a lateral move, well, it would have been a few years ago. Now it's probably a move they need to make to avoid total irrelevance.

I don't see the Big East as a great option, but if you could sit in a Western division with Boise, UNLV, New Mexico, CSU, AFA, SDSU, Houston, SMU it may not be a bad move. It would at least give those teams a place to put their olympic sports if they were football only invites and that would still be a strong basketball conference.

You are absolutely right about me, although that is due to the blind hatred I have experienced constantly from CSU fans for all things CU, and I can't blame you for hoping for the best for your school. I just think that all this big talk from your Prez and AD are nothing more than that, and that it will eventually go away quietly while the impression the public has is that big things have been done.

He's just trying to get the attention of another conference and then giving the best pitch of his life to get an invite.

I don't see the Big East as a great option, but if you could sit in a Western division with Boise, UNLV, New Mexico, CSU, AFA, SDSU, Houston, SMU it may not be a bad move. It would at least give those teams a place to put their olympic sports if they were football only invites and that would still be a strong basketball conference.

Last edited:

Like the BIG 12 will want csu.:lol:

How big is your new stadium going to be 20k? Cause you aren't going to ever fill a 50k or 70 k stadium.

Btw, reading your lame ramnation board and your csu fans who wanted barnett as coach was just too damn funny.

We always hear about your growing alumni, yet they can't ever support your program.

Has anyone actually confirmed that all this cash is actually happening? Ramnation is convinced it is

helmet4.jpg

Has anyone actually confirmed that all this cash is actually happening? Ramnation is convinced it is

helmet4.jpg

I would bet you my next paycheck that the funds have not yet been secured. There's no way a guy gets hired as AD and already has people lined up to fork out that kind of money inside of a week. It just doesn't work that way. It takes months, sometimes years, of cultivation to get that kind of donation. Any donors that were considering before with Kowalchuk are re-evaluating right now. Anybody who was pissed at the last regime is going to make sure that what is coming in after it isn't just as bad.

I would bet you my next paycheck that the funds have not yet been secured. There's no way a guy gets hired as AD and already has people lined up to fork out that kind of money inside of a week. It just doesn't work that way. It takes months, sometimes years, of cultivation to get that kind of donation. Any donors that were considering before with Kowalchuk are re-evaluating right now. Anybody who was pissed at the last regime is going to make sure that what is coming in after it isn't just as bad.

And I agree with your line of thinking. I'm leaning towards what someone said earlier -- posturing. csewe is beaming all these news-worthy reports and hoping (begging) that the b12 will miraculously find the right phone # in ft fun.

Really, there's nothing special about Hughes, Falcon and War Memorial Stadium—they were built more for functionality than design, the concourses are woefully out-dated, bathrooms are too few and the location is not ideal.
Hughes is over two miles away from campus, Falcon Stadium is tucked away on the grounds of the Air Force Academy, and while War Memorial is on-campus, it sits on UW's outskirts.
Folsom Field, however, is located in the heart of Boulder's campus, surrounded by dorms and new fancy classroom buildings. There are rows of tailgaters on campus, set up in parking lots surrounding the stadium, with portable TVs and grills, partying before and during the game. The atmosphere on campus, around and inside the stadium was electric—even though CU was 1-8, Folsom Field was packed with black and gold covered Buffs backers.
The long and short of it is, Folsom Field was far and away the best gameday experience and the stadium itself—with a top-notch atmosphere, rowdier fans and more food choices—is easily the top college venue in the region.
While it's a bit painful to realize, CSU should strive to be CU, at least when athletics are concerned.

Continue reading on Examiner.com CSU's on-campus stadium: A litany of reasons it's right for the Rams - Fort Collins Colorado State Rams | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/colorado-st...reasons-it-s-right-for-the-rams#ixzz1fxXvmCrC

So true.

"According to a source" at least. Not sure I buy that. Either way, CSU's new stadium IF they get it will be worse than Folsom... especially when we renovate it

I really hope this new stadium gets dropped right in the middle of the practice fields, next to the IPF and to a remodeled Moby. Students could literally roll out of bed, leave their dorms and head to a football game.

Back