What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

David Bahktiari

cbssports projects him as being taken in the 2nd round, for whatever this internet draft stuff is worth. But IMO if he goes anywhere in Round 4 or earlier, it was a good decision for him to go.

If he gets drafted, it will be the third straight year we have had an OL drafted. WTF?
Unfortunately you need more than 1 OL per year that can play. It gives me hope tho that with good recruiting/coaching them up that we can get talented OL here.

If he gets drafted, it will be the third straight year we have had an OL drafted. WTF?

Yeah, it's frustrating that we can still attract top talent, and yet we pair them with some of the worst football players on the face of the earth. A little more consistency would be nice.

Sort of like Jalil Brown and Jimmy Smith both starting for a defensive secondary that couldn't stop anybody. Go figure.

Ran a 5.01 40yd dash this morning.

Looks alright in the agility drills.

Another year under his belt would have helped him.

beating Landry Jones by.... .1

lolandry.gif

Yeah, it's frustrating that we can still attract top talent, and yet we pair them with some of the worst football coaches on the face of the earth. A little more consistency would be nice.

Sort of like Jalil Brown and Jimmy Smith both starting for a defensive secondary that couldn't stop anybody. Go figure.

fify

You would think that having any combination of at least two of the three (Miller, Nate, Bak) that you could figure out how to run an offense that could pick up 2 yards on 3rd and short. Our coaches couldn't.

Mel Kiper's latest mock draft doesn't have Bakhtiari going in the first 3 rounds

Last edited:
Didn't some draft expert tell him he was a 2nd rounder? Who was the expert? His mom? Whoa hoa!!!!

Mock drafts are pretty worthless past the first 15-20 picks imo, then it gets murky and teams fall in love with players. Then there's always the guys that Mel Kiper ranks as his 25th best player that is sitting around until the 7th round.

I selfishly wish Bahktiari would've stayed, but I think he made a good choice. Unless he's that guy waiting for his name to be called in the 7th round.

I realize mock drafts are an inexact science, but it just always seems like Mel Kiper is never even close.

And Kiper has a pretty bad track record. Not sure why he's considered an expert. I guess they need someone with a big mouth on ESPN.

It's entertainment, he has the big hair, the big mouth, and the big name. It isn't any different than when they had Beano Cook as their college football "expert." Even ignoring his yearly prediction of a national championship for Notre Dame you could have gotten rich betting against his predictions. Still people tuned in to see his quadruple chins bounce.

Mel Krapper started a long time ago with analysis and projections. With espin in its infancy, it was a perfect marriage. Now it's almost like espin just humors him. They display McShay like he's a sidekick, but I wonder if they actually trust Todd's predictions and analysis more than m/krapper.

Big Mel acts like he has so many "ins" with GM's and nfl admins/staffs ..... I have to wonder how many times they've fed him misinformation just to f with other teams.

Mel Krapper started a long time ago with analysis and projections. With espin in its infancy, it was a perfect marriage. Now it's almost like espin just humors him. They display McShay like he's a sidekick, but I wonder if they actually trust Todd's predictions and analysis more than m/krapper.

Big Mel acts like he has so many "ins" with GM's and nfl admins/staffs ..... I have to wonder how many times they've fed him misinformation just to f with other teams.
Still, Mel was the Colts' Gm's bitch when they drafted in '93 IIRC. I think it might have been Bill Polian who asked "Who the hell is Mel Kiper?". Still as good as that moment of sports TV was, Jim Everett slapping down Jim Rome was the best....

Back