What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

David Bakhtiari Declaring for NFL Draft

Doubly hope he works hard over the next few months and nails some huge combine numbers and gets the 2nd or 3rd round like he was told.

Why, if he gets drafted, he'll have more than enough money to come back and finish a degree.

It'll be more than a little weird when scouts have to skip over an entire year of game film to find quality highlights. But good luck.

Words of wisdom to Bak, college is awesome. Stay as long as you can.

Meh. Maybe he'll be successful in the league. But he should have been a better leader at CU. He wasn't. Bye.

"We practice real hard. I don't know why we don't win more" - D Bakhtiari

He had a better Sophomore campaign than Junior but he does have quick feet. I just don't think he will be able to handle NFL speed rushers or bull rushers at LT and I don't think he can run block enough to be a RT.

You're right, go for the money if that's all that matters.

If my dream job was offered to me when I was a Junior in college I would probably take it too. Doesn't only have to be about money. Kid could blow out his knee in his first game and never get this opportunity again so I don't blame him one bit for this. If his dream is within reach, go for it.

It's not like his leaving us going to cost CU a shot at the PAC 12 title and him getting drafted relatively high would be very good for CU.

To each their own, look at Will Sutton. You only get to enjoy college once so don't be in such a rush to get into the real world. But if he didn't enjoy being in school I can't blame him for leaving.

To each their own, look at Will Sutton. You only get to enjoy college once so don't be in such a rush to get into the real world. But if he didn't enjoy being in school I can't blame him for leaving.

That's just not true, college will always be there if he wants to go back, but the opportunity to take your dream job may only come around once. There are no guarantees in life.

If he truly goes in the 2nd or 3rd round I don't blame him for not wanting to stick around for a third coach. But from what I saw on the field this year, he'd be lucky to go in the 6th round.

Best of luck to Bak. I just hope his advice isn't coming from the staff that was just run out of town.

If he truly goes in the 2nd or 3rd round I don't blame him for not wanting to stick around for a third coach. But from what I saw on the field this year, he'd be lucky to go in the 6th round.

Best of luck to Bak. I just hope his advice isn't coming from the staff that was just run out of town.

It sounds to me like the decision was heavily based on discussions with Embree and Marshall. I sure hope they gave him good information. If he does end up going in 2nd or 3rd round that is great and fine by me, if he goes later? The advice from the former staff and the purpose behind that advice should be questioned.

It sounds to me like the decision was heavily based on discussions with Embree and Marshall. I sure hope they gave him good information. If he does end up going in 2nd or 3rd round that is great and fine by me, if he goes later? The advice from the former staff and the purpose behind that advice should be questioned.

Conspiracy theory? Yes I think you're onto something. Oh well, if Bak was going to be a Embree loving cancer in HCMM's locker room, I'm glad he's gone. I just want to move on.

It's not just Embree in his ear, he apparently took the NFL's draft evaluation and it told him 2nd or 3rd round pick (I have no idea how accurate those evaluations have been over the years, but they're there for a reason). He's also got a brother who has bounced around the league so I'm sure he has has no shortage of advice.

If he really believes he's a 2nd or 3rd round pick then this is a good decision IMO. He's not likely to play himself into a 1st round pick and he may not want to play his final year under a new coach running the pistol.

That's just not true, college will always be there if he wants to go back, but the opportunity to take your dream job may only come around once. There are no guarantees in life.

I think DB made the best choice for himself. But I think 14er meant the college experience as he now knows it, as part of the football team.

Anybody here think that Matt Barkeley would like a "do-over" on his decison to pass on last year's NFL draft?

He might have been the No. 3 guy, or at least in the Top 10 taken last year. Now, he'll be a late 1st or 2nd-day guy.........if he's lucky. Gotta strike when the iron's hot!

DB looks "soft" and he's not that big for the League; its a roll of the dice for him, but best of luck to him. He'll need it.

Anybody here think that Matt Barkeley would like a "do-over" on his decison to pass on last year's NFL draft?

He might have been the No. 3 guy, or at least in the Top 10 taken last year. Now, he'll be a late 1st or 2nd-day guy.........if he's lucky. Gotta strike when the iron's hot!

Or in this case, strike while the iron is room temperature.

Those evaluations are usually pretty accurate. If he were my kid and they told him 2nd ot 3rd round, I'd tell him to go for it. I'm bummed, as a CU fan, but he needs to do what is best for him.

Fans seem to think he did not play well but he did. He made all PAC 12 second team 2 years in a row meaning he was at least one of the top 10 Olinemen in the conference. Those teams are picked by the coaches in the conference. He must of stood out in the film for him to be noticed since there was not much noticeable about him. Fans on this board were pretty negative on Tyler Polumbus abilities also but he is still collecting a paycheck in the NFL.

If the projections are accurate with his talks with the NFL, then I revise my opinion from bad choice to good choice. I really hope he has great success.

Fans seem to think he did not play well but he did. He made all PAC 12 second team 2 years in a row meaning he was at least one of the top 10 Olinemen in the conference. Those teams are picked by the coaches in the conference. He must of stood out in the film for him to be noticed since there was not much noticeable about him. Fans on this board were pretty negative on Tyler Polumbus abilities also but he is still collecting a paycheck in the NFL.

I think fans here wanted him to step and be a leader, the kind of guy who will get in your face and challenge you to play at his level. Lord knows the OL needed someone to lead. He wasn't the guy for that despite his experience and talent.

I agree with Wizzer, though , he just looks a bit soft, not a lot of definiton in his physique. But his athleticism and skills gained from playing lacrosse helped him in footwork, which is critical to the OL.

Polumbus has one thing you can't coach: Monster size! Plus, he too is a decent athlete with good footwork and intelligence---Creek grad, ya know!

If he truly is a 2nd to 3rd round grade than I understand. I still think he goes to the combine and ends up with a 5th or 6th round grade.

I think fans here wanted him to step and be a leader, the kind of guy who will get in your face and challenge you to play at his level. Lord knows the OL needed someone to lead. He wasn't the guy for that despite his experience and talent.

I agree with Wizzer, though , he just looks a bit soft, not a lot of definiton in his physique. But his athleticism and skills gained from playing lacrosse helped him in footwork, which is critical to the OL.

Polumbus has one thing you can't coach: Monster size! Plus, he too is a decent athlete with good footwork and intelligence---Creek grad, ya know!
Snarky bull****. Kid did what he could in tough times. No surprise you're a creek grad.

Back