What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Davis Webb screwing us was the best thing that has happened to us

Webb made the smart decision but he should not have played games with us. That's what pisses most of us off. One upside is Cal beating our south rivals.

THIS!
Webb had already been beaten out at TTU, he was looking for a place he would be guaranteed the starting job.

CU looked like a good place for him. Sefo hurt, Gerhke terrible, and Montez a RS Fr who was lightly recruited and looked at as a development project.

Webb came up to CU for his spring break and watched Montez taking the reps, he then found out that Sefo would likely be coming back at close to 100%.

I don't think Webb had the stomach to deal with a situation that was less than a lock for him to start. Don't want to put him down because we really did want him but he showed a character that I don't think would have turned out to fit well with this particular bunch of players. I see a Sefo who is fully supportive of Montez as he gets healthy and a Montez who I think will be completely supportive of Sefo when the coaches decide that he is back. I don't think Webb would have fit that.
Meester Gunslinger wanted no part of Montez!
Everyone (but me---you can look it up!) on AB was so discouraged and down on Montez because of his 1-5 worm-burner start in the Spring Game, but DWeeb saw the practices and when the news came about Sefo, the deal was sealed..

Webb is a likely mid-round NFL draft pick, so he had to do what he thought he had to do for his one-year rental. So far, it is working out for him. That being said, I'm happy with the home-grown QBs that the Buffs have going on right now.
Most smart NFL teams will separate QB potential from system, but some NFL scouts are neanderthals and I wonder if those guys will "ding" Webb for how bad Goff has looked in the NFL after putting up better numbers in the Bear Raid last year.

Goff through 5 games last year (including away games at Washington and Texas) had 70.2% completion, 9.15 YPA, and a 3.75:1 TD:Int ratio.

Webb this season has 62.3% completion, 8.34 YPA, and a 3.667:1 TD:Int ratio.

The crazy thing is that Webb has almost 500 more yards because they've been throwing way more (Webb 257 attempts vs. 178 for Goff at this time last year).

Webb made the smart decision but he should not have played games with us. That's what pisses most of us off. One upside is Cal beating our south rivals.

He wasnt playing games. He was looking for a place to show his wares for one season. When the conversation started we looked pretty good to him and he looked good to us. When signing day arrived things had changed a bit. It's business at some point.

You guys are acting as if we were 0-5 and bitter. We, in fact, should be quite happy for all about how it turned out.

He wasnt playing games. He was looking for a place to show his wares for one season. When the conversation started we looked pretty good to him and he looked good to us. When signing day arrived things had changed a bit. It's business at some point.

You guys are acting as if we were 0-5 and bitter. We, in fact, should be quite happy for all about how it turned out.
I disagree to a point. When he began "dating" Cal, he continued to pledge his allegiance to us. It worked out great but it could've damaged us if the circumstances had been right. And I'm not bitter at all. Although I wouldn't mind meeting up with Cal and kicking their ass. I don't like Cal.

Anyone wonder if he saw all of the qb runs in the playbook and changed his mind? If I had past injuries and only one year to get drafted I would avoid that **** like the plague. Just a thought

I disagree to a point. When he began "dating" Cal, he continued to pledge his allegiance to us. It worked out great but it could've damaged us if the circumstances had been right. And I'm not bitter at all. Although I wouldn't mind meeting up with Cal and kicking their ass. I don't like Cal.

That's an uncommitted relationship until the papers are signed sealed and delivered. All is far in love and war. We're clearly fine without him in the end and he with us. Cal has more nerds than we do. Meh.

That's an uncommitted relationship until the papers are signed sealed and delivered. All is far in love and war. We're clearly fine without him in the end and he with us. Cal has more nerds than we do. Meh.

I don't have an issue with Webb changing his mind when it became apparent Sefo was going to be fully healed and ready to go for the season opener. He had to do what he had to do. But he should have just verbally decommitted long before he actually did, rather than go through all that pretense with MM saying "oh, yeah I talk to him every day on the phone and he assures me he'd definitely coming to CU". It is better that he ended up at Cal, because he can't beat us (since we don't play them) but he gives them the best shot at beating the other South teams that Cal does play.

He couldn't beat us this year if we did play. Webb's defense is bad. Utah **** the bed last week. They will lose more than they win from here.

I've kind of wondered about that. If Cal had been on our schedule this year, especially if the game were in Boulder, do you think Webb would have still flipped?

Webb flipped for 1 reason, he felt it would help his career. Seriously had no barrier to starting at Cal, in a prolific offense, in a system and under an OC he was familiar with. And they had less "unknowns" about their playmakers and offensive line. Throw in that Sefo was clearly the team leader and was on track to make it back, and it was going to potentially be an uncomfortable situation for him in Boulder. And he may not win the job. I can't say Webb is a better QB than Sefo. He needed to be heads and tails better than Sefo for the team to get behind him.

DBT has a good point, he should have been straighter with us earlier. He was disingenuous, so yes, he's a turd.

I'd rather have Sefo leading us into battle. And Montez sitting the bench while the two Seniors shared snaps would have been awful.

This worked out for both sides. But yes, he's still a turd for how he handled it

I think Webb is happy and doing well at Cal, Cal is happy with Webb and you all are happy without him so this worked out for everyone (despite the weird way we got here). Still pulling for the Buffs. Love seeing CU rise again. Good Luck this weekend.

Webb flipped for 1 reason, he felt it would help his career. Seriously had no barrier to starting at Cal, in a prolific offense, in a system and under an OC he was familiar with. And they had less "unknowns" about their playmakers and offensive line. Throw in that Sefo was clearly the team leader and was on track to make it back, and it was going to potentially be an uncomfortable situation for him in Boulder. And he may not win the job. I can't say Webb is a better QB than Sefo. He needed to be heads and tails better than Sefo for the team to get behind him.

DBT has a good point, he should have been straighter with us earlier. He was disingenuous, so yes, he's a turd.

I'd rather have Sefo leading us into battle. And Montez sitting the bench while the two Seniors shared snaps would have been awful.

This worked out for both sides. But yes, he's still a turd for how he handled it
A douche with a good reason for being so, is still a douche....

I was at the Spring Scrimmage last April with literally hundreds of people attending Folsom, when one knowledgeable fan informed me that it was just revealed that Webb was taking a visit to Cal. At that point, Sefo's status was still very much up in the air. Trying to keep it positive, I said, "Well, we still have Montez." It rang hollow at the time, but I meant it. The Buffs' QB situation has worked out fine, to the point where a difficult decision must be made. That being said, I don't root for the Webb guy.

I was at the Spring Scrimmage last April with literally hundreds of people attending Folsom, when one knowledgeable fan informed me that it was just revealed that Webb was taking a visit to Cal. At that point, Sefo's status was still very much up in the air. Trying to keep it positive, I said, "Well, we still have Montez." It rang hollow at the time, but I meant it. The Buffs' QB situation has worked out fine, to the point where a difficult decision must be made. That being said, I don't root for the Webb guy.

At that time, I thought we were totally ****ed. Then I saw Sefo running around and thought he'd be back for camp. Montez is light years ahead of where I thought he'd be right now.

At that time, I thought we were totally ****ed. Then I saw Sefo running around and thought he'd be back for camp. Montez is light years ahead of where I thought he'd be right now.

Agreed. The situation at Spring (with Webb gone) was if Sefo had to redshirt, and with that Apsey guy gone, the roster had no QB with any game snaps, just wasting a potentially good season where the rest of the roster was quite solid. As it turned out, CU has two different QBs who were named PAC12 offensive players of the week during the first quarter of this season. There is still a lot of season to go, but there is reason for some long-term optimism here...

Seriously I think this could really work out for them. It certainly couldn't be any worse.

SaFWorY.jpg

I hate to say it, but I'm pretty sure bigbang was on to Montez before just about anyone. Dude was ****ing obsessed with him from the start. Then again, he's done that for every 2nd or 3rd string QB.

Back