What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

DC Search Including & beyond the 1st 4 Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's also okay to for people to make instant reactions if they are underwhelmed by the choice. Beginning to remind me a lot of two years ago. Patience was preached and we ended up with freaking Neinas.
That brings back painful memories. I don't want to go there again. Hopefully, this hire is more like the Walters hire.

I like to fling names:

Kevin Steele, Alabama LB coach
Harlon Barnett, Michigan State LB coach
Mike Smith, former Falcons coach---only west coast is at SDSU (may be unlikely)
Bobby Hauck-west coast, CU ties
Jim Leavitt, SF LB coach
John Thompson-Texas State Def Coordinator, lots of experience
Nick Holt-WKU Def Coordinator, tons of wc experience including at Washington.

I like to fling names:

Kevin Steele, Alabama LB coach
Harlon Barnett, Michigan State LB coach
Mike Smith, former Falcons coach---only west coast is at SDSU (may be unlikely)
Bobby Hauck-west coast, CU ties
Jim Leavitt, SF LB coach
John Thompson-Texas State Def Coordinator, lots of experience
Nick Holt-WKU Def Coordinator, tons of wc experience including at Washington.
Thanks. Added them to the list on OP. Hope not too many others add so many names :)

FYI, there is some chatter on Twitter that Pendergast prefers an NFL position and that is why LSU cooled on him. Could explain why there is no news about us interviewing him. Of course it is Twitter so who knows.

My experience is that people are very "time" averse. We've been waiting for a hair over 2 weeks yet to most of us, it seems like an eternity.

My experience is that people are very "time" averse. We've been waiting for a hair over 2 weeks yet to most of us, it seems like an eternity.

I also think it's frustrating to see so much coaching movement all around the country, at all different levels of college ball, except for our 2 open positions. It's only been a little over 2 weeks, but a lot of other similar positions are being filled while we wait.

That, and there has just been no legitimate news regarding our open positions. All leads to a very antsy fan base.

Yeah, that's what I'd figure. Mac referred to coaching candidates possibly still coaching, so it could easily be someone on an NFL roster, as well as college. The problem, however, is if Seto is the target, they could be waiting until February. They would ultimately have to have some sort of under the table agreement. No way Mac waits until NSD (basically) to announce the new DC.

If MM wants Rocky Seto, couldn't we feasibly get this done the week after the NFL conference championship games?

We're CU. It's a justifiable panic. In addition to seeing the dominoes fall with us being left out (to date), we are all unsure if MikeMac/CU are able to attract high quality candidates. Plus, losing a candidate and recruit to Tech is certainly cause for concern. :)

Two weeks since a change at DC was publicly announced. Important distinction there.

Harlon Barnett is MSU's replacement for Pat Narduzzi. Mike Smith? Not likely. I'd put money on him winding up with the Broncos if Del Rio gets a head coaching gig. Steele I've heard might be the guy at LSU now.

Nick Holt - do want want - another failed DC from Washington. *cough*cough* Didn't work out so good with the last one we had *cough*cough* AND he was canned from UDub only 2 years ago!

Nick Holt - do want want - another failed DC from Washington. *cough*cough* Didn't work out so good with the last one we had *cough*cough* AND he was canned from UDub only 2 years ago!

Western Kentucky finished below us in scoring defense this season. I would actually almost LOL at a hire like Holt.

If MM wants Rocky Seto, couldn't we feasibly get this done the week after the NFL conference championship games?

Yes, the next time NFL assistants can interview for coaching vacancies is in 2 weeks, after the conference championship games (assuming their team doesn't lose this weekend). That would still be over a month, since Baer left, that MM would even have the chance to interview Seto. If it got down to that, MM better be damn sure Seto is his guy and that Seto would be accepting the position.

Harlon Barnett is MSU's replacement for Pat Narduzzi. Mike Smith? Not likely. I'd put money on him winding up with the Broncos if Del Rio gets a head coaching gig. Steele I've heard might be the guy at LSU now.

Good catch-did not know Barnett was hired---I think he will be solid there (although it will be difficult to top Narduzzi...). Agree on Smith...wishful thinking.

I heard Steele interviewed for LSU, but is he really the leader for it?

UAB head coach Bill Clark needs a job and did a decent job there in a difficult situation. He may get quite a few offers, though.

Nick Holt I would probably remove him, too...although he did fit the mold of the last hire.

Barnett was promoted to co-DC at Michigan State, in a situation where the Head Coach runs the defense... fwiw.

Good catch-did not know Barnett was hired---I think he will be solid there (although it will be difficult to top Narduzzi...). Agree on Smith...wishful thinking.

I heard Steele interviewed for LSU, but is he really the leader for it?

UAB head coach Bill Clark needs a job and did a decent job there in a difficult situation. He may get quite a few offers, though.

Nick Holt I would probably remove him, too...although he did fit the mold of the last hire.

Which would be a huge red flag if MacIntyre decided to go back to that well. We fired Baer for a reason.

I wish they would have listed the other "high profile" schools that were trying to get Durkin. I'm sure we were one of them, and I'm sure now that that domino has fallen, the rest will start to fall into place shortly.
:lol: LSU, Pitt and Utah St. should be making their moves shortly.

Georgia techs DC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a drainage ditch that runs parallel to Alameda Pkwy. It runs right next to my office. Just looked on Google Maps. It's called McIntyre Gulch.

DC Search Including & beyond the 1st 4 Candidates

John Neal of Oregon. Makes sense. That's why MacIntyre hasn't said anything yet and why David Gibbs name at CU wasn't mentioned in any articles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back