What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

DC Search Including & beyond the 1st 4 Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.
What impact might Leavitt and Tumpkin have on recruiting? Tumpkin it sounds like may have Texas ties, but Leavitt may have to coast on the reputation of being a NFL guy. Not sure they fit the bill as recruiting wizzes, but better to have guys that know the X's and O's

Really, really nice. Wow.

That's some big boy cred. I was reading his bio--I'd forgotten he'd been offered the HC position at both Alabama and Miami at one point.

Suck it Charlie!

Great record as a coach, especially for starting a program from nothing.

YearTeamOverallConferenceStandingBowl/playoffs
South Florida Bulls (NCAA Division I-AA Independent) (1997–2000)
1997South Florida5–6
1998South Florida8–3
1999South Florida7–4
2000South Florida7–4
South Florida Bulls (NCAA Division I-A Independent) (2001–2002)
2001South Florida8–3
2002South Florida9–2
South Florida Bulls (Conference USA) (2003–2004)
2003South Florida7–45–3T–3rd
2004South Florida4–73–5T–6th
South Florida Bulls (Big East Conference) (2005–2009)
2005South Florida6–64–3T–3rdL Meineke Car Care
2006South Florida9–44–3T–4thW Papajohns.com
2007South Florida9–44–3T–3rdL Sun
2008South Florida8–52–56thW St. Petersburg
2009South Florida8–53–4T–4thW International
South Florida:95–5725–26
Total:95–57

What impact might Leavitt and Tumpkin have on recruiting? Tumpkin it sounds like may have Texas ties, but Leavitt may have to coast on the reputation of being a NFL guy. Not sure they fit the bill as recruiting wizzes, but better to have guys that know the X's and O's

Big time FL connections from his days as USF head coach.

I can't see anyone thinking that Leavitt/Tumpkin isn't a huge upgrade over Baer/LaRussa unless they're related to Baer or LaRussa.

Dude coached in Florida for 12 years. Have to think he still has connections/contacts.

Awesome hire! Even before he was great at USF and the 49ers he and Stoops were co-coordinators under Snyder at K-State when they had the best defense in college football.

I can't see anyone thinking that Leavitt/Tumpkin isn't a huge upgrade over Baer/LaRussa unless they're related to Baer or LaRussa.

No joke. This is a game-changer in terms of experience and aptitude - and not saying that as a slight to Baer/LR. Great hires.

images

after reading Wikipedia. He is pretty impressing. Great records, been around some really good coaches and has been on the opposite sideline form the Buffs quite a few times. Looks like he will have huge in roads to Florida recruiting, spent his whole career there pretty much.

Really am impressed with this hire. Time to start winning Buffs.

Seems pretty sweet to me. Happy for the process to be coming to a close. As others have said, the radio silence achieved during the process is pretty amazing. Great job RG and MM!

WOW ! Well done MM and RG... amazing how they kept this so quiet... now we have something to talk about allllll summer.

I think we know even more why this was kept on the down low. Boulder hippies would have tried to stop it!

If this goes well and hcmm ends up in the SEC leavitt could be redeemed and be our next HC. I'd be ok with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back