1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DE Drew Hudgins Leaves Team?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by broncos1, Oct 17, 2008.

1. broncos1

broncos1 Member

Sorry if this has already been mentioned

"Hawkins said defensive end Drew Hudgins, injured in fall camp, will not return to the team. Hudgins, who missed 2007 with a ruptured Achilles’ tendon and suffered a torn ACL in August, will complete his degree and then move on, Hawkins said.

CU listed Hudgins as a junior in its 2008 media guide.

Hawkins said freshman quarterback Tyler Hansen is playing well in practice. There’s little chance CU would alter plans to redshirt him this late in the season, as Kansas did with Todd Reesing during his freshman year in 2006, and play him.

Asked by a reporter what would have to happen for the plans to change, Hawkins pointed to the reporter and said, “You’d be playing.”

http://www.timescall.com/sports-college/sportscollege-story.asp?ID=11345

2. Highflyer

Highflyer Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I think hangs it up is more accurate. Sounds like the back to back season ending injuries took away his desire to play football. Can't blame the kid. Tough breaks, but he's going to get a great degree.

3. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

Ruptured Achilles followed by an ACL? Damn. Those are two back-to-back ****ty injuries.

4. buffs04

buffs04 Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but this reads to me that Hawkins is unwilling to change QB's in any circumstances. I understand he was talking about Hansen here and not MB but that comment just doesn't sit very well with me...

5. 2HellNback

2HellNback Well-Known Member

JMO, but if they blew his redshirt at this point I would be kinda :pissed3:. I guess I just feel that with over half of the season over it would be a waste. JMO though.

6. jjbuffs13

jjbuffs13 Well-Known Member

This is the same thing as 06 when people wanted to burn Cody's redshirt to replace BJax. I understand we are not 1-6 at this point but if this move was going to take place, it needed to be during the Texas game, Kansas at the latest.

7. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

i agree and to do so with the OL in the shape its in does not help matters either.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2008
  8. BuffsRising

BuffsRising Well-Known Member

Shame that Hudgins never got to see the field here. Good to see that he knows when to let it go and move on though.

9. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

:iagree:

and once again... :iagree:

10. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Who is gunna be the QB next year? Do you want a total greenhorn or someone who's had some snaps at this level?

11. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

who the **** is this 4db idot? what a freaking dork!!!! he should be making comments on womens soccer with what he knows about college football.

here is my advice, 4db. go sit in the corner and hang your head in shame.

friggin loser. suck the big one 4db!!!!!