1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DE position, How do you think we looked this spring?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by buffsyko, Apr 28, 2009.

1. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Just wanted to get your opinions on the position and how shields and obi looked.

2. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

Either they were getting a really good push, or I'm concerned about Givens and Solder. Becuase the DL looked pretty solid on Sat rushing the passer.

3. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Interesting considering how much givens and solder are raved about by johnson.

4. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

This surprised me as well but most of the sacks were because of the LB's. Having only 3 scholly DE's is a problem. Especially with one being a tweener (Shields)

5. Highflyer

Highflyer Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Thin, that's how we looked.

Tony Paremba and Kevin Cooney were on the field plenty on Sat. Good Buffs, but not guys we want to see on the field come September. Kasa and West may be seeing the field quite a bit next year.

I do think we'll do a better job of getting pressure on the QB next year with the 3-4. Beatty is an absolute terror coming off the edge.

to add to that, it was encouraging to read that Nate Bonsu is up to 290 as of mid February. Getting Cunningham back, having him next to Goree and Herrod are three pretty decent guys to have absorbing block for the LBs next year.

6. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

It was definitely a bummer seeing Major and Cunningham standing side by side, with no pads on. I really want to see what Major can do.

7. Dunken

Dunken Member

I dont think we can depend on the DL to put pressure on the QB, but more so to free up the LB's to rush the QB......GO BUFFS!!!!!