What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Deaysean Rippy to transfer to CU

Based on what I could find on the 247 Pitt boards there is either a lot of sour grapes or Rippy is a Marcus Houston/Darrell Scott overrated player. With all of the players leaving Pitt, I remain hopeful that a new environment and a supportive staff can make him a contributor over time.

http://pitt.247sports.com/Board/59427/Not-listed-on-official-roster-Rippy-Mason-Buck-19910824/1
Not good if their hardcore fans don't think much of him. I'm hoping our staff can work with him and get him playing up to his potential.

Our coaches don't think much of the LB group on this team (thankfully).

Yeah, and I'm on board here. Embree didn't RS any as they were used on ST's. Guys like KT and Greer are Juniors already and we have a total of ZERO guys who are Sophomores and/or RedShirt Freshman. I get the idea these guys would like to have 3 or so per class. Rippy will have 3 to play 3 starting in 2014, which will likely be the same as Gillam and another incoming True Frosh.

Welcome aboard. Many wanted a true OLB for this class and Rippy fits that description.

Based on what I could find on the 247 Pitt boards there is either a lot of sour grapes or Rippy is a Marcus Houston/Darrell Scott overrated player. With all of the players leaving Pitt, I remain hopeful that a new environment and a supportive staff can make him a contributor over time.

http://pitt.247sports.com/Board/59427/Not-listed-on-official-roster-Rippy-Mason-Buck-19910824/1

Those fans were singing a different tune in the late spring when they thought Rippy had changed his mind & was coming back. Pretty much like we'd react in a similar case.

Dont' give a **** what Pitt fans are saying about him since he never played for Pitt. He redshirted his 1st year so how much more do they know about him than CU fans know given we followed his recruitment. Plus his cousin was a damn good LB especially before his injuries.

Welcome DR-I think this is a good pickup, just as important as a 4 star LB in this class. Maybe better b/c he has already redshirted and should be more mature and physically developed by the time he sees the field in 2014.

I believe his cousin Douglas is an advocate for getting Sean out of PA. Colorado is good for one thing and that's for getting some kids far from the influences of their buddies they grew up with. Focus on School/Football. In fact, we should make that a base selling point. It's currently a negative that we have to recruit from populations 500-1000 miles away. That works two ways..... If you are a Compton kid, 9 times out of 10, you will be better off NOT going to school in SoCal.

Really good pickup for us at OLB. I think that makes us set at LB for this class. It seems like we have a bunch of LB/DE guys in the last two classes.

Nice pick-up! Transfers have gone well for us recently, so I'm going to go ahead and hope for big things from Deaysean in the future.

I recall being so bummed when he chose Pitt after visiting us. This is a nice addition. His speed will be welcome in the LB corp.

I was getting disappointed we didn't pick up any transfers. Great pick-up imo. I think the redshirt year will do him wonders

My personal affinity for both transfers and Deaysean Rippy are well documented in the annals of allbuffs history, so this is good news. That being said is anyone concerned that taking Rippy violates the terms of King Embree's ultimatum? Do we really want a player who had the gall, the audacity, the arrogance, to go on visits to schools other the CU? And does coach Mac really want to cross a man with a rear-end large enough to crush his entire family?

Not good if their hardcore fans don't think much of him. I'm hoping our staff can work with him and get him playing up to his potential.

Once in a while a change of scenery (especially coming to Boulder) does wonders in bringing out the best in a player. As you said, hopefully the coaching staff can get him playing lights out FB.

Wasn't there some kind of academic issue with him out of high school? I seem to remember that JE wanted him to concentrate on his studies or something to that effect. He did something that got crossways with Embree and that's why he went to Pitt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Wasn't there some kind of academic issue with him out of high school? I seem to remember that JE wanted him to concentrate on his studies or something to that effect. He did something that got crossways with Embree and that's why he went to Pitt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
I believe that there was concern he wouldn't qualify and Embree thought he wasn't focused enough on that-others have also said Embree was annoyed he was taking visits to other schools. I read somewhere he had a pretty good SAT score for what it's worth.

I was a fan in his recruitment phase and disappointed when we pulled the scholarship despite the worries surrounding him. One thing about transfers, they typically have a chip on their shoulder and are willing to work their asses off to succeed.

I believe that there was concern he wouldn't qualify and Embree thought he wasn't focused enough on that-others have also said Embree was annoyed he was taking visits to other schools. I read somewhere he had a pretty good SAT score for what it's worth.

We must have been reading similar things re: that SAT score. Really neither here nor there at this point, but at the time, the academic concerns were not for nothing.

Seems like Rippy played at a very low level of classification for Pittsburgh area HS football. Those types of guys probably have a bigger learning curve.

Back