What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Decision Day #2 Thread

Cpaw-1 more question. How would you grade Jones as a gameday coach and coaching in general? Do you have any stories on recruiting? TIA

He has improved drastically over the past 3 years as a gameday coach. His first game against Fresno State he was out coached from the first whistle to the last, and we got spanked. He has improved since with making in game changes and personnel changes. My only beef is sometimes he is loyal to his players to a fault. He will stick with them even if benching them is the better option.
He has recruited extremely well for us, and many times you will hear a kid and his family state they picked UC because they "believed" what CBJ was telling them. We are in a very fertile recruiting area in Cincy, Ohio and PA, but we have a lot of competition when you think within a 5 hour radius we have Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Indiana, Purdue, Notre Dame, Pitt, UK, Louisville, Kent State and others. But he has brought us our best recruiting classes ever.

I just want to add that it is humorous that Cincy/Jones claim they are "Big East Champs" despite it being a 4 way shared title and they lost to 2 of those teams (Rutgers/Louisville). Carry on. Thanks cpaw

My only beef is sometimes he is loyal to his players to a fault. He will stick with them even if benching them is the better option.
Boy that sounds all too familiar :bang:
We are in a very fertile recruiting area in Cincy, Ohio and PA, but we have a lot of competition when you think within a 5 hour radius we have Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Indiana, Purdue, Notre Dame, Pitt, UK, Louisville, Kent State and others. But he has brought us our best recruiting classes ever.

I agree but am completely offended you left out my undergrad alma mater in that list (Miami Ohio) which is just up the road from Cinci!

I agree but am completely offended you left out my undergrad alma mater in that list (Miami Ohio) which is just up the road from Cinci!

Miami is another "Cradle of Coaches"!! Man, talk about a campus with some beautiful women!!!

I just want to add that it is humorous that Cincy/Jones claim they are "Big East Champs" despite it being a 4 way shared title and they lost to 2 of those teams (Rutgers/Louisville). Carry on. Thanks cpaw

OU is technically Big 12 champs this year (shared) even though they lost to KSU head-to-head.

Unfortunately, this is what happens when nobody goes undefeated and there isn't a conference championship game.

Miami is another "Cradle of Coaches"!! Man, talk about a campus with some beautiful women!!!
Funny you say that. My dad went to Miami and was pushing me to go there. I was a little rebel and didn´t want to go where he went. UNTIL he took me to the campus and I fell in love-not with the beauty of the campus but all the hotties.

But I digress.

BTW some commenter on DP said something funny. Suggested BJ is waiting for BK to leave Notre Dame so he can ride his coat tails again :rofl:

All the more reason why he should come to CU. He can prove he can rebuild a program on his own after several losing seasons. If he really is a competitive guy, hard to believe he wouldn`t want that challenge.

Butch is on the Cincy campus today meeting with the AD and then he's flying to Charlotte for another Belk Bowl presser.

I have seen photos of Nippert and I like how the area looks...hopefully Cincy will get up to 50k seats and that would be after we hire a very good coach...you know what I'm talking about?

Klatt is on the radio saying Bohn is going to get canned.
Bull sh*t. Isn´t that the same guy who railed against the administation and Bohn for firing Embree and not committing to the program.

Then yesterday he said BJ is coming to CU. Now he is saying Bohn is getting fired. Don´t buy it.

OU is technically Big 12 champs this year (shared) even though they lost to KSU head-to-head.

Unfortunately, this is what happens when nobody goes undefeated and there isn't a conference championship game.

I prefer it to the sh**show in the SEC. Georgia loses the championship game, gets the capital one bowl or whatever and FL slides into a bcs bowl. F that.

Butch is on the Cincy campus today meeting with the AD and then he's flying to Charlotte for another Belk Bowl presser.
I know it is possible that BJ has reached agreement with CU and is allowing him to coach the bowl, but I don´t think that is what is going on here.

I think he is staying at Cinci. I wonder if he has already informed Bohn he is staying and they don´t want to or don`t feel obligated to communicate it and are just moving on the next candidate.

P.S. if this is true (that he is heading to another presser today for the bowl) so much for him showing up to the CU-CSU game

Last edited:
Joel Klatt needs to stick to Broncos talk.

Joel Klatt needs to stick to doing play-by-play, which he's actually pretty good at. His local sports commentary carries all the professionalism of a 10-year old who just had his Nintendo taken away for a month.

I know it is possible that BJ has reached agreement with CU and is allowing him to coach the bowl, but I don´t think that is what is going on here.

I think he is staying at Cinci. I wonder if he has already informed Bohn he is staying and they don´t want to or don`t feel obligated to communicate it and are just moving on the next candidate.

P.S. if this is true (that he is heading to another presser today for the bowl) so much for him showing up to the CU-CSU game

He's supposed to return to Cincy this afternoon right after the Belk presser. Bohn wouldn't still want him if he was going to coach thru the bowl game, would he? We need someone here and on the recruiting trail ASAP.

BTW, here is the link to what I read:

Butch Jones, still weighing his options has he tries to decide whether he’ll coach at Colorado next year are remain at UC, was on the UC campus this morning meeting with athletic director Whit Bab****.

What that means is anybody’s guess. He’s expected to fly to Charlotte later this morning for a Belk Bowl press conference and then will return immediately to Cincinnati by late this afternoon.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/uc/2012/12/05/jones-meeting-with-bab****/

Joel Klatt needs to stick to doing play-by-play, which he's actually pretty good at. His local sports commentary carries all the professionalism of a 10-year old who just had his Nintendo taken away for a month.

I think he's mad he didn't get a Nintendo Wii U then.

The longer this stretches out, the more I think he has a handshake deal in place with CU.

He knows that he can't string us along and then say no, but if the answer is yes I'm sure we would be ok with him finalizing his UC duties for a few days before announcing publicly.

My best guess as to Butch's mindset:

Pro's for CU:
-Lots of money
-PAC12 is a much better conference
-New facilities announcement

Con's for CU:
-Brian Kelly didn't set the table for me
-CU sucked ass this year, going to be a risky project
-I'm from the midwest, do I want to leave for this job?

IMO, go get DeRuyter. I want someone who wants the job. I also like DeRuyter a lot and we need a defensive HC in a BAD WAY! I'll still accept Jones as coach, but I have a sour taste in my mouth to start. Wins cure all, so we'll see.

As far as recruiting goes, we really want the new coach and assistants on the road next week to line up some official visits for next weekend.

Back