What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Decision Day #2 Thread

People have zero patience. What difference does a few days make? Zero. The public has no idea what is going on. He could be waiting on other schools to make him a pitch. Who knows? There is no reason for him to rush other than to satisfy ADD urges of fans and media.

A few days makes a TON of difference at this time of year. You have to assemble staff, contact current recruits, evaluate players for your own recruiting purposes, press conferences, schmoozing. Recruiting has a dead period coming. There is not enough time in the day for what needs to be done.

People have zero patience. What difference does a few days make? Zero. The public has no idea what is going on. He could be waiting on other schools to make him a pitch. Who knows? There is no reason for him to rush other than to satisfy ADD urges of fans and media.
The recruiting "dead period" begins in a couple of weeks. The players are anxious and deserve an answer ASAP. They've been through a lot. Any Plan B coach needs to know ASAP. Stop being pompous.

Because his decision does not occur in a vacuum. If he ultimately does not come to CU, it adversely affects our search for the next head coach. Yes, even a couple days can make a difference here.

Because his decision does not occur in a vacuum. If he ultimately does not come to CU, it adversely affects our search for the next head coach. Yes, even a couple days can make a difference here.

Not just our decision but affects that of recruits, the coaches staff, other coaches we are talking with, the current players on Cinci and Buffs

A few days makes a TON of difference at this time of year. You have to assemble staff, contact current recruits, evaluate players for your own recruiting purposes, press conferences, schmoozing. Recruiting has a dead period coming. There is not enough time in the day for what needs to be done.

Baloney. A few days does not make a difference, especially when considering the magnitude of the decision. Get it right and don't rush. The stuff you are talking about is trivial by comparison. You can be very busy and be totally ineffective.
Coa

Baloney. A few days does not make a difference, especially when considering the magnitude of the decision. Get it right and don't rush. The stuff you are talking about is trivial by comparison. You can be very busy and be totally ineffective.
Coa

Not sure if serious, or just really stupid.

What do we think the odds are that we make an announcementd at the CU-CSU game tonight? I think it is still possible but if so I don´t think it is BJ.

Someone earlier in this thread suggested that maybe the delay is that BJ has rejected our offer but is waiting to announce until CU has lined up its new guy so we don´t have as much egg on our face. I think that is a good hypothesis.

I really wouldn´t be that shocked by an announcement and introduction of our new coach tonight. Who it is is another question.

Don't know Butch Jones or even know much about the guy. Based on the information I have seen in the last few days he seems like a quality guy all around.

A decision like this one is a tough one. If he isn't one of those coaching mercinaries who is willing to drop his current commitments at the drop of a hat for greener pastures (Mr. Nueheisel, Mr. Nueheisel, please pick up the white paging telephone) he is making a decision about leaving a place he has made commitments and about going to another place he is going to be making a commitment to. I want to know the decision right away just like everyone else but I'm willing to give him some space to get the right guy.

Heard something about he might wait till after the bowl to decide, **** that. He wants to coach in it fine, CU would need a decision first. Who knows, maybe they already have one. Time is not on our side here, CU needs that answer yesterday imho.

Coa

The whole point is that Bohn has not rushed the decision (been 10 days since the firing) and made a very public offer. It is not unreasonable for the guy to make a decision within a couple days after being offered, especially with it playing out so publicly. It has very little to do with impatience, a lot more to do with common sense.

Heard something about he might wait till after the bowl to decide, **** that. He wants to coach in it fine, CU would need a decision first. Who knows, maybe they already have one. Time is not on our side here, CU needs that answer yesterday imho.
No way anyone would wait around for that. Not even Bohn.

I think 48 hours is plenty fair to make a decision unless we are still tinkering with language in the proposed contract.

I could be totally off base here, but I am starting to get the impression that he's going to be our next coach. If he were going to stay, he would have said so by now. Plus, if he decides to stay, after stringing us along for two days, he's only hurting his chances at the next job. With the tenuous situation in the Big East, he'll want to move at some point. Don't make that any harder than it needs to be.

I'd much rather be in Arkansas shoes. No news, then BOOM, news. What did Arky do that CU isn't? Is our AD incompetent or is Jones not a man of his word? Either way, the waiting game blows.

What do we think the odds are that we make an announcementd at the CU-CSU game tonight? I think it is still possible but if so I don´t think it is BJ.

Someone earlier in this thread suggested that maybe the delay is that BJ has rejected our offer but is waiting to announce until CU has lined up its new guy so we don´t have as much egg on our face. I think that is a good hypothesis.

I really wouldn´t be that shocked by an announcement and introduction of our new coach tonight. Who it is is another question.

At this point I think that we have, at most, a 10 percent chance of getting Jones. I just don't see him going to CU if he is flying to Charlotte and there have been no team meetings scheduled. I think Bohn is currently finalizing the deal with the next guy, and we will have an announcement today. Possibly at the CU-CSU game.

I was thinking about whether I want a coach who can't make up his mind quickly in regards to something like this and then I thought... Could it be that Butch doesnt view this as a springboard job? Could he see the potential here and be looking at Colorado as a long term BCS head coaching gig with a seat at the table? Also, the fact that he is so attached to Cincinnati, I think he and his family will be that much more attached to Colorado and to the Buff football players. I really think he comes here after not hearing anything yesterday and I think he will be a long term solution, not just a springboard to some other coaching gig down the road.

if we are truly dumping 200m+ into the football program/facilities then seems like somebody can built it long-term here too...

Has he at all been mentioned for the Wisconsin job? Better job than CU right now and seems a better geographic fit for him.

Could he be holding out to see if he has a chance at that job before accepting the CU job?

I could be totally off base here, but I am starting to get the impression that he's going to be our next coach. If he were going to stay, he would have said so by now. Plus, if he decides to stay, after stringing us along for two days, he's only hurting his chances at the next job. With the tenuous situation in the Big East, he'll want to move at some point. Don't make that any harder than it needs to be.
I agree sack - this is where I am... I really think Bohn gave him permission to coach the bowl game, then come to Boulder. Is there anyone out there that can see if there is a Mrs. Jones looking into realtors in Boulder? I think he is playing the "I am a stand up guy" card or he would have said remove me from the list, I am staying in WKRP

I was thinking about whether I want a coach who can't make up his mind quickly in regards to something like this and then I thought... Could it be that Butch doesnt view this as a springboard job? Could he see the potential here and be looking at Colorado as a long term BCS head coaching gig with a seat at the table? Also, the fact that he is so attached to Cincinnati, I think he and his family will be that much more attached to Colorado and to the Buff football players. I really think he comes here after not hearing anything yesterday and I think he will be a long term solution, not just a springboard to some other coaching gig down the road.
CU a "springboard job?" **** that. We do not want this being viewed as a springboard job.

I agree sack - this is where I am... I really think Bohn gave him permission to coach the bowl game, then come to Boulder. Is there anyone out there that can see if there is a Mrs. Jones looking into realtors in Boulder? I think he is playing the "I am a stand up guy" card or he would have said remove me from the list, I am staying in WKRP

If that's the case, I hope he's at least informed the Cincy players (plus any coaches he isn't bringing to CU). They deserve to know.

Actually, having just said he should inform the players, I'm fairly certain he hasn't. Very likely something would be leaked if he had. I also think it's wishful thinking to hope that CU isn't a "springboard" job at this point. If Jones takes the job and is highly successful I would not at all be surprised to see him take a more high profile job. Embree would probably have stayed for life if things worked out, but I doubt the same applies to Jones.

CU a "springboard job?" **** that. We do not want this being viewed as a springboard job.

I'm sure Wisconsin fans fealt the same way. I could care less if Jones goes to the SEC or to an elite program after us. He would only be able to do so because he got our program headed in the right direction. It's a process. Beggers can't be choosers.

The Butch Jones situation has escalated to unseen levels of hype as if we were talking about Nick Saban or Les Miles thanks to the Twatters. There other coaches in this same tier. CBJ is not the end-all-be-all. He may be target #1 but if passes on CU it isn't the end of the world. Though Klatt would probably implode regardless. Serenity now!

I would tend to agree except that maybe the indecision is coming from the fact that Cincy is doing all they can to work out a new contract with him, along with possibly some facilities upgrades.

I think him being who he is, he wants to send his guys off right. I think he is CU's next coach and will be here a long time. Hell, even the Cincinnati fan here knew that he would be gone after next year no matter what.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Back