What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Deep Thougts

No I'm not. I've said we lost and lost because of ourselves.

You might be a little too myopic when you are trying convince people only losing by 8 to Hawaii is not as bad as it looks. If you would just concede there are concerns coming out of the game, your posts would come off as more reasonable. Instead, you are telling the entire board that losing to a team you repeatedly calling ****ty and that a loss to that team would actually shake your confidence is suddenly not that bad. You realize how weird this all is?

A lot of people (including me) are probably going overboard after the loss. But damn, you don't seem to be conceding anything.

The Hawaii game is in the past. It might as well be a million years ago. The past is irrelevant.
/tini

Only if you don't learn from it

Sounds like something an old guy would say. Kids on campus don't have time for that.

Quit living in the past, old timer. We gotta worry about the here and now and face towards the future. Time to move on.

You might be a little too myopic when you are trying convince people only losing by 8 to Hawaii is not as bad as it looks. If you would just concede there are concerns coming out of the game, your posts would come off as more reasonable. Instead, you are telling the entire board that losing to a team you repeatedly calling ****ty and that a loss to that team would actually shake your confidence is suddenly not that bad. You realize how weird this all is?

A lot of people (including me) are probably going overboard after the loss. But damn, you don't seem to be conceding anything.
I've said many times losing to Hawaii is ****ing awful and should have never happened.

I've also conceded that concerns are valid. I don't think you've actually been reading my posts. Unless saying I have real doubts about MM now doesn't count at all.

1. Until proven otherwise, I will assume Hawaii is this year's 2001 Fresno State
1.a. I will assume Wittek is this year's David Carr

2. Our loss was embarrassing, but was it equal, more, or less, than Stanford (challenge for the north), Arizona State (picked my many to win the south), Texas, WSU, or Kansas?

3. Some of our future opponents put up a gross number of points - specifically CSU. Can we keep up?

4. Sometimes SEC teams kick off at 11:00 pm eastern. That excuse sucks.

* I spent all day Saturday coaching and going to my daughter'so cheer. Ergo, I saw 0.00 college football.
1. I agree
2. I don't care about other teams upsets. Which is more embarrassing? All of them are. Only some of those teams have been really good. We are not. Doesn't make it less embarrassing.
3. That what you are supposed to do to teams you have better talent than. No I don't see us keeping up. Defense can win a game or too, but if its a track meet we lose.
4. These are athletes that train for this. There are no excuses about travel. Or time of kickoffs. If that was a legit excuse Hawaii would be undefeated every year at home.

I've said many times losing to Hawaii is ******* awful and should have never happened.

I've also conceded that concerns are valid. I don't think you've actually been reading my posts. Unless saying I have real doubts about MM now doesn't count at all.

You just never seem to say that and only that, so it gets lost in the other posts.

Sounds like something an old guy would say. Kids on campus don't have time for that.

Quit living in the past, old timer. We gotta worry about the here and now and face towards the future. Time to move on.
That's funny. Us old timers won a National championship and you youngsters havent had a winning season in ten years. It's always time to move forward, but if you don't learn from your mistakes you will repeat them. Hence 10 years of losing.

Why don't we see how we bounce back next week? We SUCKED on Thursday, but despite that, we lost by 8. We didn't lose that game because of what Hawaii did, but because what we did to ourselves. The penalties and turnovers weren't really because of what Hawaii did/was doing. For example, Irwin totally wiffed on his assignment on that punt block...and that was the position Frazier plays on punt team.

CSU played an awful team and you can't take away anything from that game one way or the other.

All signs of bad coaching and poor prep, the team is soft and the assistants won't coach.

You are delusional but we already knew that.

If you think this team is going to be fun to watch you are more than welcome to tune in or even go to a game.

When and if they hire some coaches and recruit some players, I'll watch again in the meantime I'll' be a fan from a distance.

You just never seem to say that and only that, so it gets lost in the other posts.
Well, I guess I'll just state it again.

Earlier in the year, I said if we don't go 4-0, or it might have been if we don't beat Hawaii, either way it involves Hawaii, I will have real concerns about this staff. The day after one of the first things I said was I have my concerns about the staff.

I expect us to beat UMass, we are a better team than they are from almost any angle you wish to look.

I also expected us to beat Hawaii and could have said the same thing. Yes with all our mistakes we beat ourselves, what makes anyone so sure we won't find a way to beat ourselves against UMass.

Right now we are a bad team. Our record over the past two years says we are a bad team and bad teams seem to figure out ways to lose, even when they shouldn't just like good teams figure out ways to win, even when they shouldn't.

If anyone wants me to start believing again give me some wins to back it up, until then we could play the UNC Bears and I wouldn't go into the game sure of the outcome.

I fully expect to beat UMASS comfortably next week, and I fully expect it not to make me feel any better about this team.

I more upset that so long into MM tenure that he has still not ironed out the penalties we take. We sometimes still look like MM just got here. Losing is to be expected for now but not playing with intensity or heart is not. That is what I am upset about in regards to the loss. We had no fire and just rolled over. That comes down to the staff 100 percent.

Why are we going to get mudholed? And please don't use their game yesterday as your evidence.
First off, you have to use their first game as evidence. Just as you have to use CU's first game as evidence. It speaks to who they are. CSU took care of business against a crappy opponent. They looked disciplined and effective. Just as they should. CU was the opposite. They were outplayed and out coached by a lesser team. CU is a very mediocre team and is coached by some very mediocre coaches. Interaction with the actual coaches tells me that. Watching them practice in the preseason tells me that. All of this leads me to the conclusion that they will have troubles against CSU. And for the record, I called game one as Hawaii 28 CU 24. Pretty damn close. And no, I don't want a prize. But, obviously I've seen/know things that make me follow head over heart.

We will see where this team goes now. MM is coaching for his job now and if he loses to CSU this year will get ugly for him and RG may be force to make a mid year change and if not then, by the end of the season because we will not win more than 2 games. That happens, it is just a matter of time. I hope we see improvement this week and we go on to beat CSU. If so, we will see where the season goes. If the team loses to CSU, all bets are off. He has two weeks to get this fixed and in a very big way.

MM is coaching for his job now and if he loses to CSU this year will get ugly for him and RG may be force to make a mid year change and if not then, by the end of the season because we will not win more than 2 games.

If that happens, he's gotta go the interim route. The team's lost, the fanbase is lost, it'd be damage control time. I don't care if Mac makes it past this year, but we can't lose to CSU again.

If CU loses to CSU then I imagine that the next week when I take my FIL to the game we will be watching CUs last win of 2015, and CUs last win under MM. Great guy or not I do not see RG letting MM survive a second year of 2 wins and 0-fer in conference play. If the D looks great maybe Levitt takes over.

I am not a fan of Lingren to be honest. You see how Stitt always did more with less at Mines, and then see in one off season what he has done at Montana....Lingren is doing less with more. Bear got out coached last year and Lingren is doing the same this year (and the last two).

If Montez takes steps forward Mac may have to play him or chance losing 2 mill a year to stick with Sefo. But then again, the OL is porous in pass blocking.

That's funny. Us old timers won a National championship and you youngsters havent had a winning season in ten years. It's always time to move forward, but if you don't learn from your mistakes you will repeat them. Hence 10 years of losing.

Reagan was president back then. Neither the Buffs nor the GOP are now what they were at that time. It's you old timers who let CU fall so far for so long. Quit running on the vapors of yesteryear as if they are some kind of badge of honor.

The new generation has learned to distance itself from you old farts who would rather reminisce instead of focus on beating UMASS. Flush and move on.

First off, you have to use their first game as evidence. Just as you have to use CU's first game as evidence. It speaks to who they are. CSU took care of business against a crappy opponent. They looked disciplined and effective. Just as they should. CU was the opposite. They were outplayed and out coached by a lesser team. CU is a very mediocre team and is coached by some very mediocre coaches. Interaction with the actual coaches tells me that. Watching them practice in the preseason tells me that. All of this leads me to the conclusion that they will have troubles against CSU. And for the record, I called game one as Hawaii 28 CU 24. Pretty damn close. And no, I don't want a prize. But, obviously I've seen/know things that make me follow head over heart.
You can't use the Savannah State game one way or the other. SSU is beyond crappy, they are dog **** thrown in a bad of puke. Georgia State beat them 83-9 last year, and that was only slightly the worst loss they had against D1 teams.

We'll know more about who CSU is after this weekend when they play Minnesota.

In the mean time, CU will use the next two weeks to get things ironed out and we'll see a different team vs UMass and CSU

CU is an afterthought. No one in the Denver area gives a **** about them. The Post has a long article on the upcoming CSU game. There is no mention of CU. The Rams are now the media darling around here. The Hawaii game is Mac's biggest failure since being here and probably in his career. He really, really blew it and I'm pretty sick of him. He had better turn things around right now. Not next year. NOW!

CU is an afterthought. No one in the Denver area gives a **** about them. The Post has a long article on the upcoming CSU game. There is no mention of CU. The Rams are now the media darling around here. The Hawaii game is Mac's biggest failure since being here and probably in his career. He really, really blew it and I'm pretty sick of him. He had better turn things around right now. Not next year. NOW!
As The wind blows, so blows DBT.

Reagan was president back then. Neither the Buffs nor the GOP are now what they were at that time. It's you old timers who let CU fall so far for so long. Quit running on the vapors of yesteryear as if they are some kind of badge of honor.

The new generation has learned to distance itself from you old farts who would rather reminisce instead of focus on beating UMASS. Flush and move on.

I like how you got a poop reference in there. Ill have to get check that other thread and compare...

You can't pretend a game in Massachusetts resembles the environment at Coors field, even if there were a majority of Buff fans there (which sounds unlikely but have no idea in fact).

I was at the game @UMass (Gillette Stadium) last year and I can definitely confirm that Buff fans outnumbered UMass fans there...it was probably in the neighborhood of 60/40 or 65/35 CU/UMass fans...

Back