What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Deep Thougts

Reagan was president back then. Neither the Buffs nor the GOP are now what they were at that time. It's you old timers who let CU fall so far for so long. Quit running on the vapors of yesteryear as if they are some kind of badge of honor.

The new generation has learned to distance itself from you old farts who would rather reminisce instead of focus on beating UMASS. Flush and move on.
Your a ****ing idiot. Winning a national championship is a badge of honor. But i guess you wouldnt know how that feels. I guess you haven't read any of my postings. I want a change a qb. I want a change at hc if we lose to csu. I want this team to get better and I want some kind of change to show we are trying to do something different.

it's sad, because CU seemed to be getting some good coverage from the local media leading up to the season opener. All that has since been thrown out the window.

Last edited:
You can't use the Savannah State game one way or the other. SSU is beyond crappy, they are dog **** thrown in a bad of puke. Georgia State beat them 83-9 last year, and that was only slightly the worst loss they had against D1 teams.

Yet something tells me that if the Buffs had played SSU they win something in the range of 41-21 and if CSU had played on the island, they win by about the margin we lost. Good teams with good coaches take care of business when they are supposed to. CSU is now doing that. We're not. CSU has also figured out the "secret" that the way to hire is to pull from proven assistants at big time programs. We continue to go down the path of hiring under the radar head coaches that have an a-typical successful season and trust it wasn't lightning in a bottle. Last year we had better talent than Hawaii, UMASS and CSU, but somehow struggled to take advantage of it. This year is tracking the same. That's coaching. I hope I'm wrong and they get things figured out, but I'm not hopeful and very worried.

I'll let you continue to look into that game too far. I bet they bounce back to earth this weekend and we bounce back.

Also, maybe hit the brakes on Bobo. He hasn't proven anything as a HC except he can beat a team everyone beats like a drumstick regardless of the school.

CU is an afterthought. No one in the Denver area gives a **** about them. The Post has a long article on the upcoming CSU game. There is no mention of CU. The Rams are now the media darling around here. The Hawaii game is Mac's biggest failure since being here and probably in his career. He really, really blew it and I'm pretty sick of him. He had better turn things around right now. Not next year. NOW!

As it should be. New Buildings and promises only get so much traction. The outcome on the field trumps all. You are not alone, most feel the same. Prepare to feel apathetic the rest of the season, it is the best coping mechanism.

I'll let you continue to look into that game too far. I bet they bounce back to earth this weekend and we bounce back.

Also, maybe hit the brakes on Bobo. He hasn't proven anything as a HC except he can beat a team everyone beats like a drumstick regardless of the school.

Maybe they do come back to earth, but I imagine Bobo will have his team ready to play. Something tells me that's going to be one hell of a game. And for the record, I'd give me left nut to have Jerry Kill as our head coach.

Maybe they do come back to earth, but I imagine Bobo will have his team ready to play. Something tells me that's going to be one hell of a game. And for the record, I'd give me left nut to have Jerry Kill as our head coach.
The Bobo love is getting out of hand. He's yet to show anything. Minnesota is going to wreck them.

Your a ******* idiot. Winning a national championship is a badge of honor. But i guess you wouldnt know how that feels. I guess you haven't read any of my postings. I want a change a qb. I want a change at hc if we lose to csu. I want this team to get better and I want some kind of change to show we are trying to do something different.

*you're

The problem with the adult diaper crowd is the lack of people skills. I stopped reading at ******

Kill is a very good coach, a legit P5 guy. Unfortunately his physical problems are too great of a risk to take on. They cannot find a way to stop the seizures. It is a sad situation for the guy and his family.

I'd give your left nut for Coach Kill, too.

Why would you imagine that? This is the first game in his life in which he's been a head coach. Not sure why he's getting the benefit of the doubt.

Yet something tells me that if the Buffs had played SSU they win something in the range of 41-21 and if CSU had played on the island, they win by about the margin we lost. Good teams with good coaches take care of business when they are supposed to. CSU is now doing that. We're not. CSU has also figured out the "secret" that the way to hire is to pull from proven assistants at big time programs. We continue to go down the path of hiring under the radar head coaches that have an a-typical successful season and trust it wasn't lightning in a bottle. Last year we had better talent than Hawaii, UMASS and CSU, but somehow struggled to take advantage of it. This year is tracking the same. That's coaching. I hope I'm wrong and they get things figured out, but I'm not hopeful and very worried.
As much as a disaster Hawkins was, he was no "under the radar" head coach. People seem to forget he was one of hottest coaches in his final year at Boise. To say otherwise falls into the selective memory category, big time. If we wouldn't have hired him another school would have snapped him up. Obviously, now we all know the outcome of his miserable tenure.

The Bobo love is getting out of hand. He's yet to show anything. Minnesota is going to wreck them.

You need to learn to give credit where it's due, youngster. Just because it's associated with CSU does not mean it automatically has to suck. Nobody is making Bobo out to be the next coming of Nick Saban, but he earned a solid reputation as a coordinator and so far has made sure his team did what it was supposed to do as a HC. We don't need them to suck for us to be good; in fact, the better they are, the better it is for us when we beat them.

*you're

The problem with the adult diaper crowd is the lack of people skills. I stopped reading at ******
Typical answer...people skills? Once you get out of your parents basement you will learn. You obviously have never been apart of winning anything ever that took dedication perseverance ...so take your participation ribbon and go home

You need to learn to give credit where it's due, youngster. Just because it's associated with CSU does not mean it automatically has to suck. Nobody is making Bobo out to be the next coming of Nick Saban, but he earned a solid reputation as a coordinator and so far has made sure his team did what it was supposed to do as a HC. We don't need them to suck for us to be good; in fact, the better they are, the better it is for us when we beat them.
Congrats for being prepared to beat a team some high school teams would beat. Let's wait until how they do against a real team next week.

I understand the raw emotion and anger. But at least those of you with a little self-reflection have to realize you are in an irrational state.

Your choices are to stick with MM and see if the football team improves this year(and chances are it will), or replace him at the end of the season and risk another 4 year rebuild. Either way you have to wait and see how the season goes.

So criticism is fine...but the talk of firing and the death of Colorado football is way premature.

H
Why would you imagine that? This is the first game in his life in which he's been a head coach. Not sure why he's getting the benefit of the doubt.
His team was ready and beat a team he should beat. We did not. He gets the benefit of the doubt till he blows it.

I understand the raw emotion and anger. But at least those of you with a little self-reflection have to realize you are in an irrational state.

Your choices are to stick with MM and see if the football team improves this year(and chances are it will), or replace him at the end of the season and risk another 4 year rebuild. Either way you have to wait and see how the season goes.

So criticism is fine...but the talk of firing and the death of Colorado football is way premature.

It would appear from your posts you pay lip service to the "criticism is fine" angle.

I agree with you except the part about risk. CU football has not yet started the rebuild, at least not on the field. There is no risk in firing MacIntyre after the season if he doesn't get this team winning in the Pac-12 this season. One win in 18 games is not the sign of progress is any shape or form.

Exactly. Say what you will about CSU, but they play with heart and do more with less. We need to follow their hiring formula with our next HC hire and target assistants at Big Boy programs.

Have you been saying this same line for the last 10 years?

Congrats for being prepared to beat a team some high school teams would beat. Let's wait until how they do against a real team next week.
We were not prepared. At least he is doing his job. Being prepared and having the talent to compete are different. They will be ready but may not have the talent...

We were not prepared. At least he is doing his job. Being prepared and having the talent to compete are different. They will be ready but may not have the talent...
How do you know they will be ready?

Typical answer...people skills? Once you get out of your parents basement you will learn. You obviously have never been apart of winning anything ever that took dedication perseverance ...so take your participation ribbon and go home

It's time for your meds, gramps. You and your old balls need to get a clue.

Tell me one more time how the 1990 national championship is relevant to the upcoming home opener against UMASS.

200_s.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
It's time for your meds, gramps. You and your old balls need to get a clue.

Tell me one more time how the 1990 national championship is relevant to the upcoming home opener against UMASS.
You dont get it. You ignorance and lack of knowledge of anything athletic related is unfixable. Keep up with the cheep shots. Xbox isn't a sport. Keep your self entitlement attitude. You have no skin in this game or team. That is obvious.

You dont get it. You ignorance and lack of knowledge of anything athletic related is unfixable. Keep up with the cheep shots. Xbox isn't a sport. Keep your self entitlement attitude. You have no skin in this game or team. That is obvious.

*your

May I ask to see your creditionals? I want to know what it's like to be a CU super fan.

Back