What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Deep Thougts

It would appear from your posts you pay lip service to the "criticism is fine" angle.
Criticism has it's many levels. For one, it can be rational and constructive, or it can be meaningless and with no helpful purpose.

Fistfights, Homosexuality, and Casa Bonita.
Welcome to CU football in the 21st century.
I'm tired about talking about how bad we are and what the season looks like. Wish we were talking about wins. At least it's a break from the same old ****.

It's not every day I get to insult a 90's era player. Awkward.

I'm relieved it's not my favorite player from that team, #93.

Who said anything about UMass?

Come to Sackygate for Nicholls State. I'm out of state for Zona.
Joel was a stud.

I'm tired about talking about how bad we are and what the season looks like. Wish we were talking about wins. At least it's a break from the same old ****.

in Russia this dashboard camera would be pointing in the other direction.

ibLYMAfvMc1M8.gif

Have you been saying this same line for the last 10 years?
As has been said a million times; the problems of the past ten years didn't have their root in bad coaching. Hawkins was a very coveted coach while at Boise State, he came here and sucked while Petersen became a great coach at Boise State. Petersen was even more coveted and finally left for for UW, where he could barely put a string of wins together with a defense full of NFL players. Now BSU has Harsin. They start this season ranked and just beat Petersen's UW team. How well do you think Petersen is going to do at UW? I'll bet he does just OK.

Hawkins probably could have been a successful coach at CU...given new facilities, more accommodating academic environment and leadership that was 100% behind championship caliber football. He got none of those things. MM will do fine given that we now have some of these things. If you want a shot at a better staff you will have to let the current one get us to a middle of the road power5 team.

As has been said a million times; the problems of the past ten years didn't have their root in bad coaching. Hawkins was a very coveted coach while at Boise State, he came here and sucked while Petersen became a great coach at Boise State. Petersen was even more coveted and finally left for for UW, where he could barely put a string of wins together with a defense full of NFL players. Now BSU has Harsin. They start this season ranked and just beat Petersen's UW team. How well do you think Petersen is going to do at UW? I'll bet he does just OK.

Hawkins probably could have been a successful coach at CU...given new facilities, more accommodating academic environment and leadership that was 100% behind championship caliber football. He got none of those things. MM will do fine given that we now have some of these things. If you want a shot at a better staff you will have to let the current one get us to a middle of the road power5 team.

Oof. You were starting to get some cred back and then you drop this bomb. Here's a new shovel, have fun with that new hole...

Criticism has it's many levels. For one, it can be rational and constructive, or it can be meaningless and with no helpful purpose.

Allbuffs is big on providing posts with a helpful purpose.

What does it mean to have credibility in a college football forum?

Why is credibility important?

We are fans. We are pissed off at the fact that our favorite college football team is mired in an historically long streak of sucktitude. In the history of CU football, we have never been this bad for this long. Ever. At some point, we stop trying to be constructive and just want to vent. Allbuffs is a pretty good place to vent so long as there aren't a bunch of sanctimonious asshats trying to tell us to calm down.

Why is credibility important?

We are fans. We are pissed off at the fact that our favorite college football team is mired in an historically long streak of sucktitude. In the history of CU football, we have never been this bad for this long. Ever. At some point, we stop trying to be constructive and just want to vent. Allbuffs is a pretty good place to vent so long as there aren't a bunch of sanctimonious asshats trying to tell us to calm down.
Calm down.

So Skiddy, a student athlete at CU in the early 90s, is baiting Buffs14 who claims to have been a football player in the early 90s, by calling him old.

Somehow--though he has been here longer than me--Buffs14 doesn't know that Skiddy is very successful in his line of work and that all fights on Allbuffs are resolved at Casa Bonita.

I was sorry to see this wind down before the sopapillas and honey.

First post since the game on Thursday...here's my take on what I witnessed.

-Team was not prepared properly for this game. I am hoping most of this is just due to the long flight, first game, and late start time, if not, this is on the coaches and it will be a long year.
- We lack leadership on the field, plain and simple. We had no juice out there and as soon as the punt was blocked, heads hung. Other than Lindsay on offense I did not see a single other player who looked excited to be out there. Defense was a little bit better in this respect and they seem to really have each other's backs out there.

Unit Grades
Sefo- D+ I noticed a chicken and egg thing happening with Sefo. At times the pass protection was completely non-existent, but even when it was there, Sefo takes far too long to go through his reads and get the ball out. This, in my opinion, is a result of Sefo being thrown in as a true freshman behind one of the worst o-lines in CFB. His first instinct now is to look at the defenders and pocket instead of going straight into his reads down the field. He is anticipating pressure that sometimes is not there. This leads to additional pressure on an already mediocre offensive line.

Sefo can not throw an accurate deep ball. This hurt us a lot. We got the run game going and attempted to setup some deep passes once the D started cheating up but the lack of faith in Sefo to hit the deep pass was evident by the lack of play action deep ball calls. The spots were there to take them, but we didn't.

Sefo's running was much improved and the highlight of the night for him. It will however lead to him getting hurt and I predict we see Apsay at some point because of an injury.

O-Line C-

D-Line C+

Secondary B
KC was shaky in the first half but recovered to have a decent second half. Chidobe Awuzie has the most heart on the defensive side of the ball and I love his game. He has the talent to possibly make it to play on Sundays, love his game. Moeller was as advertised, very solid. Thompson is a big hitter who plays intelligently from the Safety spot. Best unit to see the field for either team on Thursday night.

Special Teams D- Kinney was not ready to see live game action, this will hopefully be ironed out as he gains more live experience. Diego drilled the mid-range field goals but almost shanked an extra point, weird.

We have no punt return game as of now.

Lindsay should take every kick return and was excellent on Thursday. You could also tell that the coaches went up to Carr, the true freshman, and said, "Son, we need you to go out there and make a play that will change the game" when they inserted him in for the kickoff return. That was a lot of pressure on the kid and he nearly made a costly error.

Coaching D+ Team was unprepared, uninspired, and the clock management at the end of the game was atrocious, including the burned timeouts.

...Now, on to Umass.

Last edited:
I honest y cannot remember what a punt return looks like, assuming I have to imagine the players is dressed as a Buff.

So Skiddy, a student athlete at CU in the early 90s, is baiting Buffs14 who claims to have been a football player in the early 90s, by calling him old.

Somehow--though he has been here longer than me--Buffs14 doesn't know that Skiddy is very successful in his line of work and that all fights on Allbuffs are resolved at Casa Bonita.

I was sorry to see this wind down before the sopapillas and honey.
I have been around awhile but typically don't participate much. Don't know anyone on here, and I guess if you don't know me its tough to read sarcasm and joking.
The disappointing game on Thursday night has seemed to bring out the best in a few of us!

I honest y cannot remember what a punt return looks like, assuming I have to imagine the players is dressed as a Buff.
Punt returns nationwide don't mean much anymore. Much more important to get the ball back in your hands.

Punt returns nationwide don't mean much anymore. Much more important to get the ball back in your hands.
Agreed, between not fielding the punt, fair catches, and if you do get a return there is always a penalty. I miss the return being a threat.

Agreed, between not fielding the punt, fair catches, and if you do get a return there is always a penalty. I miss the return being a threat.
I remember the excitement of waiting for the punt to get to Ben Kelly, or Bloom. Now it's nerves just hoping for a successful fair catch at the best. One without a flag to push us back.

--------------------
Is your tongue planted firmly in cheek? A theme I continually heard and noticed during the Hawkins tenure was disorganization and a continual change in focus and roadmap.

My favorite thing about this thread is that it's entitled "Deep Thoughts" and most of the posts are about fighting and skull ****ing.

My favorite thing about this thread is that it's entitled "Deep Thoughts" and most of the posts are about fighting and skull ****ing.

Actually, it's entitled "deep thougts". I'm not sure what a "thougt" is, but I'm certain it must be deep.

Back