1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Defending the screen pass

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffnik, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I'd be in favor of it

2. lvbuff

lvbuff Well-Known Member

Pinkel's staff has the ability to change up the play calling DURING THE GAME based on what the other team is doing....Novel concept there. Its really too bad that CU's coaching staff hasn't learned that aspect of the game.

3. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Credit to Mizzou. Their defense shut down everything CU tried.

They created the template the rest of the B12 can use from here on out.

The offense will pick on Manhke. The defense will stop the rush and put the game in the hands of the Buff QB.

4. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Stewart actually had 91 yards on 18 carries. He wasn't exactly stuffed. In fact, he had a much better night than the Mizzou RBs that went 18 carries for 51 yards.

The problem is that the passing game couldn't get the ball downfield. I'm not sure if that was by design or because the OL just couldn't give them time, but it happened to both QBs.

Just looking at the box score and we actually had 5 drives that went inside the Mizzou 30. For most teams, most of those possessions end in points. We went 0-5. Two missed FGs, 2 ended on downs and 1 on an INT...

5. BuffaloChuck

BuffaloChuck Member

Ah, but with the expected 10-year extension to lead us into the Pac-10, I think this is on their list of things to do. #429 or something like that. Racing for The Top 400 soon!

"We love seeing CU Football come into the Pac-10," said Commissioner Larry Scott.