1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Defense and Rebounding

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by J-R-K, Feb 22, 2012.

1. J-R-K

J-R-K Well-Known Member

Amongst the Pac-12 teams CU is first in fewest PPG allowed (60.4), first in lowest opponents FG% (38.9), seconds in total rebounds (37.3), and first in rebounding margin (+5.5).

Defensive and rebounding capabilities can be difficult to predict by just looking at a team on paper so I think they are largely overlooked in the evaluation process, hence us having a better season then most people thought we would. This also explains how we can lose 75% of our scoring from last year but still be successfull. If only we could have parlayed these numbers from this year with the scoring from last year we would be a top-25 team. Props to Tad for producing a team that adheres to his emphasis on defense and rebounding rather then just using the phrase as "coach speak" for his weekly press conferences.

JRK1212 likes this.
  2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

To pat myself on the back, this is what I predicted in the preseason. That we'd be able to overcome a lot of what we lost in offensive efficiency and firepower by making major improvements in defense and rebounding for the 2nd year in Tad's system.

I certainly didn't see us at 18 wins with 4 to play, but that's due more to the weakness of the Pac-12. We're about what I though we'd be as a team, though. Tad's system translates to winning basketball.