1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Defensive minded proven HC plus Bob Stitt

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by buffaholic, Dec 7, 2012.

1. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

In reading up about Kliff Klingsbury (I love him as an OC -but a little hesitant as a HC), which brought me back to Dana Holgerson, Kevin Sumlin, the Air-Raid, etc.... I have come full circle.

I really like the idea of a proven Head Coach like McIntyre. A guy who knows how to run the program and a Defensive guy who will instill a tough mentality along with a good defense.

But he needs a bright young OC running these new fangled spread offenses. If Kliff K can do this damage following Holgerson at Houston, and now at aTm - I wonder about Stitt and his Hurry Up offense.

If he truly is this bright and this good. And he truly wants to stay in Colorado. Then it's a no brainer.

I know this has been posted before, but for those who've missed it, Vic Lombardi had a nice feature a bit ago here:
    [video]http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/10/15/school-of-mines-runs-hurry-up-offense-with-sign-language/[/video]

2. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

Sold! Go get them.

3. DexBuffsteen

DexBuffsteen Well-Known Member

I like MacIntyre & Stitt as well. When's the presser?

4. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

This is where I'm at as well. As I said in chat last night, I am irrationally intrigued by Stitt as the O.C. I would love for him to take our offense to a new place and have us as the picture of cutting-edge, innovative offense.

5. RalphieSpeaks

RalphieSpeaks Club Member Club Member

Not bad. Would still take Kingsbury and vet DC to help him out.

Thinking about ceiling here and I think Kliff's is very high and would establish us back in Texas.

Now I know this will never happen as CU probably doesn't feel it can risk it but at this point I think you have nothing to lose. Back in TX recruiting, an upcoming OC that coached Johnny Football. Good press.

6. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

I like Deruyter. He and Stitt would recruit the crap outta Colorado, and the hopefully Deruyter stint's in Texas and California would give him the necessary connections to set up a solid recruiting network in both states.

7. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

I like Stitt but don't quite get the hardons you guys have for him. Minimal experience at higher levels of coaching. I am OK if our new HC goes with him but I am certainly OK if he brings his current OC if he's good or some other OC.

I do agree the combo of defensive minded coach with a creative OC is maybe the best way to go, but there are probably dozens of candidates at least that could meet the creative OC description that are not named Stitt.

8. Pale Ale

Pale Ale Well-Known Member

I would be on board with this. It has been too long since we have seen anything resembling an offense here.

9. BuffAlum2007

BuffAlum2007 Well-Known Member

So?

Signed,
    Chip Kelly