What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Defensive minded proven HC plus Bob Stitt

buffaholic

Club Member
Club Member
In reading up about Kliff Klingsbury (I love him as an OC -but a little hesitant as a HC), which brought me back to Dana Holgerson, Kevin Sumlin, the Air-Raid, etc.... I have come full circle.

I really like the idea of a proven Head Coach like McIntyre. A guy who knows how to run the program and a Defensive guy who will instill a tough mentality along with a good defense.

But he needs a bright young OC running these new fangled spread offenses. If Kliff K can do this damage following Holgerson at Houston, and now at aTm - I wonder about Stitt and his Hurry Up offense.

If he truly is this bright and this good. And he truly wants to stay in Colorado. Then it's a no brainer.

I know this has been posted before, but for those who've missed it, Vic Lombardi had a nice feature a bit ago here:
[video]http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/10/15/school-of-mines-runs-hurry-up-offense-with-sign-language/[/video]

This is where I'm at as well. As I said in chat last night, I am irrationally intrigued by Stitt as the O.C. I would love for him to take our offense to a new place and have us as the picture of cutting-edge, innovative offense.

Not bad. Would still take Kingsbury and vet DC to help him out.

Thinking about ceiling here and I think Kliff's is very high and would establish us back in Texas.

Now I know this will never happen as CU probably doesn't feel it can risk it but at this point I think you have nothing to lose. Back in TX recruiting, an upcoming OC that coached Johnny Football. Good press.

I like Deruyter. He and Stitt would recruit the crap outta Colorado, and the hopefully Deruyter stint's in Texas and California would give him the necessary connections to set up a solid recruiting network in both states.

I like Stitt but don't quite get the hardons you guys have for him. Minimal experience at higher levels of coaching. I am OK if our new HC goes with him but I am certainly OK if he brings his current OC if he's good or some other OC.

I do agree the combo of defensive minded coach with a creative OC is maybe the best way to go, but there are probably dozens of candidates at least that could meet the creative OC description that are not named Stitt.

I would be on board with this. It has been too long since we have seen anything resembling an offense here.

Back