1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denver post article by Kiszla

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by 90sBuff, Dec 5, 2014.

1. 90sBuff

90sBuff Club Member Club Member

I saw the column from Kiszla today about CSU. Calling it a column or journalism would actually be too generous. The headline makes it seem that CSU needs to make a big hire. But as you could predict, the article manages to sneak in several attacks on CU, about our recruiting, our "snob" fans, etc. anyone surprised here?

I just was curious, does anyone know what the agenda is that this "journalist" has against the buffs? The constant attacks on CU make me wonder if there is just a personal agenda here. It makes no sense how exaggerated and nasty this writer is to our school and teams.

I do have to ask, when did this writer have a positive column about CU? They should be ashamed of this type of story.

I think we all see great progress with our facilities. We have become more of a basketball school with a great coach who has completely turned around our program. We have an athletic director that is making things happen. So where is the column that reflects that????

i do think it's sad that the local newspaper can't actually write pieces that are objective or even at least balanced. Any desire at all to get behind a school that is rebuilding??? They should have a higher standard at the Denver post. When I attended CU, they had a great journalism school and I'm sure still do! This type of work seems to me to not even rise to a respectable level you could call journalism.

When can we move beyond this immature, freshman type of journalism at the DP and get some actually insightful and interesting perspectives on college football in Colorado????

If the post cannot make a commitment to covering CU objectively and fairly, then we as buff fans should just simply get our news elsewhere.

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I saw the summary on Rivals earlier today.

This doesn't get a rise out of me any more.

It's a Kiszla column. Therefore it is going to be a sophomoric attempt to get a group of people pissed off in hopes they'll promote it with message board and twitter links. Yawn.

Would be nice if there was some basis behind him driving the suggestion to cancel the RMS game, but it was pointed out to me on the Rivals board that there was a November 1 drop date if there was going to be a change to next year's game. So no basis. Kiszla continues to get paid to write the equivalent of message board troll rants.

3. 14er

14er “Imitation is suicide.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Old news, just ignore the douche bag and you will never miss him.

4. SJBuff

SJBuff Club Member Club Member

****la is 100% douche bag. My dirty ass is too good for his column.

5. 90sBuff

90sBuff Club Member Club Member

Looks like my post here is just taking the bait. So best to just ignore it, like a terrible two year olds temper tantrum? Ignore it and pay no attention to it.

Just seems like we deserve a local paper that gets behind the teams. Buffzone does a good job, I think.

6. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

It isn't CU specific, he writes these about all the teams
    Sent from my Windows Phone

7. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Pretty much.

8. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

You didn't link, so it's fine. We have a "No linking Kiszla" policy on Allbuffs.

:smile2:

9. TimmyDUBs

TimmyDUBs Dirty haole Club Member

Please. Can we refer to Kizla as KumGuzzla from now on?

10. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

Or call him GumNut

11. patebuff

patebuff Downgraded to half a star Club Member

He doesn't deserve that name!

12. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

I'll gladly shove a gasoline soaked rag in his face though.

13. JPinCO

JPinCO VP of Quantified Self Club Member

****ing Gumnut

Attached Files:

14. ahoelsken

ahoelsken Well-Known Member

I don't read Kiszla. That said, two major critiques with the way the local media has covered this story. As discussed in other threads, MK is not the only member of the media who has managed to use a story that has very little to do with us as an excuse to take potshots at us. One other facet of this story I wanted to mention-As Jack Ram was the genius behind McElwain's "ironclad" buyout, he's gotten a large amount of airtime (heard him with Nate Kreckman last night and the Fan morning show today) this week. Of course he has an ax to grind, but can we talk about how delusional he is?

15. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

He actually writes pretty nice stuff about the basketball team. However, his main deal is to goad readers into getting angry so that they'll write letters thus validating his "column." When we start winning, he'll write complimentary stuff as if he never dissed us.

16. DrunkRalphie

DrunkRalphie Well-Known Member

Jiszla is the biggest troll in Denver. Ignore him. Don't read a word.

17. TimmyDUBs

TimmyDUBs Dirty haole Club Member

It's easy to bitch. Tougher to figure out solutions (outside of joining the MWC, haha.) His articles just aren't productive in any way.