1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denver Post Article this AM

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Ralphandler1, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Ralphandler1

Ralphandler1 Member

The Post has an article this morning about fundraising and the challenge AD George has in front of him. Link below but after reading that I am beginning to get a very good sense of why Mike Bohn was fired. He did an ok job connecting with fans and helped in many ways advance things like the bball program. But after reading the article it seems pretty clear that we were all hearing about this 170 million dollar project, but sounds like he had absolutely no concrete goals or plans for it. RG is now 3 months in and just now piecing together a plan to take to alumni? Why the hell didn't Bohn have that done a year ago? I thought that huge delay in announcing the facilities plan was to do exactly that. Anyway interesting read thought you all would enjoy it.

http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/...etic-director-rick-george-accepts-fundraising

2. Uncle Ken

Uncle Ken Orr no morr Club Member

WARNING: It's Henderson.

It's too late for me. I just wanted to make sure the rest of you make an informed decision before clicking.

3. Uncle Ken

Wait...what?

Oh. Okay, now I understand. You don't want to share the figure, but you know exactly what it is.

4. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

Where is ther were not in debt crowd to correct me...

5. Uncle Ken

Is this a fabricated crowd, or are these conversations you've actually had?

6. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Whenever someone doesn't want to disclose the figures it usually means they're pretty far behind in reaching the goal.

7. onealcd

onealcd Club Member Club Member

CSU fan on the comments is a complete retard.

8. Uncle Ken

Is he suggesting that CSU should be the flagship of the University of Colorado system? Even though they're part of a different system?

Jesus Christ, CSU.

9. onealcd

onealcd Club Member Club Member

I don't even know. He is stupid though. I shouldn't have even posted anything i just couldn't resist

10. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

In not going to go searching but there have been guys who challenged the notion that we were debt free in the AD when I made the assertion that we were not. Particularly around the time we made the PAC deal. You know who you are.

11. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

I would like to point out that the vast majority of AD's run their AD at a loss, only a few nationwide are profitable.

12. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

After watching the ****show that has been Phil Distefano for years, anyone that blames Mike Bohn for the problems at CU is out of touch. Bohn became the easy excuse for Phil. I guess the only good thing is Phil is out of other people to blame for his failings.

13. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Everyone keeps counting the Hawkins, Pac, and Embree buyouts just assuming we haven't paid any of that yet.

Anyways, 5 and 15 year plans. Nice

14. sliderNcider

No

[​IMG]

15. BuffClass90

BuffClass90 Banned BANNED

Wow. I wasn't sure about the decision, but it's obvious Bohn deserved to be fired. So does DiStef for that matter. There was obviously no sense of urgency on either of their parts.

16. BlackNGold

BlackNGold Club Member Club Member

Explain to me why Mike Bohn gets a pass on this. I blame Bohn a lot (and most know I have for a long time). I think you are the one that is out of touch.

17. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Yeah, not sure why both DiStefano and Bohn can't share blame.

18. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

ubl?

azbuff likes this.
  19. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

I'm in no way a Bohn supporter and I don't think he gets a pass, but I don't think he actually had any power while running the AD. I think all his orders came from Phil.

20. BlackNGold

BlackNGold Club Member Club Member

Phil has his faults but he is not a micro manager. Bohn's problem was he was too concerned about what everyone else thought instead of developing a vision and selling that vision to his superiors. The only reason that Phil and Benson got involved in the first place was because Bohn's lack of direction caused a vacuum.

People who want to get rid of Benson better be careful what they wish for, Benson was late to get involved but he knows the problem and can be a great asset in getting it fixed.

21. sliderNcider

The AD doesn't even answer to DiStefano. It was and is 95% Bohn's fault and 5% admin

22. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Yeah, Benson has a great fundraising track record and that could be huge for the facilities. He also donated $500K to the AD to be paid out in five payments over five years, so he's also putting his money where his mouth is, which is also a positive sign.

The Midget needs to go though, now.

23. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Ding. Ding. Ding. First time I met him I got that impression. He wanted to be all things to all people...classic political animal. I should have known when I shook his hand and noticed the other hand had his index finger in the air checking the prevailing winds.....

24. seattlebuff

seattlebuff Well-Known Member

This line is just depressing:

"I'd say there could be a whole lot more business clarity provided," said Nelson Miner, a former Buff Club president. "That's something still lacking. I believe that's because the previous administration had a lot fewer plans and real designs to work from. ... Anybody who's going to write a $1 million or a $50 million check wants to see more than a concept-on-a-napkin kind of thing."

How hard is it to put together a compelling presentation, even if most of it is blue-sky and speculative? By the time you actually break ground, those architectural plans will change anyway. When you're out looking of checks, you have to wow the audience, no matter what field you're in. Get the videos guys to do a sizzle reel! Get a social media campaign going! Get one of the programmer students to build an app. This stuff is Marketing 101.

25. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

Who are you refering to ? Mr Magoo ??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. Uncle Ken

Ketchup is for winners, Ted.

27. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Pretty obvious to me from the article that Mike was not connecting with the donors.

28. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

The guy was a blowhard dunce, no surprise that donors were unresponsive.

29. PAHIBuff

PAHIBuff Club Member Club Member

:rofl:

30. VABuff5

VABuff5 Member

What's wrong with the concept on a napkin thing? Southwest Airlines started that way.....maybe we should try the napkin??:rofl: