1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denver Post Editorial: Time to fire Mike Bohn

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Lt.Col.FrankSlade, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Today's Denver Post has an editorial calling for the firing of Mike Bohn. The editorial states that the "botching" of the Butch Jones hiring must be the "last straw."

The editorial goes on to suggest that Mike Bohn should be immediately fired, and a new athletic director should be hired to search for and hire the next head football coach.

http://www.denverpost.com/opinion/ci_22141191/editorial-last-straw-cus-mike-bohn

2. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Either I have the early edition or this is only on line. Who do they suggest would be the interim AD during the coaching search?

3. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Club Member Club Member

If you wanted to see this coaching search go even worse...then fire Mike Bohn at this time. What coach is going to come here when he doesn't even know who the AD will be? Yeah, nice plan.

RumblinBuff likes this.
  4. DBT

Just read it. Pretty flawed. They did not know about Tennessee at the writing. They probably don't know how the Embree hire was pushed over his head. I'm not a huge Bohn guy, but be careful what you wish for.

5. DBT

+1

6. antisaint

antisaint I LIKE CAKE! Club Member

No suggestions, just criticisms. Looks like a Joel Klatt hack piece.

7. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Yep. They'd be lucky to get a coach hired by February with this plan.

8. PA Buff Fan

PA Buff Fan Member

Is this what coach Mac spent his time doing last night since his radio show was cancelled

9. J.R. Ewing

J.R. Ewing Club Member Club Member

Firing Bohn now and starting step one of the AD search would be pretty stupid, even by CU standards.

10. DBT

They can make Solich interim AD, :lol: He needs a job, doesn't he?

11. CenturyBuff

CenturyBuff Member

So basically, they ran the headine that jones would be the coach, jones then declined, and theyre asshurt at cu and bohn

12. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Do we really want Phil DiStephano and Bruce Benson responsible for hiring a new AD amidst an ongoing coaching search?

The time for Mike's evaluation is when he has a new boss.

13. J.R. Ewing

J.R. Ewing Club Member Club Member

I was 100% behind this line of thinking this summer, but with our Sugar Daddy and his $$$ so heavily involved, I think the odds that a good replacement would be hired have substantially improved. Still don't favor hiring a new AD while BB and PDS are there though.

14. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

This. Sounds like they are trying to deflect their failure as a legitimate source of news (which was highly embarassing) onto Bohn. I especially love how they ignore the CU Football program year after year after year, but when they are all of the sudden involved with the shenanigans, then they want to take a strong stance for the "integrity" of the program.:rolling_eyes:

I'm not crazy about the guy, but as others have previously stated, he has a lot of positives going for him, and we are likely going to pull the trigger on huge facilities upgrades along with a new coach. I'm for giving Bohn this last hire.

15. Buffenuf

Buffenuf massive tool

That "editorial" and I use the term in its loosest sense, has the unmistakable malodor of food critic and full-time Fusker knob-polisher John Henderson.

I've read weaker editorials from the soon-to-be-defunct-for-good-reason Post, but not on sports issues.

16. Buffenuf

Buffenuf massive tool

Funny how they DIDN'T ignore the whole non-scandal during gb's tenure and made Lisa "I've got a bowl full of rubbers" Simpson, out to be a victim!

17. BuffAlum2007

BuffAlum2007 Well-Known Member

Somebody is trolling the Post...

Attached Files:

18. CUAviator

CUAviator Well-Known Member

Who is this Solich cat people keep talking about?

19. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

Houston-based Apache Corp. (NYSE; Nasdaq: APA) will bulk up its position in the Western Anadarko Basin with the acquisition of George Solich’s privately held Cordillera Energy Partners III LLC, in a $2.85-billion cash and stock deal.

http://www.oilandgasinvestor.com/Ac...rko-Base-Deal-George-Solichs-Cordillera_94940

He is the closest thing to a Sugar Daddy that CU athletics has.

20. DBT

Not sure if serious. Our multi billionaire primary donor.

21. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Club Member Club Member

forgot to change the font...

22. BinaryBuff

BinaryBuff mmmm...beer Club Member

I know that when I go to find an informed and unbiased opinion on CU and the direction that CU should take, I read the Denver Post and specifically the Denver Post's editorial section.

23. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Joel Klatt is buying the whole editorial gang Starbuck's lattes as we speak....

24. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

Which means he will have exceeded the financial committment that he has made to CU Athletics in once fell swoop.

25. JWP303

JWP303 Active Member

The Denver Post has a lot of balls calling for someone's job the day after they botched a huge scoop.

Not on board with any of this. I'm going to continue to eviscerate them on twitter.

26. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

Well he is quite the dick.

27. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

Anyone see this article about the sellout for the double header for CSU?
    http://www.buffzone.com/cu-news/ci_22141668/mens-basketball-cu-buffs-run-out-room-at

This is one of the big reasons Bohn is going nowhere. In the 2nd and probably 3rd most important sports for any university (MBB and WBB) Bohn has exceeded his peers in terms of where we were before and where we are now with fan support, quality product, quality coaches, and recent facilities improvements.

That is the model Bohn is working towards in Football. He has had some missteps for sure, but the failure of the FB program goes way beyond just Bohn's authority.

However he has managed to help rally the troops, get major donors engaged again, and is prepared to offer bank to bring in a good coaching staff and secure facilities upgrades.

If this next coach is a failure, it is all on him because he has been given more authority this time to make the right hire. If the coach he hires ends up sucking *** BOhn is likely gone. Let's give it 2 years and then decide.

28. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

I'd be a bit nervous that if Bohn was fired before facilities were rubber stamped & ground was broken that we may not see said improvements take place.

29. BuffClass90

BuffClass90 Banned BANNED

So the Post completely blows it and now they say Bohn has to go. HA!!! It is to laugh.

30. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

I tried to make a reasonable response, I expect to be downvoted into oblivion