1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denver Post: Embree, Bieniemy to receive 5 year contracts

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Jens1893, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

http://www.denverpost.com/cu/ci_16784106

Embree is getting paid less than HaLk was, Bieniemy is going to be paid roughly about what he was paid at the Vikings

2. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Sounds like Embree's contract is pretty incentive-laden. Interesting that Bieniemy got a 5 year deal. Some serious job security for him.

If Embree and Bieniemy got long term deals - I wonder if they bought out the remainder of Kiesau's contract.

3. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

don't need to do that yet. no K signed yet, just an agreement, so Keisau's K doesn't matter. Plus, this could just use the 3d available K. Who knows if we will immediately give the Dcoord the long term K.

4. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Isn't Kiesau's deal up after 2011? Is it possible that he doesn't count against that limit if he only has 1 year to go?

5. Darth Snow

I've thought about that actually. It is what I would argue :smile2:. Who knows.

Other idea I randomly had to get around this:

Give a 1 year contract, with a employee only option for a 1 year "new contract(Actually just an extension), but you can say that the new contract would not give that employee that extension option (or if, you want a 3 year deal, go from 2 options for extension to just one)..

Just an idea.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  6. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

I had thought that the state can only hire employees on a monthly contract basis? Other than the ones with the exception, that is.

7. Darth Snow

fine. then change the #s to reflect months...