What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Denver Post: Embree has accepted the job

^^^ At the time Bzdelik was not an underwhelming hire. You just proved yourself to be a dumb ****

If it is Embree and EB as OC as Mac is promising then this is actually pretty solid.

As for recruiting::dance::dance:!!!!!!

The hire is growing on me....initially when i heard early this a.m. was very deflated, but as I've learned more about Embree, I think he will be a great coach

Think there are a lot of misconceptions about the guy, many of which are being debunked or simply are just not true....the guy is fiery/passionate (just not at the ridiculous levels of EB), the guy can recruit and has done so for quite some time in the Colorado & Cali areas specifically, and the guy has many years coaching as nearly every positional coach for some particularly good coaches as well

No, what it proves is that you have low NCAA basketball standards. He was a career NBA guy who had one good year at AFA.

Give us a guess: how many D1 basketball players come out of Colorado in an average year?

Here's a hint - less than Sonny Cox had on an average King team.

Not sure where you are going, but you can't convince me now or then that Bzdelik was a great hire. Go ask Wake fans what they think.

Give us a guess: how many D1 basketball players come out of Colorado in an average year?

Here's a hint - less than Sonny Cox had on an average King team.

Not sure where you are going, but you can't convince me now or then that Bzdelik was a great hire. Go ask Wake fans what they think.

How many games have Wake fans had upon which to base their conclusions?

Bzdelik is a good coach and had Colorado headed in a better direction than they had seen since the fluke of having Chauncey come out of Denver.

Bzdelik is a good coach and had Colorado headed in a better direction than they had seen since the fluke of having Chauncey come out of Denver.

The record speaks volumes. Ricardo Patton was able to recruit to Colorado and win at Colorado. His teams, minus the final year, had the potential to compete in every game, even in down years, with players like Jaquay Walls and Kenny Price helped them upset top ranked teams. They reached twenty wins on three different occasions and have NEVER had the post issues that Bzdelik brought to Colorado, because he was able to recruit JUCO players like Ashby to fill in the gaps. On top of CB, he also recruited the number one player at his position in the country at center---David Harrison. Jeff Bzdelik has nothing on Ricardo Patton (while at Colorado), and his "direction" has Colorado in the poor position it is now after he ran off an entire recruiting class and totally neglected the post position. Patton had failures in his PR ability, his offensive strategery, and sometimes his ego, but Bzdelik was not the great coach for the program that you're making him out to be.

This is a football board, but that comment is a straight revisionist view of Colorado basketball, and the records show this.

Thread jack but can you guys imagine david harrison on this year's basketball squad?

The record speaks volumes. Ricardo Patton was able to recruit to Colorado and win at Colorado. QUOTE]

You're kidding, right?

Edit: Even if i fail with the Quote feature, I think my point is still valid.

Last edited:
He had seven more winning seasons at Colorado than did Jeff Bzdelik (zero), won twenty games in a season three different times, and got to the NCAA tournament twice (should have been three times). Was he the savior of Colorado basketball or even a good coach on a national level? No and probably not, but he did relatively well at CU and did manage to win basketball games.

get this baskeball **** outta the football thread, ****ers! No one gives a **** about that ****ty sport.

Not sure why you are defending Bzz and his 36-58 record. Might as well hang this ****ty season on him too because he didn't recruit any post players.

Back