What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Depth Chart for CSU

TE shouldn't make your comfortable. Same for LB, although not as bad as at least we have bodies there.

TE is a luxury in college football. I'm not going to get in a twist over it. While I wish we had one, an offense can work around weaknesses at TE. You don't even really need to have one if you don't want one. Defensive ends, OTOH, are kinda important.

As for LB, depth is a definite concern. I'm OK with the starters, though. I think that is a solid group. I don't want to think about what happens if Gillam gets hurt.

Surprised about Gonzalez. He absolutely boomed the kick offs in the scrimmage I saw. Must be something else there.

Glad chido was moved to safety with bell being out. Little worried though when we go to a nickel. I have no confidence at all with t. smith covering anyone. Let's just hope white is ready to go. Hope Witherspoon is back to healthy as well.

DE is way to scary. Not good.

Im starting to get confidence with our O, but not sure we can take anymore hits on defense.

We won't know until we see it with Crawley, but apparently he made a huge jump this fall. Physically and mentally. I guess it clicked and he really separated from the pack at CB.

Last year, the play that epitomized Crawley's play was that long pass from Mannion to Cooks early in the Ore. St. game: Crawley stayed right with Cooks and was in position to intercept that pass or at least break it up easily. Instead, Cooks went up, against little effort from Crawley and made a nice, but unmemorable catch.

All season, Crawley was usually right with his man, but just didn't make the effort to make a play-- a lot of which I attribute to being gun-shy and hesitant in learning the new system, after he was thrown out there with no real coaching, as a frosh by WB&CO.

He now appears to have overcome that shyness, he's comfortable in knowing the system and shows an ability to make those plays.

I really like Lindsay returning kickoffs. He's got the perfect mix of speed and toughness for that roll.

I really don't like that Severson is also back there.

Dude, Crawley made a lot of progress last season and continued to take big strides over the offseason. Step back from the ledge, my lord

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe my comment read a little more harsh than I intended. I certainly hope he has taken strides. I love the kids athleticism and think he can be good, but he struggled a lot last year.

Egg Stork?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't believe Nembot is only a junior. I feel like he has been on the team much longer.

TE is a luxury in college football. I'm not going to get in a twist over it. While I wish we had one, an offense can work around weaknesses at TE. You don't even really need to have one if you don't want one. Defensive ends, OTOH, are kinda important.

As for LB, depth is a definite concern. I'm OK with the starters, though. I think that is a solid group. I don't want to think about what happens if Gillam gets hurt.

Agree 100%. This is the difference between offense and defense. In offense, you can scheme away from personnel weakness. On defense, the opposition is scheming to expose your weakness.

Super worried about the front 7. DE was one of the places where we could afford an injury the least.

Maybe my comment read a little more harsh than I intended. I certainly hope he has taken strides. I love the kids athleticism and think he can be good, but he struggled a lot last year.

Egg Stork?

Probably better than Clay. Personality matches.

He is still getting a hang of the accuracy part of kicking.

You don't have to be all that accurate to Kick the ball into the endzone... I have watched too many Oliver kicks land at the 5 yard line while other teams pound it into the endzone. This is disappointing...

Egg Stork?

No question he had some bad games last year.

Helps to remember though that he spent a lot of time matched up against our opponents most explosive receivers since he was our most athletic DB by a good margin. I love Hendo but he is a zone cover guy, not a head up man defender so Crawley got put in a lot of tough cover situations.

I think he will be in those situations again this year, hope that he starts making more of his share of the plays when he is in them.

Question for AllBuffs:

Is the 'Tini-CUFan relationship best described as...

A. some weird Renaissance Festival thing?
B. a religious cult with CUFan as a deity?
C. disturbing forrest Gump to lieutenant whatchamacallie action we'd rather not know about?

fify

Two things stand out in addition to those mentioned above:

1) Neither true freshman TE is listed on the depth chart. I'm wondering if that will change over the course of the season. It would still be very surprising for both Keeney and Jones to end up redshirting.

2) Lisella listed ahead of Kronshage at OT. Granted both are a ways down the substitution list and I'm guessing they'll try to preserve Lisella's redshirt but it's interesting as a lot of people found Lisella to be a questionable signing.

Lisella and Kough have been proving Max wrong all fall camp as they were his favorite whipping boys when they got scholies and his guy(s) didn't. Lisella has a long way to go as he is learning to pass block, but he's got all the tools and projects pretty solid with another year in the S&C program and continuing to learn.

Kids can add good weight, but it's hard to learn athleticism, agility, coordination, smarts......

Last edited:
I really like Lindsay returning kickoffs. He's got the perfect mix of speed and toughness for that roll.

I really don't like that Severson is also back there.
Agreed. Would like to see a more dynamic return team...Seversen and Spruce? How about Lindsay and Fields?

Kinda surprised about the kicking role, kickoffs anyway. I wouldn't trip about Callahan, he'll play at some point. Everything else is pretty much as expected. Solis not starting is what it is, again, I think we rotate a lot on the lines. Idk whether that's good or bad, ask flabuff, he would know.

Agreed. Would like to see a more dynamic return team...Seversen and Spruce? How about Lindsay and Fields?

Lot of teams go with the up returner and the back guy. Usually the up is a bit more in the fullback roll, and the back guy is the athlete. Very rarely do you see two explosion guys back there, they want one guy who can block. Severson is sure handed, and will run forward if he gets it.

Lot of teams go with the up returner and the back guy. Usually the up is a bit more in the fullback roll, and the back guy is the athlete. Very rarely do you see two explosion guys back there, they want one guy who can block. Severson is sure handed, and will run forward if he gets it.
I was thinking Lindsay on KR and Fields on PR.

Definitely agree with Fields on PR. If that guy has speed to burn and we have great depth at WR, color me perplexed (I remember the talks about having PRich returning kicks and we were all freaked out by lack of WR depth if he got hurt).

Back