What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Depth Chart

Is that because he is just overall better right now or is it because Dorman is behind in maturity? I remember when Koy came out of HS he was a slow developer physically. He never got big and thick but coming out of HS he was really skinny and small. I wonder if Dorman has a growth spurt left in him that will move him ahead.
Dorman looks smaller and weaker right now. Will that change? Who knows. but usually things like height are pretty settled by 18 with maybe an inch or two to change. And considering his family, it is unlikely he ever gets all that big. So physically, Schrock looks to have a higher ceiling. But a lot of being a college QB is mental, and in that regard I have no idea, although it seems the coaches feel that schrock is picking it up faster.

Stevie Dorman is 6'4" about 215-220 pounds . If memory serves me well, the same people that were writing Hirschman off before the start of spring ball, are now silent. Let the boy develop learn the playbook , he is a freshman, too premature to write any freshmen off. And that is no homerism, that is common sense.

Stevie Dorman is 6'4" about 215-220 pounds . If memory serves me well, the same people that were writing Hirschman off before the start of spring ball, are now silent. Let the boy develop learn the playbook , he is a freshman, too premature to write any freshmen off. And that is no homerism, that is common sense.

Great point, lot of difference between an 18 year old just out of HS and a 22 year old Jr who has had training table and weight work.

If it comes down to Scrock or Dorman we are in deep trouble either way. I would think that Dorman has a much higher ceiling so if it came down to who loses a year of eligibility it is a no brainer, Dorman sits, probably even if it means playing Burnette even if he is behind Dorman.

I can't see Embree pulling a Hawk and blowing a year of eligibility for a guy to play one or two snaps.

If Orms is healthy I can't see how you can keep him off the field. He is a guy who makes plays and is a leader and pure effort guy. I can see him being a starter but also getting subbed for in certain situations where his size is a liability like obvious run situations.

Dorman absolutely redshirts - from what I can tell he's probably battling Burnette for the #4 job right now and I'm not so sure Gray wouldn't play ahead of him as well.

He's only a true freshman and may develop into BCS caliber starting QB, but he is no where close right now - he needs some time. Also, not to pile on the kid, but from what I saw in practice dude has a bit of a spare tire that I'd like to see him shed. He has a punter's body right now.

If both Hansen and Hirschman go down, I'd expect to see Gray playing quarterback for us this year rather than burning a redshirt.

Gray can at least do some things to put pressure on a defense and he's played enough quarterback that as a 5th year senior I'd trust him not to make mistakes that beat us.

I wouldn't write off Dorman by any means, but here's a little first hand observation.

Dorman is not well conditioned. Surprising.
Dorman is not as polished as I'd expect, another big surprise given his bloodline.
Dorman doesn't have a real strong arm at this point, but does seem to have real nice touch.

Schrock is bigger, stronger, and very confident from the get go.

Was standing off the field at the end of practice the other day when a couple older ex-Buffs came off the field and said to a CU official the following:

Is 14 Tom's nephew? Yeah? He looks real good. Going to be a good one....

No idea who they were or who Tom is.

Today I read that his grandfather is Embree's agent.

Anyone got this figured out?

I wouldn't write off Dorman by any means, but here's a little first hand observation.

Dorman is not well conditioned. Surprising.
Dorman is not as polished as I'd expect, another big surprise given his bloodline.
Dorman doesn't have a real strong arm at this point, but does seem to have real nice touch.

Schrock is bigger, stronger, and very confident from the get go.

Was standing off the field at the end of practice the other day when a couple older ex-Buffs came off the field and said to a CU official the following:

Is 14 Tom's nephew? Yeah? He looks real good. Going to be a good one....

No idea who they were or who Tom is.

Today I read that his grandfather is Embree's agent.

Anyone got this figured out?

Yeah, he's a Boulder-based agent. When Embo was coaching the Chiefs, he went with his agent as a friend to see his grandson play a couple times or something. So he knew Schrock for a while and gave him a walk-on opportunity.

He's listed at 6-3 210. He looks 190 to me. And I have never written hirch off and I'm not writing dorman off. I'm just saying it looks like schrock is the better athlete with the higher upside. If Dorman has already grown into his body to the degree his weight suggests, I don't see that as a good sign based on the (admittedly small) sample size.

If both Hansen and Hirschman go down, I'd expect to see Gray playing quarterback for us this year rather than burning a redshirt.

Gray can at least do some things to put pressure on a defense and he's played enough quarterback that as a 5th year senior I'd trust him not to make mistakes that beat us.

Burnette does not like this post.

Burnette does not like this post.

Burnette should be happy to get a couple of years of free school at this point.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Burnette get a few downs ahead of Gray in a situation where they are trying to run some plays without burning somebodys RS and don't want or can't have one of the first couple of guys out there. That said I would be shocked if he did anything but turn around and hand the ball of a couple of times to run out the game or until one of the first two comes back in.

Loving the the depth of the discussion on this thread. Any young guys standing out on the lines? What is the deal with Kasa? Does he have any pash rush moves yet or is he just going to be a run stuffer type DE. I was surprised to see him 2nd on the depth chart. Also, are we going to run on a lot of lineman in and out of the game where we can expect to see the 2nd team have some statistical relevance. (Think NY Giants).

Dorman absolutely redshirts - from what I can tell he's probably battling Burnette for the #4 job right now and I'm not so sure Gray wouldn't play ahead of him as well.

He's only a true freshman and may develop into BCS caliber starting QB, but he is no where close right now - he needs some time. Also, not to pile on the kid, but from what I saw in practice dude has a bit of a spare tire that I'd like to see him shed. He has a punter's body right now.

Gino Torretta says, "Shut up, man...I'm Gino ****ing Torretta!"

1992-gino-torretta.jpg

The start of spring ball? I was out for the spring game, and Hirschman didn't show much at the end of spring ball. I understand he's improved, but with no game experience, if Hansen goes down early, we're in serious trouble.

Back