What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Derrick White (h/t Ryan Koeningsberg)

Huge leap from D2 to Pac-12. I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just saying that it's a lot harder to score on the Gary Payton Jr's of the world than it is on the guys at Metro State.

No doubt. But the rim is the same diameter. Just gimme 15 points a game. He had over 40 in some games. Anyone who wants to, and can, shoot the ball is worth a try.

"Interesting" is one word to use...

Yes. Probably the biggest upside of the 4.

While I agree that it's sour grapes, he does bring up a good point. There's a chance that White fails in Boulder. That's a huge leap.

Yeah, I don't know how Boyle would do it but it would be nice to bring in another guard as insurance (hopefully experienced) to sure up the backcourt mishaps from this year.

I think there's something in the NCAA rules that allows a player to move up if it's in the same system. Like CU-Colorado Springs to CU-Boulder or CSU-Pueblo to CSU-Fort Collins.

I think there's something in the NCAA rules that allows a player to move up if it's in the same system. Like CU-Colorado Springs to CU-Boulder or CSU-Pueblo to CSU-Fort Collins.

Nope, Drake Beranek had to sit out transferring from Nebraska-Kearney to Nebraska. There's no way Derrick White isn't sitting out a year from what I can tell.

I'm not going to get crazy about another guard..... We recruit guards like light beer. We need size.... That can actually play defense and offense! Josh is in his last year and Wes and Tory aren't ready for primetime! We not been recruiting since Abatemarco left..... We need to focus on our front court and get ready to compete in the PAC 12! Boyle is a good guy and has done wonders for our program, but the next 3-4 years look lean! In fact.... Our talent is thin!

I'm not going to get crazy about another guard..... We recruit guards like light beer. We need size.... That can actually play defense and offense! Josh is in his last year and Wes and Tory aren't ready for primetime! We not been recruiting since Abatemarco left..... We need to focus on our front court and get ready to compete in the PAC 12! Boyle is a good guy and has done wonders for our program, but the next 3-4 years look lean! In fact.... Our talent is thin!

^^That! Dead on

Guards rule college basketball and anyone who watched the Buffs this year knows that was our biggest problem.

I'd argue we had not recruited well before Abatemarco left. Some classes looked better at the time, no?

Nope, Drake Beranek had to sit out transferring from Nebraska-Kearney to Nebraska. There's no way Derrick White isn't sitting out a year from what I can tell.

If he is an early grad he would be able to play right away.

Who knows when dealing with the NCAA.

While I agree that it's sour grapes, he does bring up a good point. There's a chance that White fails in Boulder. That's a huge leap.

The coach should be reveling in the kid's success.

Transfer and fail is a whole lot better than a lifetime of "What if?"

At worst, he can make a nice living in Europe, ala Levi Knutson : House, car, $300K+ and the chance to see the Continent, with a Chris Copeland dream the whole time! Don't think he sniffs that at D2.

Guards rule college basketball and anyone who watched the Buffs this year knows that was our biggest problem.
Didn't seem like that to me when Scott was out! Gordon doesn't shoot and seems lost. Thomas is gone and Miller seems lost. You have to win in the paint to have a chance. We don't have the talent in the front court! We are known as being soft!

Didn't seem like that to me when Scott was out! Gordon doesn't shoot and seems lost. Thomas is gone and Miller seems lost. You have to win in the paint to have a chance. We don't have the talent in the front court! We are known as being soft!
If you don't think guard play was our issue this year then I do not know what to tell you other than you're wrong

Ahhhh! TEH Stoopid is strong with this one.

I'm not saying that the front court play was the best in the nation/Pac-12, I am just saying the glaring weakness on the team last year was guard play.

I'm not saying that the front court play was the best in the nation/Pac-12, I am just saying the glaring weakness on the team last year was guard play.
The team was weak across the board, but as you look to the future, they've done nothing to find a replacement for Josh. We've recruited a ton of guards, but as you look across the pac12 there's a lot of competent bigs. I do not beleive that CU is even close to being competitive. Booker covered up a lot of our problem. We just got thumped in the worse postseason tourney possible...... Look at next years recruiting class...... There's nothing coming in. We have to go to battle in the pac12 with a team with approximately 130 RPI....... WE ARE IN NEED OF A REBOOT!

The team was weak across the board, but as you look to the future, they've done nothing to find a replacement for Josh. We've recruited a ton of guards, but as you look across the pac12 there's a lot of competent bigs. I do not beleive that CU is even close to being competitive. Booker covered up a lot of our problem. We just got thumped in the worse postseason tourney possible...... Look at next years recruiting class...... There's nothing coming in. We have to go to battle in the pac12 with a team with approximately 130 RPI....... WE ARE IN NEED OF A REBOOT!
I mean, did you even watch the games?

I watched every game but the quasi postseason..... Stomach had enough of bad hoops by then. I'm a fan, but it's hard for me to watch 40 minutes of hero ball..... That's all CU had to offer. You'll see next season..... We could be the worse team in the PAC 12....... Hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so. Collier will work hard, but team has to many problems on and off the court.

I don't see how anyone who watched the games can conclude rhat the front court was the problem.

Yeah tbis season sucked but there is some serious overreaction going on.

Wes needs to step it up and play to his ability but he has ability.

Scott was a shadow of his normal self most of the season due to injuries, one of the best in the PAC when he was close to healthy.

Miller needs to learn how to play defense on this level but already has shown that he can be an inside force. Has a nice touch inside and good quickness for a big man. His strength is what makes him unique though, very few players can match his muscle and still move with him. Hope he is here for a solid future.

The only thing consistent about our guard play what the inconsistency. Other than Ski we had no guard play with the confidence to knock down an outside shot or to try to consistently create opportunities for teammates.

White doesn't have to be a star to help us. If he can be an offensive threat from the guard spot scoring some baskets earlier in the possession and play decent defense he will help us

I don't see how anyone who watched the games can conclude rhat the front court was the problem.

Yeah tbis season sucked but there is some serious overreaction going on.

it would be great to hear your thoughts on next season! You're the first I've heard that said the front court was ok.....

it would be great to hear your thoughts on next season! You're the first I've heard that said the front court was ok.....
A front court with Josh, Wesley, and XJ is more than ok. I know I'm not the only one with that opinion.

Back