What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Destination Stillwater

Deleted member 807

Never too early to scout Okie Lite

oklahoma_state_bikini.jpg

I was actually planning to go see this game at the beginning of the season.

Now I am torn.

Seems hard to get excited about a road trip now.

Nice pics. You going?

I was actually planning to go see this game at the beginning of the season.

Now I am torn.

Seems hard to get excited about a road trip now.

Nice pics. You going?

Yes I am. Flying into Tulsa on game day. Plan on getting my drink on at Eskamo Joe's before the game.

That would be a wise way to get through the game.

If I go nuts and decide to make the trip, I'll join you there.

PM me if you plan on going. I'm looking forward to meeting up with you and any other Allbuffer masocists that will be making the trip.

:gobuffs::drink2:

I was planning on attending this game until they moved it to Thursday.

I hate it when they **** with my schedule.

Same, Buffy. I really wanted to go, but just couldn't manage that Thursday night game.

Everyone who's going, have some cheese fries for me. If I weren't flying off to the east coast on Friday I'd seriously consider going down there...

Not alot of Colorado fans in Stillwater. If Buff Nation were a country, it would be Lichtenstein. I'm guessing about 300 Buffs were in attendence at Boone Pickens Stadium...half of those were players, cheerleaders and coaches. There's a reason ESPN didn't have many shots of CU fans. ESPN Thursday night under the lights and on the road drew ten times as many Buff faithful against WVU in Morgantown.

You can thumb your nose all you want at Stillwater as some B12 grease spot. It's an 80 minute drive from the Tulsa airport. What OSU lacks in geography, it makes up for with hospitality towards CU fans. The standard greeting was "Thanks for coming to Stillwater."

I didn't encounter a single snarky, beligerant or arrogant remark before, during, or after the game. Props to the OSU fanbase as being the polar opposite of their landgrant dooshbag cousins from Ft. Collins.

Boone Pickens Stadium has that new car smell after completing a $260M makeover and is one of the most modern in the B12. The brick facade extends 14 stories high and wraps around the stadium and the adjoining basketball arena, making it the largest tornado shelter in the 405 area code.

The concourse is spacious, painted white and glows with the florescent intensity of a Best Buy after sundown. The 'Boone' is a beacon in the center of Stillwater and made for an easy target for the three paratroopers of the US Army Special Forces Black Dagger Sky Diving team who delivered the gameball with nice a night jump into the center of the stadium prior to the kick-off.

OSU stadium game announcer Larry Reese deserves a swift kick in the nuts for his signature "3rd down and x yards, VISITORS", the last word dripping with contemp. He did that every single time. It's bush league, Larry.

The energy in the stadium was lower than what I expected from a ranked team with BCS aspirations playing infront of a national audience. Those black uniforms worn by OSU perpetuated confusion with Oregon State. They were probably a mistake. The orange clad fan base were detached from the team on many occations due to their turnover prone offense. It was a different team with QB Zac Robinson out due injury and Dez Bryant gone due to a recruiting violation.

In the end, they came to life as the Buffs squandered a two score lead. Sloppy personal fouls, a goal post hitting field goal attempt, poor special teams coverage on kicks, and some missed assignments by the Buffs were their downfall. Typical.

Credit is due to Gundy for getting a come-back performance from his third string QB. The passes to Blackman and Toston for easy TDs turned the game around for them.

The nightmare for Buff fans continues on the road for the 13th time in a row, as OSU did everything but gift wrap an upset.

Quick thoughts on Stillwater.
Eskamo Joes - As kickoff time gets closer, the food gets worse. Were those cheese fries or wood chips? Still a good time. It was nice for the Buff Cheerleaders to brighten the place up before the game. It would have been nice to see more students, though.

Drummond Residence Hall is the ugliest dorm on the planet. Any underclassman staying in that ****hole has a right to be pissed about the priorities of the university and should demand to be moved into those vacant luxury boxes.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Barn on the OSU Washington Street Strip is the best drivethru liquor store ever.

The Cowboy marching band pays tribute a nice rendition of Friends in Low Places by OSU alum Garth Brooks. Nice Touch.

The stadium video walls showed abundant and gratuitous close-up shots of the gyrating rear ends those OSU spirit dancers. Those gals were workin' it.

Great review Skiddy...thanks for the report!

Not alot of Colorado fans in Stillwater. If Buff Nation were a country, it would be Lichtenstein. I'm guessing about 300 Buffs were in attendence at Boone Pickens Stadium...half of those were players, cheerleaders and coaches. There's a reason ESPN didn't have many shots of CU fans. ESPN Thursday night under the lights and on the road drew ten times as many Buff faithful against WVU in Morgantown.

You can thumb your nose all you want at Stillwater as some B12 grease spot. It's an 80 minute drive from the Tulsa airport. What OSU lacks in geography, it makes up for with hospitality towards CU fans. The standard greeting was "Thanks for coming to Stillwater."

I didn't encounter a single snarky, beligerant or arrogant remark before, during, or after the game. Props to the OSU fanbase as being the polar opposite of their landgrant dooshbag cousins from Ft. Collins.

Boone Pickens Stadium has that new car smell after completing a $260M makeover and is one of the most modern in the B12. The brick facade extends 14 stories high and wraps around the stadium and the adjoining basketball arena, making it the largest tornado shelter in the 405 area code.

The concourse is spacious, painted white and glows with the florescent intensity of a Best Buy after sundown. The 'Boone' is a beacon in the center of Stillwater and made for an easy target for the three paratroopers of the US Army Special Forces Black Dagger Sky Diving team who delivered the gameball with nice a night jump into the center of the stadium prior to the kick-off.

OSU stadium game announcer Larry Reese deserves a swift kick in the nuts for his signature "3rd down and x yards, VISITORS", the last word dripping with contemp. He did that every single time. It's bush league, Larry.

The energy in the stadium was lower than what I expected from a ranked team with BCS aspirations playing infront of a national audience. Those black uniforms worn by OSU perpetuated confusion with Oregon State. They were probably a mistake. The orange clad fan base were detached from the team on many occations due to their turnover prone offense. It was a different team with QB Zac Robinson out due injury and Dez Bryant gone due to a recruiting violation.

In the end, they came to life as the Buffs squandered a two score lead. Sloppy personal fouls, a goal post hitting field goal attempt, poor special teams coverage on kicks, and some missed assignments by the Buffs were their downfall. Typical.

Credit is due to Gundy for getting a come-back performance from his third string QB. The passes to Blackman and Toston for easy TDs turned the game around for them.

The nightmare for Buff fans continues on the road for the 13th time in a row, as OSU did everything but gift wrap an upset.

Quick thoughts on Stillwater.
Eskamo Joes - As kickoff time gets closer, the food gets worse. Were those cheese fries or wood chips? Still a good time. It was nice for the Buff Cheerleaders to brighten the place up before the game. It would have been nice to see more students, though.

Drummond Residence Hall is the ugliest dorm on the planet. Any underclassman staying in that ****hole has a right to be pissed about the priorities of the university and should demand to be moved into those vacant luxury boxes.

Great wrapup Skiddy. I completely agree about Stillwater. Theres nothing really that stands out to do in Stillwater, certainly nothing to look out, but its a great Big 12 destination. Its welcoming and just feels like a college town. I've been to all the Big 12 sites and Stilly is in my top 3. I, for one, think it's a hundred times the destination that it's big brother to the south in Norman is. That town does nothing for me.

Thanks again for the review. I agree there wasnt many of us there, but, a good time was defintly had. Great game.

Back