What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Did Ceal's teams turn the ball over a lot?

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
I'm curious about whether that's just something to expect with the system and her coaching tree. Beth Burns' SDSU teams commit a ton of turnovers and I heard in an interview where she said that she doesn't worry about that. What's important is that the team is aggressive and attacking.

Same philosophy under Ceal? Same philosophy for Lappe?

I don't remember Ceal's best teams turning the ball over much at all. They loved to run, especially with Shelley Sheetz at the point, but I don't recall that they had a lot of turnovers. Now, my recollection could be clouded by their success, so maybe some of the other old ****s can add to this.

I also think that the type of turnover is more important than how many you have. Lazy turnovers -- travelling, bad passes while running the half-court offense, having the ball stolen off the dribble, etc -- are not good ever. Aggressive turnovers -- trying to thread a pass while on a fast break but missing, and the like -- are more forgiveable as long as they are somewhat limited.

I don't recall a lot of turnovers either. I used to attend a lot of practices back in the day and they had a set number where they got to run suicides if they committed more than that in a game.

Ceal did have a philosophy of a good turnover and a bad turnover. Some just happen with the speed of the game. If somebody was totally out of position or got beat, that is a bad turnover.

I don't recall the teams with Sheetz at the point committing a lot of turnover. You don't get to 30-3 by committing turnovers.

Back