What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Did Cody explain the spike with 1:15 and a timeout left in the half?

being as i got through yesterday's game in a manner that accepted mistakes as something to learn from instead of something to bitch about to fill a hole in my soul, i would say i have a skin thick enough to watch the game.

the same cannot be said for you, despite your attempt to explain it away as "passion" as "just having a 41st birthday" and as any other bologna you are going to come up with.

sack up, be objective. but stop acting as if these kids owe you anything.

I NEVER said they owe me anything,the COACHES are grown men and getting the grief here.

I served in iraq in 91, it WAS "life or death", so I don't need some drama queen like you telling me something I already knew long before you.:thumbsup:

Anything else:lol:

I NEVER said they owe me anything,the COACHES are grown men and getting the grief here.

I served in iraq in 91, it WAS "life or death", so I don't need some drama queen like you telling me something I already knew long before you.:thumbsup:

Anything else:lol:

MTM is a coach? behrens? behr? daniels? cody?

good golly almighty, time has flown. as you absolutely called those kids out syko. and in this time continuum, they absolutely are NOT the coaches.

once again, your life experiences, no matter how nifty or suckass, have no bearing whatsoever on the field of play. trust, i absolutely understand why you would take a "drama queen" tactic when you are called on acting like one for throwing a kid under a bus. it is far more comfortable to continue bitching about kids like a powerless tool and to call someone who calls it BS a drama queen than to clean up that tendency, isn't it?

MTM is a coach? behrens? behr? daniels? cody?

good golly almighty, time has flown. as you absolutely called those kids out syko. and in this time continuum, they absolutely are NOT the coaches.

once again, your life experiences, no matter how nifty or suckass, have no bearing whatsoever on the field of play. trust, i absolutely understand why you would take a "drama queen" tactic when you are called on acting like one for throwing a kid under a bus. it is far more comfortable to continue bitching about kids like a powerless tool and to call someone who calls it BS a drama queen than to clean up that tendency, isn't it?

Where did I bash cody? I bashed FANS for saying we were better without maiava. Get a clue for once in your life.

Where did I bash cody? I bashed FANS for saying we were better without maiava. Get a clue for once in your life.

hey jackass, look at the thread title. you are piling on in a thread which was created to bash a kid for making a mistake. whoopee doo. i'll bet he is going to make other mistakes. there is no nead to go beserk about it. it is a mistake, we saw it. and MOST of us (who realize that we don't throw kids under a bus for it) have a "i hope he learns from that mistake" attitude and we moved on. yesterday.

then there are people like you who want to imply that four offensive players are crap just so you can make a point about another. four players, by the way, who gave it their all to overcome an unhappy situation yesterday. doubtless, they made mistakes too. i hope that we get those bugs worked out! i'll bet most do. but very few have gone as far as you as insinuating that they are **** in a smarmy, smug filled quip.

hey jackass, look at the thread title. you are piling on in a thread which was created to bash a kid for making a mistake. whoopee doo. i'll bet he is going to make other mistakes. there is no nead to go beserk about it. it is a mistake, we saw it. and MOST of us (who realize that we don't throw kids under a bus for it) have a "i hope he learns from that mistake" attitude and we moved on. yesterday.

Look dumbass, when you find words that I bashed cody,present them or STFU. Being a LIAR makes you even more of an idiot.

You have trouble grasping the english language. I bashed CU fans FOR the maiava responses,the freshman bahr,behrens,tuioti are just that,freshman. They will have ups and downs and i've been touting tuioti since recruiting season.

So,go find those words bashing cody and get back to me, in fact,find the post bashing cody. Show where I said cody sucks,he's an idiot,he's dumb.

Go ahead dumbass.:thumbsup:

Look dumbass, when you find words that I bashed cody,present them or STFU. Being a LIAR makes you even more of an idiot.

You have trouble grasping the english language. I bashed CU fans FOR the maiava responses,the freshman bahr,behrens,tuioti are just that,freshman. They will have ups and downs and i've been touting tuioti since recruiting season.

So,go find those words bashing cody and get back to me, in fact,find the posy bashing cody. Show where I said cody sucks,he's an idiot,he's dumb.

Go ahead dumbass.:thumbsup:

okay, if it requires this for you to understand, i will say this one more time. slowly. so you can understand.

you.
threw.
four.
offensive.
linemen.
under.
a.
bus.

you.
suck.

i DARE you to call me a liar on that point. i have you quoted. do you need a crayon scrawl?

Seeing as I was the one who authored the title, perhaps some 'splainin is in order.

A) Since it was Cody who spiked the ball...

B) I'd like Cody to explain why he did it.

Not bashing him personally, I just want to know the justification for spiking the ball with 1:15 left in the half and a timeout in hand. He made the play. Was he told to do it? I don't know. If so, that's good information to have. It also leads to the next question - who told him to do it, and why?

If, as it seems to be the case, Coach Hawk was telling him to spike the ball, then I'd like Hawk to either give an explanation as to why he did it or simply admit that it was a bone-head move. We all learn from mistakes, but we have to admit them to learn from them.

Seeing as I was the one who authored the title, perhaps some 'splainin is in order.

A) Since it was Cody who spiked the ball...

B) I'd like Cody to explain why he did it.

Not bashing him personally, I just want to know the justification for spiking the ball with 1:15 left in the half and a timeout in hand. He made the play. Was he told to do it? I don't know. If so, that's good information to have. It also leads to the next question - who told him to do it, and why?

If, as it seems to be the case, Coach Hawk was telling him to spike the ball, then I'd like Hawk to either give an explanation as to why he did it or simply admit that it was a bone-head move. We all learn from mistakes, but we have to admit them to learn from them.

hawk has been pretty good at adressing questions sent his way, if even in his weekly remarks. why not ask?

You spike the ball so you don't eliminate the running option. Or so you can work in a fifth down.

Or you can spike it after passing the line of scrimage which would really be a fumble. That sure would create some excitement and get everyone on their feet. :lol:

With 1:15 remaining and a timeout in hand, there was no need to spike the ball - at least to my way of thinking. It might have been different if we had no timeouts remaining, but we did. That play typified the sloppiness of the effort, particularly on offense.

Looking through the paper this morning, I don't see any justification for it from coaches.

That was a total waste of a play, and bad clock management. I'm sure Hawk will get asked about it on one of his talk shows.

Back