What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Did they reduce the size of the goalposts?

Unfortunately, I really don't think Hawkins puts much emphasis on special teams. I don't think it's much of a concern to him, frankly. Maybe it's not a little thing. Maybe it's something that he thinks will take care of itself given time. I really don't know. I do know that our special teams have been abhorrent the last four years, and have gotten progressively worse. I'm really, really worried about this aspect of our game. I think shoddy special teams play will cost us a couple games we probably should win.

i agree that the special teams have been very bad and costly. but, at the scrimmage, Dan was very active himself charting lanes (I'd guess) on the KO team and stood on the field during the kickoff from next to the where the ball had been kicked and very observant and vocal pointing out where guys need to be.

trying to be a little positive.

Last edited:
i agree that the special teams have been very bad and costly. but, at the scrimmage, Dan was very active himself charting lanes (I'd guess) on the KO team and stood on the field from next to the where the ball had been kicked and very observant and vocal pointing out where guys need to be.

trying to be a little positive.

Allow me to answer for the Hawk Bashers(TM): "The only thing that could possibly make our special teams worse is Dan Hawkins getting involved with coaching them."

:smile2:

I saw that Castor hit a 52 yarder in practice as well as a couple of other shorter ones, might answer the questions about his leg strength.

Unfortunately I don't think our kicking problems have been for lack of talent, Eric is very talented. The problems have been mental and that is harder to fix, or keep fixed.

How often does a true freshman kicker come in and make an impact? The transition from HS to college, it seems to me, would be huge. Not only are the goal posts way narrower and there is no kicking tee (which, maybe, Castor opted not to use), and WAY less pressure.

How often does a true freshman kicker come in and make an impact? The transition from HS to college, it seems to me, would be huge. Not only are the goal posts way narrower and there is no kicking tee (which, maybe, Castor opted not to use), and WAY less pressure.

I dunno. Ask Mason Crosby.

Back