What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Did things finally "pop" for CU?

I still noticed some "little things" and other "small details", but am very grateful for this win...

first sentence of post-game, "you know what was awesome for me".....gaining emotional maturity. being positive and working on things.

this is like year one Hawk.

says "really awesome for me" again. he's really self-referential. johnson asks about the D, Hawk talks about himself.

What a wild year! Obviously things aren't ideal but tonight win was GREAT! I'm so happy to see this season turn around!

It hasn't turned around yet, but this team is taking big steps every game. So much for the biggest improvements are made between game 1 and 2 theory.

KSU is the signature game for us right now. We have to go on the road and beat a team that should be beatable.

I think this team has what it takes, but there are not gimme's this year.

We still have some games that we'll have to play away, no? Here's hoping our team builds on this and stays hungry for next week's opponent.

We've crapped the bed before. We beat OU a few years ago and the North was ours! We beat WVU last year and the North was ours!

Until we beat the teams we're "supposed" (argue that about KSU with me...both teams are bad) to beat and win on the road I will not say things have popped.

Until we beat the teams we're "supposed" to...
This is the salient point. Now, if Colorado can avoid believing all of this week's press clippings-!

NMB, the hopeful turning point for me was CU coming back. We'd seen them turn in yet-another 29-minute First Half, only to give up a TD at the end. Then KU did a lot more, but instead of folding and throwing 92-yard INT TDs, this team came back and took the lead smartly, then kept playing.

Reflecting back, is this or some other series a turning point?

Nice win, defence good in most areas, think we are heading in right direction. but not so fast my friends, KU has a poor defence this year,

Like a festering zit on a teenager in a chocolate factory.

Too early to tell. Still a lot to clean up on O - false starts, dropped passes, missed blocks.

We've crapped the bed before. We beat OU a few years ago and the North was ours! We beat WVU last year and the North was ours!

Until we beat the teams we're "supposed" (argue that about KSU with me...both teams are bad) to beat and win on the road I will not say things have popped.

:yeahthat:

Let's see how we do in these next 4 games, all of which are winnable.

They are definitely starting to "snap", and "crackle".... A big win next week, and I'd say they've "popped".

until we actually slow Pinkel down it remains to be seen, but MU looks eminently beatable at Folsom.

I remember when Barney was here (I was NEVER a Barnett apologist) we used to give a lot of crap that Pinkel's teams would fold, fold, fold. Hawk has still yet to come close to beating him.

We need a W against Mizzou. A beat down, no prisoners, hide the children beat down.

They will be 0-3 in the North at that time barring a miracle against UT. They'll look to our game as winnable and needed to have a long shot at the North (or even a good bowl).

Beat them and things have "popped."

To play MU is to play KU, they have very similer styles.

not always. 2 years ago we lose to a KU team that wins a BCS bowl in a low scoring game in the teens (a game many here thought we should have won). MU blew us apart and ran us off our home field.

Back