1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did UT and Texas miss the bus?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Timbuff10, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

I would love for nothing more than to see UT left in a handicapped Big12. If NU and MU leave for the Big10 and CU and Utah get the call for the Pac12. The rest remaining 8 teams including all the Texas school would be left in the dust thanks solely to their arrogance.

The awesome thing is, this is quickly looking like the most likely scenario at the moment too as this would give the Pac their championship game they wanted, maintain cultural fits with what they currently have, and they can show Texas who is boss. Once Texas figures out that the PAC is in charge maybe they can extend an invite to only UT, OU, and KU and maybe A&M at that point ane leave all these little brother schools behind.

2. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

I for one sure do hope this is how it goes down. "f" tex@$$

3. Wise Old Man

Wise Old Man Member

... I don't know if that's possible at this point. The Funding for Texas is limitless. Whether it be commercially, or from their Billion Dollar Backers, I don't think they would suffer at all being left behind.
    Think about it. They still would have the red river shoot out. Bring in the now Succesful TCU and even moderately talented SMU. And now add their own Television contract down there in Texas and they are self sufficent. NOT to mention that they have their own recruiting hot bed. Who needs to travel when you have the money and talent within 300 miles of the school. Heck , who even needs other teams. They could play all their games within texas against texans and probably fill up their schedule and play for the championship.

4. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

Great! They can make a dustbowl/tornado alley conference. As long as they leave us and our new conference alone I am fine with that. I can just totally see all this political posturing being what slows the Pac down and makes them think twice about this move. It's a long way from the west coast to Texas/Oklahoma. Colorado is far too but still within reason. When you add in the cultual fit, this Pac16 deal just doesnt sound good except for the money.

5. Del

Del Member

The sad thing is its really not that far off!! You're rigt they have the bucks right now and they could get almost every house in Texas to add the network if this happens. Hell they already make a **** ton of money every year by charging $30 for pay per view OOC games vs pushover teams and people are crazy enough down here to pay it without blinking. To be honest if Texas could work it where they had a chance at a NC every year by doing this and maybe playing 1 or 2 OOC pushovers they would do it in a second. That's how bad the arrogance is down here!

6. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

Aren't there rules about getting a BCS bid that you have to have a 12 team conference and a championship game?

7. Jens1893

Jens1893 Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Big Ten? Pac 10?

8. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

No because the Big East only has 8 teams, the Big 10 has 11, and the Pac-10 has, well, 10 teams. But they do require 12 teams in order to have a conference championship game.

9. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

From the beginning, schools such as Baylor, Texas Tech, OSU - really have no business in Pac-10 discussions. Probably the only schools that fit the Pac-10 profile are:

CU, KU, UT. OU is a stretch, especially given recent issues with compliance.

I fully expect to hear that CU is accepting the 11th spot in the Pac10. Texas will have a few days to say yes or no, on their own. If they turn it down, Utah will be extended.

Just my gut feel on this. Can't see the Pac10 Liberals being told how life works by the brash Texans. The Baylor assault was just way out of what they would deem to be acceptable.

10. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

I thought I heard someone on the radio saying that is going to be a new rule, but yeah, good point... Then again if the chips fall right those conferences will have 12 members in a few weeks ;)

11. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

fify

12. SuperD

SuperD Club Member Club Member

Let's hold off on counting any chickens before we get some official word of how this is going to go down.

13. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

This was all a ploy. The rest of the BIG 12 wanted CU out. Nebraska and mizzou make it like their going to the big 10 and the big 12 south makes a fake push for the pac 10, cu bites first and the big 12 stays intact and cu is out.

14. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

:wtf:

15. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

:lol: Sure went to a lot of trouble didn't they.

16. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

Tactical error on their part. Hawkins was NOT fired.

17. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

Sounds good to me if it puts us in the PAC12 with another school.

18. CUBuff98

CUBuff98 Club Member Club Member

Yeah, they could have thrown us that bone at least.

19. superdeluxe

superdeluxe New Member

lol. Texas is not going to get left in the 'dust'. They are the prettiest girl at the dance, and they know it.

20. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

They are also the bitchiest. Taking home that one can have some seriously negative consequences down the road.

21. superdeluxe

superdeluxe New Member

I am sure most would be willing to put up with the bitchiness.

22. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

and definetly not the type to get married to! Which is what the PAC is having seconds thoughts about it seems.

23. Darth Snow

Really? Then why do Mizzou, CU, and NU want out?

24. superdeluxe

superdeluxe New Member

For Mizzou and NU $$$$$$ and lots of it, I've heard that Osborne is pissed off about something happening in the past (something about the HQ being moved).

everyone is pissed off because of the unequal revenue distribution, the more times you are on tv..the more $$$ you get is the Big 12 system I believe.

If Texas goes to the p-16 or the B-16, The revenue is going to be the same..and expanded.

25. Darth Snow

Money eh? Ask yourself, why doesn't the Big 12 have that TV network? Which bitchy girl prevented that?

26. superdeluxe

superdeluxe New Member

I'm sure it was texas.

27. Darth Snow

Yup. ****ing bitch.

28. class01

class01 Active Member

I know I giving them way too much credit, but what if they had jumping to the Pac 10 in the works and decided they needed the $$ to buy out the Big 12 instead of Hawk? Bide our time and then start fresh in a new conference with a new coach.

29. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

can we release oj from prison to murder texas

30. DesertDawg526

DesertDawg526 Resident Dawg Club Member

Texas demands the Pac allow Baylor over CU.

The Pac, without blinking, says no and takes CU since CU is the single best fit overall.

Utah quickly follows.

Texas relaxes, the Big XII is still intact sans the upcoming addition of TCU.

Nebraska and Mizzou, sick of UT, bolt for the Big Televen.

Things progress quickly.

Kansas, scared of being left out of the Big Dance, quickly accepts the Pac invite to become #13 leaving KSU behind (at least their state has one BCS mega-school).

Next comes New Mexico.

New Mexico? Really? Well, their acceptance locks down the major state schools of virtually all of the western USA. Including the Denver and Colorado market, the Salt Lake City and Utah market, and all of New Mexico.

Oklahoma, concerned about the flailing Big XII, decides to accept a Pac invite as well leaving OSU to be relegated to the "other" in state school status, that maintains a yearly football rivalry with the big brother. That's 15 spots.

There's one spot left.

Texas, without a Big Televen invite, thinks about joining a Pac-16 with the likes of CU, Utah, NM, OU and OSU....

OR
    .....waits for the SEC to extend an invite (and we know Texas is envious of the academics in the SEC)....

OR

...rules the roost in a Big XII that no longer has CU, Nebraska, OU, Kansas or Mizzou. It consists of, well, nobody of consequence outside of Texas schools. And unfortunately that will not get them to the BCS title game against a team with the same record from the Pac-16 or SEC or Big Televen.

Texass can accept the #16 invite giving all schools $25 million yearly in TV money while bowing-down to the Pac or they can be kings of the Big Mountain West. Then the Pac takes a different #16 giving schools a mere $20 million yearly in revenue.

The Pac is good, CU is good, and either way Texas ends up getting what they deserve...