What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Did We Just Murder Oregon Football?

Did We Just Murder Oregon Football

• Yes

Votes: 45 47.9%
  • No

Votes: 49 52.1%

• Total voters
I am hoping we did not murder Oregon. I hope we beat the hell out of them every time we play, but Oregon being good is not a bad thing for us or the Pac 12.

If daddy warbucks passes away, do the Ducks get a multi-billion $$ endowment from it? That guy is worth $25+B...

I am hoping we did not murder Oregon. I hope we beat the hell out of them every time we play, but Oregon being good is not a bad thing for us or the Pac 12.
Yup. Pac-12 needs teams like Oregon, Washington, USC, ASU, Utah and Colorado to be good to make the conference what it should be. Especially Utah and Oregon considering they are in non-NFL markets where the interest is high.

It's certainly looking like the wheels are coming off. Glad we had a lot to do with it. I don't think they lay an egg in Pullman if we hadn't pulled that game out. Their confidence in themselves and their coaching staff is shot. I think the swagger is gone as long as Helfrich is there. Hopefully they never get it back. (y)

This conference is so deep this year, no easy wins outside of Oregon state. What is up with wazzou starting slow again? They looked like the team from last year that took Stanford to the wire and almost won the north.

It's certainly looking like the wheels are coming off. Glad we had a lot to do with it. I don't think they lay an egg in Pullman if we hadn't pulled that game out. Their confidence in themselves and their coaching staff is shot. I think the swagger is gone as long as Helfrich is there. Hopefully they never get it back. (y)

They are a very young team with freshman starting or contributing. The defense they had last year was near the bottom of FBS. But it was their offense that kept them in or let them win games. I suspect that in a year or two this rebuilding year will be behind them.

God, we if got the W to get to 3-0 and drop USC to 1-3. Not to mention holding the tiebreaker

All I really care about is two more wins. I don't care who they come against. If we get them with some games left to play, then I'll work up excitement for a south championship or higher level bowl.

All I really care about is two more wins. I don't care who they come against. If we get them with some games left to play, then I'll work up excitement for a south championship or higher level bowl.

Of course. A bowl was the primary objective and this season wouldn't be a failure no matter how we made one. However, depending on the circumstances, 6-6 would be a bit a of a disappointment given the way we've started the season. This team would likely be selling itself short if it went 2-5 the rest of the way.

Of course. A bowl was the primary objective and this season wouldn't be a failure no matter how we made one. However, depending on the circumstances, 6-6 would be a bit a of a disappointment given the way we've started the season. This team would likely be selling itself short if it went 2-5 the rest of the way.
I agree. Expectations have changed. 2-5 the rest of the way would be a disappointment.

USC game huge for this team. Get that win, first ever for a CU team, and the confidence will be sky high

Honestly, other than Arizona the South looks upside down from what I had expected.
Buffs sort of got lucky there. The past two years I don't think the Buffs were as bad as their record indicated (especially 2014) we just got very unlucky that the Pac-12 was so deep and there were a bunch of average teams with no one dropping to the cellar. This year the Pac-12 dropped off significantly right when we have our most veteran teams since 2001.

To the point. I'd be surprised if Helfrich doesn't get **** canned.

Yep. My expectation is .500 in Pac-12 games. That puts the over/under at 7.5 right now imho.

Yep. My expectation is .500 in Pac-12 games. That puts the over/under at 7.5 right now imho.
I'm gonna be really annoyed if we swoon a bit during October and everyone gets doom and gloom. This is a hard schedule!

Reactions: DBT
I'm gonna be really annoyed if we swoon a bit during October and everyone gets doom and gloom. This is a hard schedule!

Exactly. We all hope that the momentum builds, things snowball, and we end up winning 9+. But like you I'm worried that a lot of fans are starting to cross that hype/ excitement line to the point where an 8-4 final record would be upsetting to them.

The schedule has some challenges, but not significantly different than any other year in the Pac (and better than many years). Plus, getting a week-and-a-half to prep for UCLA, followed by another week-and-a-half to prep for Arizona is a nifty little gift.

Exactly. We all hope that the momentum builds, things snowball, and we end up winning 9+. But like you I'm worried that a lot of fans are starting to cross that hype/ excitement line to the point where an 8-4 final record would be upsetting to them.
We're looking at you Sacky!

I don't know if CU murdered the ducks, but it looks like WSU did.

Don't even want to use their own colors/mascot any more.

I guess they looked around the country and said, "Toledo's having a pretty good season. Let's dress up like them for this week's costume."

Points for referring to oregon's weekly sartorial choices as what they are: costumes, rather than uniforms.

Back