What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Did We Just Murder Oregon Football?

Did We Just Murder Oregon Football

• Yes

Votes: 45 47.9%
  • No

Votes: 49 52.1%

• Total voters
I know Helfrich does not deserve another year, but I hope that loss really shows the AD what he needs to fire him. If he keeps Helfrich another year I wont be able to watch an Oregon game. Would it be cool if I jumped on your bandwagon until this ****ing clown is gone? It would be nice to watch a team that plays hard and has coaches without a head up their ass.

The question is is there any confidence for Helfrich? Or pockets of confidence? You've got a guy that was handed the keys to the city by Chip Kelley. Who gave them to a first time head coach who is going to have some level of learning on the job. How did Helfrich screw that up? The inability to recruit a QB behind Mariotta is a bad sign. Things really seemed to be going downhill now that most of Kellys recruits are gone. So QB is only a small part of the picture I think.

The biggest issue I see is the number of freshman that have ended up as starters along the OL and DL. Where is the depth? Kids that were playing at high school the year before are not strong enough and usually not big enough to compete at the collegiate level until spending a lot of time in the weight room. Injuries are not making life easier for Oregon.

The next largest issue is Def Coord; Brady Hoke has replaced Don Pellum (your version of Brian Cabral) who replaced Nick Aliotti who was the last guy that was the real deal at DC when he retired in 2013. Alliotti says Hoke knows what he is doing. But its clearly going to be awhile before Oregon gets things figured out on that side of the ball.

It's one thing to sit thru 4 years of Mike MacIntyre and wait for him to get it right. Its entirely another to watch Helfrich (11-2, 13-2, 9-4, 2-5) flounder as he goes. Oregon has the resources and reputation to hire whomever they want. Good luck.

Helfrich is gone no doubt. I thought he'd get the rest of the year but the more I think about it, Idk if he will or not. Not all his players are giving max effort either, I saw plenty of that watching some of it. I know that falls on him even if it's not all him. I wouldn't know that unless I was there everyday.

Helfrich is gone no doubt. I thought he'd get the rest of the year but the more I think about it, Idk if he will or not. Not all his players are giving max effort either, I saw plenty of that watching some of it. I know that falls on him even if it's not all him. I wouldn't know that unless I was there everyday.

Bellotti made a good point last night that you can have great players but if they dont like playing together youre probably not going to get good results. Chemistry is kind of important. Ask Charlie Strong about that. And Helfrich.

The question is is there any confidence for Helfrich? Or pockets of confidence? You've got a guy that was handed the keys to the city by Chip Kelley. Who gave them to a first time head coach who is going to have some level of learning on the job. How did Helfrich screw that up? The inability to recruit a QB behind Mariotta is a bad sign. Things really seemed to be going downhill now that most of Kellys recruits are gone. So QB is only a small part of the picture I think.

The biggest issue I see is the number of freshman that have ended up as starters along the OL and DL. Where is the depth? Kids that were playing at high school the year before are not strong enough and usually not big enough to compete at the collegiate level until spending a lot of time in the weight room. Injuries are not making life easier for Oregon.

The next largest issue is Def Coord; Brady Hoke has replaced Don Pellum (your version of Brian Cabral) who replaced Nick Aliotti who was the last guy that was the real deal at DC when he retired in 2013. Alliotti says Hoke knows what he is doing. But its clearly going to be awhile before Oregon gets things figured out on that side of the ball.

It's one thing to sit thru 4 years of Mike MacIntyre and wait for him to get it right. Its entirely another to watch Helfrich (11-2, 13-2, 9-4, 2-5) flounder as he goes. Oregon has the resources and reputation to hire whomever they want. Good luck.

I said it at the time he was hired, and I'll keep saying it - Helfrich is Oregon's Neuheisel. Read the bolded and tell me that doesn't describe Skippy's time here to a T. The only difference is that Skippy got out of town before he could get fired.

Back