1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

didnt boise do trick plays?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by jrod212, Sep 28, 2008.

1. jrod212

jrod212 Member

i want to see some well executed trick plays. like some flea flicker ****. or like statue of liberty, or even some double reverses.

2. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

If they work Hawks a genious. If they don't then people say that crap doesn't work in the big 12, then say he'll never anything more than a WAC coach. :huh:

I'd like to see more of those plays, but its hard when you can't establish a run, or passing game.

3. KingPants

KingPants Club Member Club Member

What is this "can't establish a run" stuff? Not just you Valdez, but I have seen it on a couple of different sites. I would say that we stopped ourselves from running, not the FSU d. We were getting what we needed out of the run game, but for some reason we decided to start passing the ball on first down. We should have kept slamming the ball in there.

4. Sexton Hardcastle

I think most of that yardage came off of Stewart improvising. At least imo. I might be wrong but we could never consistantly run the ball on FSU. Especially when they knew we couldn't pass the ball. jmo here.

5. Hank

Hank Well-Known Member

That crap works against the Big 12.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4s8vdzYwFU"]YouTube - Boise State Fiesta Bowl ESPN Top 10 Plays[/ame]

Swish likes this.
  6. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

:lol:

Yeah, we definitely need to add some more complicated plays into this offense because we clearly have the regular offense mastered. We don't make any mistakes at all right now, might as well do some trick plays.:rolleyes:

7. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

I got a trick play... When we are in the shotgun, we don't run it that much anymore.

Then put Speedy and DS in there at the same time.

8. Sexton Hardcastle

You can run in the spread. But to run the ball in any offensive set, first you have to block.

9. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

Stewart obvioiusly ran well each week now. But the guy is Daren Sproles type back. Fast and slippery and the last few weeks he made things happen that DS would not have.

I think most are refering to establishing a power running game where someone like DS can flourish. That requires us to have a massive and experienced offensive line. When Miami won their last MNC against the fuskers they had an all senior defensive line that didn't allow a single sack all season. Same for NU in the mid 90s. Massive gaurds and tackles that pushed arround everyone they played. When you have that you can run anything you want including some trickery.

10. BuffAlum2007

BuffAlum2007 Well-Known Member

11. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

Trick plays work primarily when your base offense is working. The trick play catches the defenders off guard because they are cheating their positions to try to stop your base offense. Pretty much like play action passes depend on success running the ball.

12. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

I have to agree 100% with you here...I never felt like FSU was stopping the run, and there were some MAJOR holes out there especially out of the shotgun when we did the HB draw up the middle. I think overall we had an excellent gameplan for the FSU game just terrible execution. But more on topic, we are getting too deliberate I believe. We could use something to spice this offense up especially after consecutive punts!

13. Swish

Swish Half a bubble off Club Member

That crap works in the SEC too - Auburn vs LSU just a couple weeks ago.
    I think Jimmy did a thread that Les Miles teams are fun to watch