What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Didn't see this discussed - Hirschman/Hansen from Saturday

Buffarino

Math - how does it work?
Club Member
Why start NH if they're just going to pull him and put in Hansen? Anyone know the deal with that?

Why start NH if they're just going to pull him and put in Hansen? Anyone know the deal with that?

whole discussion of this on an earlier thread, think it was the game thread but to lazy to check.

Think Embree was hoping that Hirsch would play well enough to let him give Hansen the week off. Hirsch looked totaly lost and was overwhelmed by the situation. Hansen came in, played better but we still got blown out. Later in the game Embree put Hirsch back in to get more game experience. He did a lot better against the walk-ons and 3rd stringers of ASU.

To me Embree couldn't stick with Hirsch if Hansen was available, it would look to the players that he had simply given up, exactly the attitude he is trying to change. Later when it was obvious he got Hansen out to keep him from getting further beat up. This also gave Hirsch more game experience which may help him in the future.

I don't think Hirsch is ever going to be our starter of choice but if he develops he may give us a decent backup meaning that if Wood wins the job next year with Hirsch as the backup we can RS Dillon and let him develop without pressure. As it is we will be going into next season with only Hirsch ever having taken live snaps in a real game, even if it is garbage time.

whole discussion of this on an earlier thread, think it was the game thread but to lazy to check.

Think Embree was hoping that Hirsch would play well enough to let him give Hansen the week off. Hirsch looked totaly lost and was overwhelmed by the situation. Hansen came in, played better but we still got blown out. Later in the game Embree put Hirsch back in to get more game experience. He did a lot better against the walk-ons and 3rd stringers of ASU.

To me Embree couldn't stick with Hirsch if Hansen was available, it would look to the players that he had simply given up, exactly the attitude he is trying to change. Later when it was obvious he got Hansen out to keep him from getting further beat up. This also gave Hirsch more game experience which may help him in the future.

I don't think Hirsch is ever going to be our starter of choice but if he develops he may give us a decent backup meaning that if Wood wins the job next year with Hirsch as the backup we can RS Dillon and let him develop without pressure. As it is we will be going into next season with only Hirsch ever having taken live snaps in a real game, even if it is garbage time.

What's the outlook on wood? Was he good enough to eventually start at texas? Can he be a solid starter here? Arm strength etc..?

I think the coaches handled this situation as well as it could be handled. It did make me think at the time but with Hansen only being cleared to play on Saturday morning and NH having all the reps that week, they had to see what NH could do. Once it was clear he was a deer in headlights, they had to give to TH if there was any chance to be competitive.

What's the outlook on wood? Was he good enough to eventually start at texas? Can he be a solid starter here? Arm strength etc..?

He was 4th on the depth chart at Texas, but given the state of their QB position this year, he probably would have played if he had stayed.

Million dollar question. I don't have a clue.

Coaching at Texas, especially at the QB position is so screwed up it is hard to tell. This is the same staff that insisted on playing Chrissy Simms and gave us a conference championship. Lots of politics involved.

Based on the little video that we have of Wood and based on who else wanted him out of HS he is talented enough to be a quality starter. Has the arm strength, good mobility, throws a good ball. How that translates into being a starting college QB is always something that has to be seen.

I think based on the little I have seen that he is a major step up from Hirsch. My hope is that he can take the job next year with Hirsch as the backup giving Dillon a year to develop as a RS. The year after Wood is a jr and Dillon competes for the backup job. From there if Dillon is outstanding and Wood isn't progressing Dillon competes to take the job from him, if Wood is outstanding then Dillon develops and takes over the job as a jr. with somebody else developing behind him as a solid backup and future starter.

Well, LSU was interested in having Wood transfer there, so I am guessing he is still highly regarded as a legit BCS player, despite what happened at UT....

I think the coaches handled this situation as well as it could be handled. It did make me think at the time but with Hansen only being cleared to play on Saturday morning and NH having all the reps that week, they had to see what NH could do. Once it was clear he was a deer in headlights, they had to give to TH if there was any chance to be competitive.
sounds about right, not many reps during the week before game... Hirsch struggles, go with the vet

Didn't want to start a separate thread about this, so I'll throw it in here. Did Ray Polk actually get any carries at running back or was he just the announced starter? The ASU PA announcer called his name after several CU offensive plays in the first quarter, but I assume this was a mistake because Plati's stats don't show him with any carries or yards (although Polk is the listed starter at running back for the game).

Last edited:
I didn't see him get any carries and really not sure why he would with his injuries and lack of depth on defense. Probably the typical ASU education.

I'm rich bitch!

With Speedy and Richardson back for Friday, you gotta go with Hansen to start. While he is not a world beater, he looks ok, and this could be one hell of a last hurrah.

Back