What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Difficult task awaits Lappe | By Patrick Ridgell © 2010 Longmont Times-C

RSSBot

News Junkie
BOULDER – Beaming like a proud parent, Colorado administrator and former women’s basketball coach Ceal Barry said she could talk forever about Linda Lappe, whom CU hired Monday to coach its proud program.

More...

Very interesting article.

About 65 candidates inquired about the CU opening, including some current D1 head coaches.

Bohn has given Ceal administrative control over women's basketball and it was pretty much her hire.

Lappe also says she is going to hire a staff with "quite a bit of experience".

I'm glad to see she recognizes that she needs significant experience in her assistants.

I also liked the comment from Lappe about the non-con scheduling......
"she wants the schedule to include as many home games as possible, but enough road dates and challenging opponents to prepare the team for the Big 12."

For the past few seasons, it seems that KMM was trying to ensure the team would make the WNIT by loading up the non-con schedule with cupcakes. But that strategy failed when that left them totally unprepared for the tough Big 12 schedule and they couldn't manage to win the handleful more that they needed to in order to finish at .500 or better for the season.

I really like Ridgell .... better articles in the Longmont paper than in the Boulder paper often.

I
I really like Ridgell .... better articles in the Longmont paper than in the Boulder paper often.

2nd that.

When chip was putting together the RSS feeds for the Newsroom, Ridgell's column was something we really wanted linked on this site. Unfortunately, the Longmont Times-Call doesn't set their RSS feed for different sections --- only the entire paper. Chip had to do some programming and also sent Ridgell an email in order to make this happen. Kind of a big deal. No other Buffs site has the Ridgell articles in its news updates.

Actually, maybe the best thing I read in the Ridgell article .... Chucky Jeffrey saying she's planning to stay at CU. Hope she doesn't change her mind.

And a big Thanks to Chip for getting us Ridgell's articles. If I knew who "Chip" was, I'd give him some rep.

Actually, maybe the best thing I read in the Ridgell article .... Chucky Jeffrey saying she's planning to stay at CU. Hope she doesn't change her mind.

And a big Thanks to Chip for getting us Ridgell's articles. If I knew who "Chip" was, I'd give him some rep.

:lol:

Chipwich . He's an admin on the site.

Edit: And I agree it's great news with Chucky. She's athletic enough to play for anyone in our conference. I actually like our guards a lot for next year, pairing her with Fressle. And Spears is about as good as it gets at the "3". We desperately need the Malcolm-Peck sisters and Seabrook to get in the weight room this offseason so we improve at the "4". MacFarlane also has to step up and give us something at the "5".

What do you know about Shae Kelley for next year? I guess she's a "3" and will back up Spears, but is she a rebounder at all?

:lol:

Chipwich . He's an admin on the site.

Edit: And I agree it's great news with Chucky. She's athletic enough to play for anyone in our conference. I actually like our guards a lot for next year, pairing her with Fressle. And Spears is about as good as it gets at the "3". We desperately need the Malcolm-Peck sisters and Seabrook to get in the weight room this offseason so we improve at the "4". MacFarlane also has to step up and give us something at the "5".

What do you know about Shae Kelley for next year? I guess she's a "3" and will back up Spears, but is she a rebounder at all?

...rumor...don't spread too widely or kill me if it doesn't happen, but there will be a transfer in the backcourt.

...rumor...don't spread too widely or kill me if it doesn't happen, but there will be a transfer in the backcourt.

Other than Whitney? She left the team during last season, so I wasn't expecting her to be asked back anyway.

About Shae Kelley ..... I only saw her at the 5A championship game that Denver East won...... she reminded me of a younger Spears. She's 6' or 6'1", seems to like to slash to the basket, did grab a good number of rebounds. She was named by the Denver Post as the 5A player of the year and Ms Colorado Basketball. How this will translate into college ball remains to be seen.

Back