1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dinwiddie brings impressive résumé to CU Buffs basketball team

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by RSSBot, Oct 13, 2011.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

By Ryan Thorburn Camera Sports Writer

So far, the Spencer Dinwiddie story sounds a little bit like the Alec Burks story. Colorado gets an early commitment from a gifted but overlooked guard who grew up in the heart of conference rival territory.

Originally posted by Daily Camera
    Click here to view the article.

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Love hearing that Spencer's over 6'5" now. Very interesting that we're going to start him out on the wing to give us more of a scoring punch. Especially early in his career, that's a great way to do it. This way he won't have to run the entire show like he would from the point.

3. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

so is our plan, 2 big stiffs, 2 points and a bunch of guys 6'5" to 6'7" who are hard to gaurd?

4. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I am so freakin' excited to see Dinwiddie. I LOVE big point guards, and if he can score as well...wow.

5. Buffnik

Boyle knows that we need scoring and it's not going to come from Nate, Shane or Dre on a consistent basis. He's trying to find at least 2 reliable scoring threats from the 2 and the wing. I think that's all there is to it. We'll start seeing the offense Boyle really wants to run in 2013-14 when he'll have Shane as a senior, Dre as a junior, plus Scott & Gordon in their 2nd seasons in the post (and anyone else recruited for the frontcourt in 2013). Until then, he's being flexible and pretty much dealing with a hand he was dealt. He has also shown that he'd rather bring in an extra wing or combo guard who can play instead of a big guy who can't when forced to that choice.

6. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

6'5" PG? Are you kidding me? And Boyle sounds VERY confident about dinwiddie's abilities... this should be an interesting season.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  7. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

I think Dre will be able to score. That guy has some major major upside and I'm not ready to give up on his offensive skills yet.

8. Buffnik

I hope you're right. If he's someone who can break his guy down and get points off shots he creates for himself, our team gets real good in a hurry.