What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Dinwiddie impressing the coaching staff of the U.S. World University Games team

I think one thing the team needs to do this year is take care of business. In my mind, that means winning games that they should win @ UTAH & Home v Beavers come to mind. I know that there's things going on every game mentally and players get tired over the course of the season, but that's still no excuse. You cant bring your team up to the elite level until you stop dropping games to people that you really shouldn't lose to. They seemed to play to the level of their opponent last year (@ Zona, @ utah) - They need to play at a high level no matter the venue and no matter the opponent.

like others have mentioned, they need to start winning on the road. They lost 5 games last year as noted, though one of those 5 was the game we got screwed out of by the refs. Putting that in the W column would tip us into a winning record for road conf games, which is something I'd like to see next year.

A first round bye in the pac12 tourney and a semi's or final apparence depending on our draw.

And making it to the sweet 16 in the big dance.

Please santa?

I think one thing the team needs to do this year is take care of business. In my mind, that means winning games that they should win @ UTAH & Home v Beavers come to mind. I know that there's things going on every game mentally and players get tired over the course of the season, but that's still no excuse. You cant bring your team up to the elite level until you stop dropping games to people that you really shouldn't lose to. They seemed to play to the level of their opponent last year (@ Zona, @ utah) - They need to play at a high level no matter the venue and no matter the opponent.

like others have mentioned, they need to start winning on the road. They lost 5 games last year as noted, though one of those 5 was the game we got screwed out of by the refs. Putting that in the W column would tip us into a winning record for road conf games, which is something I'd like to see next year.

A first round bye in the pac12 tourney and a semi's or final apparence depending on our draw.

Please santa?

5-4 or 6-3 on the road + 8-1 at home (9-0 can happen, but unlikely it'll ever be the norm given the nature of the game) = 13-5 (or better) conference records. Yes please.

Please santa?

Every team has bad losses, Michigan lost to Penn State, Kansas lost to TCU. However, I think we should aim for being undefeated at home this year. The home court advantage in the Keg is going to be incredible.

photo from usa basketball

13_mwug_op_cer_group_070613_300.jpg

damn Spencer's passport is gonna be filled up by the time he leaves CU. France, Belgium and The Netherlands last year and Russia this year

damn Spencer's passport is gonna be filled up by the time he leaves CU. France, Belgium and The Netherlands last year and Russia this year

That's just 2 stamps thanks to the Schengen Zone :thumbsup:

Lets just hope it doesn't get filled up when he's a pro (I'm optimistic it won't).

Obviously didn't see the game since I lack BB2's magical ability to watch non-televised games from other continents.

Both PGs struggled. Said this was a Russian pro team. Again don't know any specifics or anything about the Russians they played but I wonder if Spencer and the other kid were bothered by the pace of the game or the physciality. The Russians grow up knowing how to play a very controlled game that doesn't fit well with the free flowing style American kids grow up with. They also in many of the Euro leagues play a very physical defense with a lot of bumping and grabbing that the refs tend to let go. I wonder if this is what threw Spencer off. Also hard to compare stats since we don't know anything about who was guarding each player. Spencer has worse stats but were they built against a much better defender?

Playing these games will help Spencer in being able to adapt to a variety of different styles and strategies used against him and his team. He should return a much more mature player and leader for us.

Obviously didn't see the game since I lack BB2's magical ability to watch non-televised games from other continents.

Both PGs struggled. Said this was a Russian pro team. Again don't know any specifics or anything about the Russians they played but I wonder if Spencer and the other kid were bothered by the pace of the game or the physciality. The Russians grow up knowing how to play a very controlled game that doesn't fit well with the free flowing style American kids grow up with. They also in many of the Euro leagues play a very physical defense with a lot of bumping and grabbing that the refs tend to let go. I wonder if this is what threw Spencer off. Also hard to compare stats since we don't know anything about who was guarding each player. Spencer has worse stats but were they built against a much better defender?

Playing these games will help Spencer in being able to adapt to a variety of different styles and strategies used against him and his team. He should return a much more mature player and leader for us.

He has a lot to gain from experiencing more euro-style ball like he did last year. Wish we had a big man getting more of that experience too, I think it can be especially valuable experience for the bigs.

IMO, what the Buffs often lacked last year was a 'tough guy'. Nate and C Brown were missed in that regard. Dre and Dinwiddie led by example, but we need someone more firey and vocal this year. Dinwiddie knows that and hopefully can fill that role, but it would ne nice if XJ or another stepped it up

According to Spencer's twitter, he got into early foul trouble. Im betting he was thrown off his game by that, especially if they were charges.

Competition will get a little better against the Czechs and Swedes, albeit not exactly strong competition. USA will roll. Only decent competition will be Australia and Canada, and then the final which will likely be against Serbia, Brazil, Lithuania or Russia.

Btw, Russia 117 Oman 24? What the ****

Mayor featured heavily in the telecast, although the announcers did seem Pac12 based. Nice little talk about Tad and the Buffs.

Spencer seemed to do a bit less with more minutes this morning. Stats weren't particularly impressive in this one, but he still seemed to distribute pretty well. A couple of misses on drives to the hoop could have made the numbers look a bit better. Hopefully the day off takes care of any remaining jet-lag, next up Sweden on Wednesday.

Getting to watch at least one Buff play some hoops in July is pretty cool.

Hopefully we get to keep one of those USA jerseys to hang up in the practice facility

Im betting he becomes more assertive on the offensive end once the competition gets better and the games closer.

Competition will get a little better against the Czechs and Swedes, albeit not exactly strong competition. USA will roll. Only decent competition will be Australia and Canada, and then the final which will likely be against Serbia, Brazil, Lithuania or Russia.

Btw, Russia 117 Oman 24? What the ****

Is Tunks still on the Aussie team?

Back