What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Dinwiddie impressing the coaching staff of the U.S. World University Games team

Spencer Dinwiddie and Team USA defeated Sweden, 83-65 to remain unbeaten in preliminary play (3-0) at the World University Games in Russia. Dinwiddie played a team-high 26 minutes, in addition to handing out a team-best 6 assists. He scored 6 points with 4 rebounds. More to follow.

I like the high assist number

This has been an amazing experience for Spencer and he has definitely played very well in the games I have watched. Big games with Australia and Canada coming.

This has been an amazing experience for Spencer and he has definitely played very well in the games I have watched. Big games with Australia and Canada coming.

Yeah, these two will be the first real test of competition in this event, along with the final (believe the US lost to Russia in an exhibition leading into this and other potential competition includes always tough countries like Serbia)

On a side note, there's a handful of these tournaments out there -- for instance the USA U-19 team just won the Gold Medal (beat Serbia 82-68 in the final) and had a roster loaded with top college talent.

Just finished watching the Sweden game. Spencer's numbers can improve, but his minutes already show the respect he is earning. Good stuff!

This may be huge for him in terms of draft position. He is going to be a scorer for us next year, we need him to score for us to win like we want to.

In the NBA virtually everybody can score. You have teams that have over half their rosters made up guys who were the leading scorer on their team in college.

This means that you usually have five guys on the floor who are able to score but only one basketball. What will make Spencer stand out is that he can score but also he can be highly effective without having to score himself.

USA loses to Australia 93-84

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=208661160

Dinwiddie had 14 points

USA now in trouble to make the medal round. Have to beat Canada by 10+, no easy task.

Was sitting in the Boulder DMV with nothing to do so I did the math. The article says USA has to beat Canada by ten to qualify over Australia. That doesn't make sense (assuming first tiebreaker is point differential.) Australia plays UAE and will win by 100 just like USA and Canada did. That will put their point differential at about +145. Canada has a three point edge on the USA in point differential, 149 to 146, so USA could advance with with a four point win. They must win the game, though.

Pretty sure top two in the group advance to medal bracket, so they just need to win.

A win makes it a three way tie with Canada and Australia so tiebreakers come into play.

I just watched the game and Spencer and McDermott are the heart and soul of the team. They both played almost the entire fourth quarter. The Aussies all have a big black patch on the back of their jerseys (probably blocking a sponsor's logo) but then below their number are a string of Chinese charcters. WTF is up with that?

A win makes it a three way tie with Canada and Australia so tiebreakers come into play.

I just watched the game and Spencer and McDermott are the heart and soul of the team. They both played almost the entire fourth quarter. The Aussies all have a big black patch on the back of their jerseys (probably blocking a sponsor's logo) but then below their number are a string of Chinese charcters. WTF is up with that?

Yep, as noted earlier, they have to beat Canada by 10+

So Bachinzky (sp?) (ASU) and Heslip (Baylor) both play for Canada. That, coupled with the fact that the USA is losing, makes me want to punch the television.

Disappointing but this will help Dinwiddie in the long run, he can be the unquestionable leader of our team this year! I'm very excited to see his progress with this experience in the leadership department. If we want to accomplish everything this year, we need to have strong leaders.

how about they try and get the team together earlier than 8 days before their first game umpteen time zones away?

how about they try and get the team together earlier than 8 days before their first game umpteen time zones away?

Supposedly they couldn't do that because they had to wait for the NBA draft. Not sure why ... but that's what the announcers (who totally sucked BTW) said during the game.

from what I watched of the game, Mayor was a little out of control at times, but played a good game. His teammates really lacked effort on the defensive side, and on offense Powell had them completely beaten on the inside tot he point where it was basically jack up 3 time for most of the game. They had no answer for him. Really needed Dre!

from what I watched of the game, Mayor was a little out of control at times, but played a good game. His teammates really lacked effort on the defensive side, and on offense Powell had them completely beaten on the inside tot he point where it was basically jack up 3 time for most of the game. They had no answer for him. Really needed Dre!

I understand why the USA coaches wanted to put together a team that built around perimeter shooting, but it really shot them in the foot when the shots stopped falling the last couple games. Plus the interior defense left a lot to be desired.

Dinwiddie went 23-46 (.500), 5-12 (.417) 3pt., 6-10 (.600) FT, 21 rebounds, 14 PF, 42 assists, 9 to, 1 blk, 11 steals and 8.1 ppg for the entire tournament so far. I would say those are very promising stats. He was hands down one of the top players on the team and the announcers wouldn't stop talking about him! I am excited for this next year.

I love that assist to turnover ratio for Dinwiddie. I don't expect him to have that type of ratio at CU, but we need someone to lead this offense, and Booker isn't a PG. We know Dinwiddie can score when he wants to score. If CU wants to advance in the tourney, we need better assists/game numbers. We finished with one of the worst assists/game as a team in the country last year, and we can't repeat that again.

Back