1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dinwiddie is 2nd in NCAA in FT attempts. Shooting 86%.

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by 93Buff, Nov 22, 2013.

1. 93Buff

93Buff Member

he has 55 attempts....#1 is 56 attempts.

that's great. his FG% has been off, but this certainly is an equalizer.

2. jwhite17

jwhite17 Member

That's a great stat! I hope he can continually get to teh line at that rate per game, and once he gets his shot back, he scoring will be even better.

Putting the other teams into foul trouble is huge. The faster the other team goes to the bench, the more beneficial it is to us.

3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Good stat.

Thanks, 93.

Certainly, with 6 games in the books we have played more games than a lot of teams, but any time a PG is ranking anywhere near the top of that list when he's not even a volume shooter... that's damn impressive.

4. jgisland

jgisland Club Member Club Member

While that is impressive, I'd like to put some context into what is even more impressive about Dinwiddie getting to the line. Guys that shoot a lot of shots are going to proportionally get to the line a lot, but that's the beauty of Dinwiddie - he gets to the line a lot without shooting a lot of shots. Free throw rate (FTA/FGA) is where Dinwiddie really excels, he is 14th in the country in free throw attempts per field goal attempt. This is one of Dean Oliver's 4 factors of basketball and Dinwiddie excels at it. It also allows Dinwiddie be one of the most efficient players in the NCAA.

5. 93Buff

93Buff Member

Of course, the better stat is that he is #1 in Free Throws Made.......with his high %.

6. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

imagine how good Burks would be in college now.

7. Ruckus

Ruckus Peep my words. Club Member

I would be fine if that stat lowered due to Spence making the shot after getting fouled...1fgm and 1 ft on those plays compared to 0fg and 2 ft. A lot of the time he gets fouled he still has a good look at the basket but rarely finishes. He should be better at it.

8. Hoops Fan

Hoops Fan Club Member Club Member

That would be quite a feat ... he had 2 years of college ball and now is in his third year of the NBA ... so he is playing his fifth year in a row since starting college. NCAA hardship maybe? :nod:

9. jgisland

jgisland Club Member Club Member

^^^This^^^ I'd also be ok with him shooting more, even if it means missing some. He talks about getting the ball to all of our weapons, but I wish he understood that he's our most deadly offensive weapon.

10. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

I guess you don't understand what the word imagine mean. Or he could have taken a red shirt senior year. boom in your face.

11. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Points out how hard it is for teams to match up with him. He has the skills and quickness of a smaller guy along with the advantages of a bigger guard. Try to cover him with a guy who is big enough and he goes by them, try to go with a smaller guy and he runs them over. Either way the missmatch creates a lot of fouls.

Even better is that when he draws a lot of fouls teams end up having to go with their second or third choice on him making him even more effective later in games.