1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dinwiddie makes the cut

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by rolandftw, Jun 26, 2013.

1. rolandftw

rolandftw Club Member Club Member

2. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Slider's brother disagrees

[​IMG]

3. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

oh lord. What a tool.

4. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

5. Tea Rex

Tea Rex Club Member Club Member

Why didn't you smother him as a child

6. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

go finish the job slider. we can't have an idiot with half a brain trolling forever.

7. sliderNcider

I thanked him for providing motivation for Spencer

8. Darth Snow

Don't forget to mention that he is probably helping Spencer at the National Team tryouts.

9. BuffTE41

BuffTE41 Member

A CSU fan trolling Spencer? Does he not remember when he went off for 29 points against the lambs?

10. cmgoods

cmgoods Olympic Sports Mod Club Member

[h=1]Dinwiddie Named One Of 16 Finalists[/h]COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – After three days of training camp at the U.S. Olympic Training Center that began here on June 24 with 26 of the nation’s top collegiate athletes, the USA Basketball Men’s Junior National Team Committee announced 16 finalists for the 2013 USA Basketball Men’s World University Games Team, including the University of Colorado’s Spencer Dinwiddie.

Read more...

11. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

I hope rbis doesn't sound arrogant, but I think I would be really surprised if he didn't make the team.

12. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

He's looking for anything to divert from the back to reality season that's about to hit CSU basketball. They peaked. We're just getting started.

13. wyobuff

wyobuff Well-Known Member

So true.

14. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

CSU is losing their entire starting five. That's not easy to recover from. However, in Tad's second year, they also had to replace 4 of the starting five, and ended up winning the PAC 12. Don't underestimate Larry Eustacy. Dude knows what he's doing. We are lucky to get them early in the year, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

15. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

I agree. I think CSU may be here to stay while they have Larry.

16. jwhite17

jwhite17 Member

They had an entire starting five of seniors that had played together for 3+ years (minus Iverson - 2 years with the team). That's huge. Losing a beast in Iverson is going to really hurt. He was great on the boards as was Hornung.

I think an NIT appearance is a realistic goal for CSU. Eustacy is a good coach, but he walked into a great situation last year. I think CSU can do well, but won't experience the same success as the previous two years. Too many newcomers and lack of experience.

17. Quattro

CSU doesn't have the recruiting, especially when you compare them to us. I also doubt the MWC next year will be as weak as the 2011 Pac 12 was so there's another factor to add in. We are filling our classes with top 150 players and 4*'s and winning battles against teams like Arizona (Hopkins), Gonzaga (Fletcher), UCLA (Fletcher, XJ) and UNLV (XJ) where as CSU is filling theirs with 3*'s outside of the top 150. CSU reached their peak last year. Larry may be a good coach but Tad is recruiting better and will prove to be a better coach. Tad has done all this without much quality depth, we have depth to go 9-10 deep now. CSU on the other hand has no real depth (same five or six players pretty much did everything) and an ok freshman class coming in.

18. Darth Snow

yup. no one is sayign CSU is gonna be a kickass team. But they won't suck.

19. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

You're sleeping too much on their freshmen. Holt has the potential to be a beast (yes, I'm aware potential is a nice way of saying "hasn't done ****", but it's still a damn good gamble for them), we know Hurst is a good player, and Cohn is going to be a pain in our ass for four years with his long range shooting. Larry's doing a damn good job up there - better than I expected him to do recruiting wise.

20. sliderNcider

Csu replaced their unathletic guards with midget athletic guards. Our length is a great asset

21. mattrob

mattrob Club Member Club Member

This. I think people are also overlooking Avilla, who could provide an immediate lift to the frontcourt. I'm not sure why a few posters are so determined to defend Tad and the talent CU is recruiting anytime CSU comes up. Of course we all think we'll be better going forward. Tad's getting higher ranked classes and has more returning talent. There's a reason everyone here is talking about CU as a top-25 and potential Sweet 16 team, while mentioning CSU as a likely NIT team, and a possible sleeper for the NCAA bubble. But sleeping on CSU under Eustachy is a mistake. Besides, getting a win at a packed Moby over a team with an RPI in the 50-60 range is going to be so much sweeter than running out an MWC doormat in front of 1000 CSU "fans" who happened to wander into the gym.

22. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Oops. Based on the title, I thought this was going to be a thread about Mayor. I'll leave you all alone to exercise your CSU obsession.

23. mattrob

Come on Nik, it's page 2 of an AB thread, you didn't really expect everyone to STILL be talking about Mayor, did you? Besides, we can only spend so much time talking about how damn good he's going to be next year.

24. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

Since we don't have to stay on topic,I hate how I can't read half the **** on ESPN. SO much of what I want to read is on Insider.

25. Quattro

26. mattrob

27. GoonieBuff

GoonieBuff Not really Club Member

Congrats SD! Enjoy Russia.

28. Buffs@5345'

Buffs@5345' Club Member Club Member

Congrats! Hope it is a great experience all around.

"[FONT=helvetica, arial]After departing on July 1, the USA will practice on July 3-6 in Kazan, Russia, including scrimmages on July 4 against Russian basketball club UNICS and on July 5 against the Russia World University Games Team before beginning World University Games play on July 7. "[/FONT]

[FONT=helvetica, arial]Watch out for cutting jokes around the UNICS! I think they're a bit sensitive.[/FONT]

[FONT=helvetica, arial]Anyone know if there is any coverage for these games? I didn't see anything on the USA basketball or Kazan sites. [/FONT]

29. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

Congratz Mayor!!!

30. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

:woot: