What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Direct TV wins

Little bro retired at 54, says the place is a madhouse and they really DKWTF they are doing.

No more free tix.....bummer.

Really in the end, we lose (p12 fans) We've been forced to either switch carriers or not see any games. In the past, I was able to watch at least 10 CU games a year, via DTV here on the east coast. That number is now 2 this year, CSU and UCLA. My only option locally is 30 miles to downtown DC. Sucks!

I've seen EVERY p12 game this year. **** directv.

Directv is overstretched with Sunday ticket and MLB extra innings . Once they lose the exclusive rights to Sunday ticket, they should have extra cash to meet the Pac 12 network demands.

I've seen EVERY p12 game this year. **** directv.

I've got to say, I'm personally very happy with PACN.

I get so much more Buffs and conference content than I ever did before. It's great for football (especially with the game replays), but where it really shines is with basketball and the non-revenue sports.

I get so much more Buffs and conference content than I ever did before. It's great for football (especially with the game replays), but where it really shines is with basketball and the non-revenue sports.

It is going to be hard for people (w/o season tickets) to be a basketball fan w/o the Pac 12 net. I'm guessing at least 50% of our games will be on the Pac net this year.

I was impressed with Dish when I was able to watch the Broncos/Chargers game on my phone as I was wandering the streets of Seattle looking for a decent sports bar. All I had to do was sign on and get my own home channels from Colorado Springs. Can't do that with DTV.

That's great Miami, but it would cost me a few hundred buck to switch, and get out of my contract. Plus when I called DTV to switch, they offered $50 off a month. As a Marylander, I have one choice and only one to watch the Buffs, Dish. F*** Dish

Dish has a $19.99 per month package. Add the sports package for another $8 and you can watch the Buffs year round for under $30. This seems like a reasonable alternative to those stuck in a long term contract.

Bee eye and gee oh. Bee eye and gee oh. And bingo was his name oh....

I'm confused by all of this. I just picked the provider that offered Pac-12 Network. Maybe I don't watch that much tv. Is DTV really such an amazing product that we're going to bitch about not getting CU games instead of just switching? It's effing television.

No it's not.

Yup. More games have been on this year and the quality has been excellent. Some of the games we played in the big12 would not have been on at all. Especially the FCS games. I love the p12 network.

OK. After spending the week on USC boards - I now have a better understanding of why DirecTV hasn't gotten a deal done. Entitled USC fans aren't switching. Instead all they do is complain about what a joke the PAC and especially Larry Scott are. How they should go independent and stop carrying all us free loaders. They will make more money on their own and get a TV deal better than Texas. Etc. Funny - b/c if these guys doing all the complaining would have switched at the start of football season, we would have a DirecTV deal done probably.

Funnies thing this morning was reading a post from someone who lives in my city out here with Cox and how the sh8tty PAC network is in only low definition on Cox. Dude went to 5 different bars looking for HD. Problem being - he was watching channel 78 instead of 1078. Hey, I know technology is an issue for some people - but how do you not know your HD channels start in the 1000s with his provider? Takes all kinds....

That's great Miami, but it would cost me a few hundred buck to switch, and get out of my contract. Plus when I called DTV to switch, they offered $50 off a month. As a Marylander, I have one choice and only one to watch the Buffs, Dish. F*** Dish

DTV's piddly little $50 offer is going to keep you beholden to their contract. I resisted re-upping my DISH contract until I found out the landscape for the P12 network. Surprisingly, I didn't have to switch. But I don't sign up for more contracts. I just call DISH up and say I want to cancel and they give me more incentive to stay, but unless I take their new hardware, there's no mention of contract.

Get indepenent!

In the next 10 years it'll all be streamed. Once that happens the flood gates will open and you'll have a la carte. Legal or pirated.

What kind of name is Biandgo?

aVVcz.gif

In the next 10 years it'll all be streamed. Once that happens the flood gates will open and you'll have a la carte. Legal or pirated.

Im hoping for a shorter porch-like 2-3 yrs. but I'm a go-getter with upper management written all over me.

DTV Cheerleader

DTV cheerleader Rah Rah Rah DTV! DTV! DTV! Is for Me! DTV DTV!!

Results aside, I've been loving the Pac 12 network and watching all the games & coverage in my comfortable living room.

But I'm sooooo glad that DTV has won for it's winner 20% of the pay TV market subscribers. They have made such a winning choice for themselves. It's impressive!!

DTV! DTV! DTV!

Enjoy it in all it's glory!

Rah Rah Ree! DTV!

ha!

DTV cheerleader Rah Rah Rah DTV! DTV! DTV! Is for Me! DTV DTV!!

Results aside, I've been loving the Pac 12 network and watching all the games & coverage in my comfortable living room.

But I'm sooooo glad that DTV has won for it's winner 20% of the pay TV market subscribers. They have made such a winning choice for themselves. It's impressive!!

DTV! DTV! DTV!

Enjoy it in all it's glory!

Rah Rah Ree! DTV!

ha!

The entertainment choices of others seem extremely important to you.

Apparently, being able to watch out-of-market NFL games is what drives the decision for a lot of people.

I don't really understand this for home. I do get that NFL Sunday Ticket is a big deal for sports bars, so without it PACN isn't on most places where you don't have the option of getting it at home. Well, other than Dish. Not sure why more people aren't just getting that.

Out of market NFL games in sports bars is what it's about. The sports bar contract seems to outway a single domestic contract. Maybe along the order of 20:1. No facts here. Just emotion and venom.

DTV's piddly little $50 offer is going to keep you beholden to their contract. I resisted re-upping my DISH contract until I found out the landscape for the P12 network. Surprisingly, I didn't have to switch. But I don't sign up for more contracts. I just call DISH up and say I want to cancel and they give me more incentive to stay, but unless I take their new hardware, there's no mention of contract.

Get indepenent!
That "Piddly" offer saves me $600 a year over what I've been paying. I've had DTV for 10 years and never had any problems. You did good, you were already locked in with DISH, I am not, and at this point enjoy being "independent" and not letting Mr. Scott tell me what to do!

A la carte being good for the consumer is debatable. What is not debatable, would be a death blow to PAC 12, other RSNs and the hundred plus fringe channels.

A la carte being good for the consumer is debatable. What is not debatable, would be a death blow to PAC 12, other RSNs and the hundred plus fringe channels.

Yeah, a la carte scares me a bit because of what I've seen with the airlines. They promote more a la carte options, but now I'm paying for bags and coffee every time I fly.

A LA carte will never happen. Go look at how many channels Viacom or ESPN or any big studio owns. They have no interest in selling anything but the whole bundle to consumers.

Back