What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

DirecTV merger with AT&T could be good news for Pac-12 Network subscribers

I'm dropping DTV this summer when the contract is up, going with Sling TV+ ($25), HBO Plus, Amazon Prime; and then I'm going to subscribe to the Euro P12 Network Feed by spoofing a British IP address. ($15/month, August - March). I'll probably end up around 1/3 the monthly cost, with all the channels I normally watch.

I'm dropping DTV this summer when the contract is up, going with Sling TV+ ($25), HBO Plus, Amazon Prime; and then I'm going to subscribe to the Euro P12 Network Feed by spoofing a British IP address. ($15/month, August - March). I'll probably end up around 1/3 the monthly cost, with all the channels I normally watch.

I assume you're referring to the YouTube stream, which will require a foreign billing address (matching the spoofed IP, of course) linked to your credit card for payment. In other words, setting that up is not as simple as routing through a Euro-IP VPN or proxy service.

I assume you're referring to the YouTube stream, which will require a foreign billing address (matching the spoofed IP, of course) linked to your credit card for payment. In other words, setting that up is not as simple as routing through a Euro-IP VPN or proxy service.
Yeah- that's what I meant. Hadn't gotten as far as the billing, that sucks to hear. Really want to avoid Comcast and Dish if possible.

Sounds illegal to me.....

image.jpg

Yeah- that's what I meant. Hadn't gotten as far as the billing, that sucks to hear. Really want to avoid Comcast and Dish if possible.
The vpn is easy, the credit card with an overseas billing address is more difficult. But, I did figure out a slightly convoluted but only have to do once way. I put together a "how to" guide last winter (mainly so I could remember how to do it when September rolls around). Shoot me a PM and I'll send it to you when I get to a real computer.

The vpn is easy, the credit card with an overseas billing address is more difficult. But, I did figure out a slightly convoluted but only have to do once way. I put together a "how to" guide last winter (mainly so I could remember how to do it when September rolls around). Shoot me a PM and I'll send it to you when I get to a real computer.

Attn: Prince Farouk Bakoh, c/o Nigerian Embassy, Paris, France.

My name is Brody Kaplan, an alumni and very active booster of the University of Colorado. I am also an in-law to the late Byron Wizzer White, United States Supreme Court Justice. Now Justice White is dead, and Bruce Benson, the current President of the University of Colorado System is facing a lot of persecution due to his involvement in anti-football activities during the rule of Coaches Dan Hawkins and Jon Embree. Also there is alleged neglect that Pac 12 Commissioner Larry Scott has been linked to with the stalemated negotiation of the Pac 12 Network on satellite television provider DirecTV. The Pac 12 conference office and television networks have claimed all the member university wealth and I am making this contact on behalf of my sister, Mrs. Becka Miller, not minding the consequences, but hoping that you would understand our predicament hence the need for your urgent assistance and co-operation.

My aim of contacting you is to crave your indulgence to assist us in securing a French billing address for over the top access to Pac12 Network programming that is not otherwise available on American Internet without costly subscription services to cable television networks or Dish TV. Keeping access to University of Colorado sports incidentally is part of the family tradition. Fortunately with my immediate assistance and contact, we were able to replicate a French IP address in a secure hosting service in Europe pending when the whole situation will be calm. However, this French VPN provider does not have any knowledge of the Pac 12 Network content with the state-side viewership, because it was done in the guise that French fashion designers can be enlisted to further enhance Nike Flywire uniform design by replacing steel gray with a more true silver performance fabric. But owing the great risk we run presently due the new cable and satellite initiative to crack down on spoofed European IP addresses and recover all subscription revenue supposedly misappropriated by American cord cutters, my sister and I wish to relocate our viewing address in a foreigner's name to avoid any trace. Now that we have significant athletic facilities improvements, this is our opportunity to watch the Buffs escape irrelevancy, and we are willing to offer you 15% of our legalized recreational marijuana stash after the transaction for your co-operation. All I need from you is an assurance that you can handle the listing of my name on your shell Parisian billing address comfortably and that I can also trust you with this very arrangement.

Be rest assured that there is no risk involved since I have taken care of everything. I want you to immediately inform me of your willingness in assisting and co-operating with us, so that I can send you full details of this transaction and let us make arrangement for a meeting and discuss at length on how to transfer account IDs and passwords. Also furnish me with your private e-mail address, Tel/Fax Numbers (Private) for a personal contact with you. Finally, I am trusting on your full understanding on this, hoping that there will be absolute confidentiality.

Awaiting with interest your response and hoping to develop good business relationship with you.

Yours sincerely and Go Buffs!

Brody Kaplan

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn Skiddy, what part of Mrs Skiddy's to do list were you putting off when you wrote that instead?

Damn Skiddy, what part of Mrs Skiddy's to do list were you putting off when you wrote that instead?

She sarcastically said, "Skid, with your vast knowledge of the intertubes, see what you can do to get Skibum a European billing address."

Like any other fixer, my go-to in these matters is either @Jens or that poor Nigerian Prince who needs to move some of his cash into my bank account.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds more and more like it's happening.

LA Times reported a week ago on the merger: http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...tv-deal-approval-expected-20150515-story.html

AT&T has said it anticipates completing the merger by the end of June. It recently told investors that it expects substantial cost savings after the consolidation of the two companies -- as much as $2.5 billion in savings.

A host of financial publications and stock watches are expecting the merger to be approved soon, too. It's been all over the news.

We need this to happen.

Pac-12 revenues are basically double what CU and other conference members were getting before the expansion of the conference and launch of PACN.

DTV carriage would add another $2-3 million a year based on some projections. (It would also help recruiting -- especially for CU which has to go outside the footprint more than some other conference members.)

Also -- something else to watch is Netflix. They backed off their opposition to the ATT/DTV merger. Could this mean that they've gotten what they wanted in a side deal and will have a streaming sports package soon?

I hope it happens for the sake of CU and the conference. DTV has lost me as a client, though.

Yeah I hate directv but it would still be nice to go a bar and have the game on instead of having to call around and stay at one place to watch it.

Back