What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Disappointed in Alfred Williams

I don't really like Big Al - he is stubborn as all hell and often takes ridiculous positions.

You guys don't have to agree with Alfred. But he doesn't owe any of you ****ers anything. He also can say whatever he wants about he Buffs. Fact of the matter is, he gave a big chunk of his life to the program directly. You don't like him, don't listen to him.

I like Al a lot and listen to him and Dmac almost everyday. Probably my favorite talk show on right now. Having said that, I cringe half the time he talks about CU football. I heard the segment DPLY is talking about yesterday, and it was bad. Dmac had to subtly correct him, and he's had to do that more than once with Al when it come to CU football. If it was any other talk show host we'd all be up in arms over how misinformed he can be.

I like Al a lot and listen to him and Dmac almost everyday. Probably my favorite talk show on right now. Having said that, I cringe half the time he talks about CU football. I heard the segment DPLY is talking about yesterday, and it was bad. Dmac had to subtly correct him, and he's had to do that more than once with Al when it come to CU football. If it was any other talk show host we'd all be up in arms over how misinformed he can be.

That may be so, but nobody can talk about what is on the menu at the Black Eyed Pea better than Big Al. It's off the chain!!

I don't mind Big Al but I agree with Snow. Once he's taken a stance no amount of facts will dissuade him. Dmac makes that show unlistenable so I haven’t tuned in in months.

I actually really like Nalen. He is unpolished and speaks his mind. I don’t always agree with him but I like him more than anyone else on these days. I like Vic (loved Vic and Gary) but won’t listen to Evans so I don’t tune in to that show either.

So, this is DMac? I heard that at a Bronco's presser, he had to stand on a chair to ask a question. :rofl2:

TheDrive-SMheader1a.jpg

those guys have faces made for radio.

he spent extra on the forhead by saving on the space between his eyes. you could blind him with one spoon.

I like Al's show. Don't agree with everything he says, but he will always be one of my favorite Buffs.

Still remember him laying out Jeff George at Folsom. Awesome.

ugggh he was terrible trying to cover for Von Miller yesterday.

Part of his stubborn, always defend the players thought process. It can be really frustrating to listen to. I was stuck in traffic last night listening and had to flip from him multiple times.

I stopped listening to Denver radio after the Water Bottle fiasco. I might start listening again when/if the Buffs and/or Donkeys start doing well, but it's really hard to listen to most of the year.

I really liked Big Al because he says what's on his mind, but it is true that he will take the player's side 100% of the time, even when it's obvious that the player is in the wrong. And he talks about his championship days way too much, considering how long ago his Super Bowl days were, much less his days as a Buff. But I'd still take him in a heartbeat over most of the East Coast fools that are on Denver radio most of the time.

Love Big Al as a player. But he's one of the least knowledgeable sports talk hosts I have ever heard.

Sandy Clough is actually not that bad. For Denver sports talk he's probably the smartest of the bunch when it comes to analyzing what's going on

Love Big Al as a player. But he's one of the least knowledgeable sports talk hosts I have ever heard.

He is actually pretty damn good at breaking down the d-line. I always turn up the radio when he is talking about what he knows best.

He is actually pretty damn good at breaking down the d-line. I always turn up the radio when he is talking about what he knows best.

I gotta disagree. He contradicts himself half the time. He uses stats to back up his position when he can and when he can't he just says the guy can just play. So the guy can play really good football, but records ****** stats.....ummm okay? hold on is Buffenuf Big Al?

Hating yourself is a good way to not be surprised when you find everyone else does too.

Alfred is alright and tolerable to me, his co host though is garbage makes me change the channel all the time

Back