What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Disappointed in Alfred Williams

Rep sent to both.

The Great Gazoo it was. When he showed up it was the final indication that the Simpsons had run its course.

Course D-Mac has a bigger head.

The less they talk about CU on that show, the better. People on this board know more about college football than them combined.

attachment.php

Actually listened to al and dbag today to see what they said about the Buffs.

Nothing.

Last edited:
Actually listened to al and dbag today to see what they said about the Buffs.

Nothing.

They talked about it briefly during the first segment, after talking about their fantasy draft. And it was a pretty vague commentary, saying they were impressed with both teams. Alfred eventually said the program was in good hands, he was proud of the Buffs, and that was that.

That was pretty weak.

Honestly, though, CU hasn't earned local coverage in a while. Just like they don't talk about the Avs on Denver radio.

That was pretty weak.

Honestly, though, CU hasn't earned local coverage in a while. Just like they don't talk about the Avs on Denver radio.
One thing about Irv and Joe, the old coots love college sports and talk CU football pretty often.

Beat Central Arky and Fresno and then Oregon State and there will be lots of talk for the week leading up to the Ducks. Do that and find some way to beat Oregon and I suspect we will be ranked!

Lose to Central Arky, or OSU and no one outside of Folsom will care, and if you have DirecTV the CU Football season may as well be over at that point.

Wow, and I thought women only ripped on each other about how they looked.

I listen to them (Al and DMac) all the time, and I know they are often misinformed or don't have the correct stats. I don't care so much about that, I can look them up them myself, I have been going to CU games forever (beginning when I was 3 since my Dad was an alum). It is easy-going entertainment for me. I don't want to participate, I just want to laugh on the way home from work and that is what they do for me. Sometimes their discussions are so rediculous that I just find them funny and it is a good break. Life is too short to analyze everything. If I need to know something, I never trust talk shows, the internet or the news anyway, I do it myself.

Why take a local sports show, news channel, or even a national sports association seriously? Look at NCAA/ESPN and the Johnny Football thing? It is a tabloid-sports hybrid story, and they love it because even men get into it and watch which helps their profits and ratings. There are days when I think we are being presented with my Mom's long ago beloved soap operas.

Years ago, some poor boy got hauled into his Mom's weekly salon appointments and out of boredom had to read the tabloid mags because there was no sports pages around, and this is what we ended up with.

Even with the disgust I have with how they cover it, I will always love watching the game. The mute button is my friend.

Last edited:
Talk radio is about the whipping the whipping boy.

Callers = ratings
Flaming = callers
Ratings =ads
Ads + Ratings = more money

Last edited:
It's one of those "never meet your heroes type of things." Actually I've met Big Al many times and he is such a great guy. I don't like him on the radio but I'd rather have him than another Northeastern transplant.
You mean a northeast transplant that knows the fact right? ;)

I had a chance to listen to Sandy a little bit yesterday and he was talking about the game some, this was a little before 10 MT. I tuned in an hour or 2 later and then he was talking about the lack of baseball talk in September. :huh:

I had a chance to listen to Sandy a little bit yesterday and he was talking about the game some, this was a little before 10 MT. I tuned in an hour or 2 later and then he was talking about the lack of baseball talk in September. :huh:
Sandy probably discusses the Buffs (and not just in an obligatory way) more than anyone else on that station.

The Buffs get less play on talk radio than in any market I visit (I'm a road warrior, and I listen to Sports Talk a lot). And it's not just lately, but since I moved here in '95 it's been Bronco talk, all the time, 24/7/365. Sickening.

You can't turn on Alfred. He is one of the greatest Buffs ever, and is a really good dude. Certainly has done more for our program than anyone here.

He gets a lot more leeway than this before I start to criticize him on places like here.

1+ Big Al gets a bit of leeway from me too! He is still hurt that WB got canned, but I think that's more from being so embarrassed for WB's pi**-poor performance and the fact Al was so heavily emotionally-invested in WB&CO because he's a brutha and that staff had Al's teammates on it..

Sandy is also the only one who will talk about the Avs :lol:

He's a bit of a windbag, but I like the variety of topics he discusses.

Sandy is very underrated.
I have done a 180 on Sandy over the years. I used to find him completely unbearable, but now I think he is by far the best in this market. He is so much more knowledgeable than anyone else on his station. It's really not even close.

I have done a 180 on Sandy over the years. I used to find him completely unbearable, but now I think he is by far the best in this market. He is so much more knowledgeable than anyone else on his station. It's really not even close.

:nod: He does overanalyze at times, but yeah I agree.

The Buffs get less play on talk radio than in any market I visit (I'm a road warrior, and I listen to Sports Talk a lot). And it's not just lately, but since I moved here in '95 it's been Bronco talk, all the time, 24/7/365. Sickening.

My husband says the same thing - one of the reasons he has a hard time rooting for the Broncos is because he wants to hear college chatter & it's 24/7 Bronco talk. Hell, he'd even take CSU talk as long as it was an informed college football conversation but there's nothing here. And what little talk there has been about CU over the past week is probably all we'll get until we start playing better. Depressing.

I used to find Sandy unbearable too. Maybe we had better choices then, I dunno. I even like it when he calls people idiots anymore, when I used to just think he was a dick.

Truth be told, though, if you don't count Irv and Joe and how damn old they are, Sandy is pretty much the only guy left in the Denver market who actually remembers back as far as I do. Most of these guys these days weren't here or, even worse, were in diapers when most of us started following local sports.

I was listening to McIntosh and Goodman the other day and it got really awkward. Mac was talking about his motivational speaking and Goodman said, "You are the last guy I'd hire as a motivational speaker." Then Mac read a review he got for Kaiser and Goodman started in on how awful Kaiser is. Really unprofessional. Now I see that Mac is leaving the show "because my heart is not in it anymore." My sense is that he couldn't stand Goodman who comes across as a self absorbed asshole.

I don't know if it's Irv, Joe or Gil (?) but if I turn on MileHighSports during the midday hours, one of those old dudes has voice that it so strained that it sounds like he's going to blow an aorta right on air at any moment. Like nails on a chalkboard; I have change it immediately.

I don't know if it's Irv, Joe or Gil (?) but if I turn on MileHighSports during the midday hours, one of those old dudes has voice that it so strained that it sounds like he's going to blow an aorta right on air at any moment. Like nails on a chalkboard; I have change it immediately.
That's Gil. You should turn it. He never talks sports. It's frustrating.

After a 6+ year break, listened to Irv and Joe over the internet today. Buffs were getting plenty of props.

Back