What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Division 2 Danny might have found another coaching job ...

I think that would be an enjoyable situation for Dan and the Hawkins family. Honestly, I believe that would be a good fit. One of the biggest reasons for failure at CU is that Dan is simply not built for making cutthroat business decisions that would hurt the people around him (assistants, their families, players, etc.). He's financially set. They've built their dream home. It's time to go somewhere with lower pressure and more of a pure coaching & family environment.

(*The above assumes I wouldn't have to see him on ESPN any more.)

Dan Hawkins is not a football coach. I think he can add value as a leader in the business world. But he shouldn't be leading a college football team at any level.

and, in the final insult, CU will add uc-davis to the schedule to fill a hole in the next few years and will lose by 40.

and, in the final insult, CU will add uc-davis to the schedule to fill a hole in the next few years and will lose by 40.

On the bright side, it would undermine the research that suggests that coaching changes result in unsatsifactory improvement.

Ha ha. I love Liver's sense of humor. This definitely would be the final insult. Not sure whether to laugh or cry.

UC Davis finished the 2012 season at 4-7 by winning its final game against... wait for it... wait for it... wait for it...

Sacramento State.

:facepalm:

UC Davis finished the 2012 season at 4-7 by winning its final game against... wait for it... wait for it... wait for it...

Sacramento State.

:facepalm:

Yeah, but did they have to play them at home? At altitude? Make sure we're comparing apples and apples here...

Good for him. We should have never fired Barnett, we would no doubt be better off today (can't be worse).

100% true. GB was the guy for the job. CU's expectations were/are too high, unless and until CU starts flooding football with money. GB was a great long term fit for CU. Kind of like Riley at Oregon State. Just stick with the guy over the long haul, over the ebbs and flows. He proved that he could get it done at two different schools in big time conferences.

Reactions: aik
I think this is exactly the target performance for CU. It's all about cycles: A couple of great years, middle of the pack stuff, and an occasional craptastic year or two.

Gary Barnett

Gary Barnett

Gary Barnett

Gary Barnett

Gary Barnett

Gary Barnett

But with a guy like GB, I think it's a good bet that he's got the skills and know-how to cycle back up. Very few schools have the power to stay consistently on top.

Lots of people claim that they're ok with cycles, but when the down cycle comes, they're really not ok. They see other teams winning, so they panic and call for a coaching change.

I remember when we thought he was a joke, including me... I sure wish we had his one or two game surprises these last couple of years. We go into every game knowing the loss is coming.

Bruce Feldman just tweeted that he's heard Hawkins is one of three possible candidates for the UTEP job. Everyday Should Be Saturday tweeted this is in response:

edsbs ‏@edsbs
I really hope @CoachHawk gets the UTEP job, because he'd look superdoublecrazy waving a pickaxe around.

Back